DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome DGLance to the BT

Talya

I seem to be doing all these lately,

I'm officially welcomeing you to the BT DG...have a good look around and it should'nt be too long before you can see out Private boards.

You can always tell us a bit about yourself, or just make something really fascinating up about yourself...

And yes! you get more Bronies...

*hands DG a plateful of delicious Brownies made by me fair hands that rean't tainted at all...honest!*

:D

Thanks, again, for the welcome.

My moniker is just a little mix-up of my given name - David Lance G.

In real life, I am happily married for coming up on 20 years, with three kids and four grandkids. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I am a big fan of poker, good classic "guy movies" (Resevoir Dogs, Usual Suspects, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting, The Jerk, Fargo, etc.), fantasy fiction that delves into how humans interact and react (outside of Jordan and Tolkien, I loved Frank Herbert's Dune series), and on the non-fiction side John Allen Paulos.

Enough of reality ....

Is it possible that those brownies are not only Taint enhanced with Tasty Goodness, but also taste so good because they enhance the Taint?

Regardless, I will lurk around often hoping to glom onto any more being passed out to new members.

I look forward to the fun and frivolity and general mayhem and madness.

So, I found the link to the BT org web site. I tried registering there. Said it would need to be verified/approved by someone. Not sure if that was the right thing to do. I did browse around it some. Good informaton there. For now, I will wait patienly for the necessary magic to happen behind the scenes to get access to all private BT boards, yes?

Welcome Welcome!!

I am Limi, The Newbie (not N00b) Liason. :) I would normally send you a PM welcoming you, but the system to do so is down. dry.gif

It's nice of you to join! Now here is a little about us, we are crazy, spammy, silly, and most of all TAINTED! We love games, be it computer games, boards games, we just love to have fun!

Frist off , Our Leader is Talya.

We have three groups around that you can join: They are run by Faction Leaders (FL) and have Storm Leaders (SL) to help.

The Settlement, which is the only non channeling side of the BT. This is the entertainment, planners, party throwers, and show a little leg side of the BT. There is no channeling, but whips are being made as of now. This Faction is run by Limi (Little Miss)

The Light Side, aka the Lighties, are the nice good side of the BT. Active and "protective" they try to hold the "taint" at bay. This Faction is run by Eli (Ellianora)

The Shadow Side, aka the Shadows, are the rough and tumble bad boy side of the BT. They are prone to constant evil thoughts and plans to take over the world. We think >.> This Faction is run by TMD (TheMasterDude)

To be able to join one of these Factions, as they are called, you need points, to get points, you participate in games, start threads, and please the point giver outers. (Anyone Asha'man and above)

Now the brownies are for every one! So take as many as you like. :)

Here are some helpful links to get you started:

http://s1.zetaboards...nformationpage/

To view your points:

http://s1.zetaboards...rg/pages/ranks/

-please note on the points page that as a new member you will not be added immediately-

If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to ask. I am the Newbie liaison, so feel free to ask me or one of the staff mention above if you have any questions.

Hope to see you around!

So, I found the link to the BT org web site. I tried registering there. Said it would need to be verified/approved by someone. Not sure if that was the right thing to do. I did browse around it some. Good informaton there. For now, I will wait patienly for the necessary magic to happen behind the scenes to get access to all private BT boards, yes?

Our private boards are all on Dragonmount. The other site is just for informational purposes (And just an extra place for staff to put information we don't want clogging up the main boards here) so sorry I got to say that I need to deny you permission. :P

Hello, DG. Nice to see a Tolkien fan. I love Tolkien because he took something ancient and refreshed the old knowledge - specifically, Teutonic legend. It really shows an appreciation for history, and he demonstrated a very impressive mastery of the subject matter; most people cannot alter or twist mythology just enough so that it remains in its original form but expanded.

I have to say that I'm also A Tolkien Fan. There are my Fav books of all time.

In fact we have a fancy dress for our Christmas do at work and the theme is movie characters, hopefully, if i can get the costume worked out i will go as Arwen! (I love the films as well as the books, but did read the books first - a few times)

Nice ! They are my favorite books, too! Not so much as the main trilogy, but the side books like The Silmarillion, The Book of Lost Tales, etc. They give you all the history that I like to read of Middle Earth and if you are interested in theological descendancy, it is fun to compare them to the mythology it is based on and then trace how Tolkien himself evolved his own mythos.

I liked it from the first, but I must say, the Lost Tales are better. Since they contain the oldest version of tales that appear in The Silmarillion, it is most like the Teutonic mythology and so it puts on a mask of antiquity that I like. If only Tolkien had kept with those tales, slightly altered and detailed; The Silmarillion kind of cut a lot of the interesting parts of the tales out while putting a more occidental face on Middle Earth instead of the more Pagan touch it originally had. Now I suddenly have the uncontrollable urge to go off and talk about myths. :D

I think the Silmirilian was put together later on in life. The lost tales i think were stuff put together by his son Christopher, so he would have taken a lot of the original stuff he got from his father. I haven't read that much of it. I really must spend the time doing it sometime. There just never seems to be enough time for the things I want to do! *sighs*

Well, the Silmarillion was put together by his son after he died based on what Tolkien indicated he wanted the final versions to look like in his notes and such things. The Lost Tales were compiled from his earliest versions of the myths that The Silmarillion was created from also after Tolkien's death, as his son explains in a lot of his explanations in the books.

Has anyone read Guy Gavriel Kay. He was tasked to help Christopher Tolkien work on the posthumous JRR works for a time.

I think my favorite of his is Tigana. Although, several of his other works are magnificent, as well. For me, Kay is one of the best at creating characters I find myself actually caring about. Often times, I will truly enjoy a story or collection of stories without having much investment in any individual character(s). However, in Kay's works, I usually find myself completely immersed in one or two characters and eagerly anticipate how the story will develop around them.

Archived