• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the US most of the Major Bookstore chains begin with the letter "B"

Barnes and Noble

Borders

B Dalton

Books-a-Million

Anyone know what the major bookstore chains are named in the list of countries that is being suggested?

Australia

-------------

-Borders

-Dymocks

-Angus & Robertson

Am happy to go for a drive if it turns out that the non-US clue is somewhere in my state (australia, victoria). There was a fantasy convention thingy recently in which a WoT panel happened on the Monday just been, so it is possible that Melbourne could be the place.

Guest KarenWalters

In the US most of the Major Bookstore chains begin with the letter "B"

Barnes and Noble

Borders

B Dalton

Books-a-Million

Anyone know what the major bookstore chains are named in the list of countries that is being suggested?

In the UK

Waterstones

WHSmith

Borders went bust here.

@Wrenna:Yeah, I went to buy stuff in Borders in Dublin last week and it had vanished! Strange.

I don't think tWoK has even been released here yet, so that prob would've ruled Ireland out.

So have ye got any reply yet? Saw Brandon's tweet about the question thievery... Sly!!

I just read the entire back and forth between DM, Theoryland, and Sanderson. Must say that I didn't realize there was such a rivalry and secondly that I LOVE IT. Aside from that I just wanted to say I'm more than willing to help find a clue. I'm currently in Okinawa, Japan will fly through Tokyo then go into Seattle from there Spokane. I will then fly down to Alabama/Georgia area then go up to the Chicago area (Roaming ~250 miles). I will then go back to Spokane and then down to San Francisco. All of this will happen between the 25th of September and 25th of October. So if you guys think some place needs searching just let me know via e-mail, PM, or this thread.

David

For more about what went on with the questions read here. All 10 have been asked.

https://docs.google.com/View?docID=dcjspjqg_881z2xd56fn&revision=_latest

As for what happened at Joran*Con:

Theoryland

I'm sure Jason doesn't hold being collared and arrested by Theoryland against us. All in good fun.

Among other things, although if you want more information you'll have to ask to someone who went. I plan on going next year when I'm not literally on the other side of the globe.

Hopefully I'll be able to post in a couple hours with the questions, answers and a complete explanation of what went down last night. I'm waiting for the west coast to wake up right now.

Can't you at least post the questions for now, even when you don't have the answers yet? It would be interesting what was decided in the end.

For more about what went on with the questions read here. All 10 have been asked.

https://docs.google.com/View?docID=dcjspjqg_881z2xd56fn&revision=_latest

As for what happened at Joran*Con:

Theoryland

I'm sure Jason doesn't hold being collared and arrested by Theoryland against us. All in good fun.

Among other things, although if you want more information you'll have to ask to someone who went. I plan on going next year when I'm not literally on the other side of the globe.

Ah that's Jason not the whole of DM, I say Brandon's just trying to play a mind game with us, I'm glad we did a united front and asked Ten questions together rather then 5 competive ones. Now if a DM fan guesses or finds the clue on the other hand... *evil grin*

Also Borders went bust everywhere :( I ONLY have B&N near me now.

Umm... they kind of teamed up...

Brandon

Wait. Did Dragonmount really just pretend to work with Theoryland on joint questions, then STEAL their questions and laugh manically? Wow.

Apparently they did steal. I had to go to the Theoryland doc to read about it. I do not condone their actions, I walk in the light dammit.

Umm... they kind of teamed up...

Brandon

Wait. Did Dragonmount really just pretend to work with Theoryland on joint questions, then STEAL their questions and laugh manically? Wow.

Apparently they did steal. I had to go to the Theoryland doc to read about it. I do not condone their actions, I walk in the light dammit.

Foul language for a person whose path rests in the light.

As for clue 17, we'll have to wait and see if Jennifer and them have figured it out.

Archived