DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why This Org?

Pumonca

I have a few honest questions to pose to SG members.

Why are you here at a DM Org regarding the WoT?

What do you feel this Org is here for?

What do you feel we do "constructively" here?

Why do you think there are separate Orgs, instead of one big social supergroup?

Are you here for writing fan fiction, or spoofs, or creating artwork, or just talking about the books?

Are you here to just entertain your friends and have fun goofing off with fellow geeks and nerds?

Why are you here in SG?

Ok, I'm going to try to answer those :P

Well, WoT is what brought me here (duh). I was introduced by a friend and fell in love with the series. I googled it and stumbled across DM. Had to be sat down and explained what RPing was in the first place and I couldn't wait to turn into this amazing powerful Yellow Sedai lol. I've limited myself to certain areas.... specifically the RP and WT and SG on the social side (aside from some minor try outs here and there). I didn't use to follow RJ's blog much, don't usually follow the news either and I don't actively participate in the discussion boards dedicated to the books (I think it's mostly to do with me not having an eye for specifics and details and so I don't have much to use for theorizing lol). I love the books and I do enjoy occasionally chatting about them with friends over messengers, but I haven't really discussed book related stuff unless it was information that needed discussing for RPing on the RP social groups I'm active in. I do enjoy RPing in RJ's world, though.

Eh, basically I think all the social groups are there to interact and socialize with compatible people. We all obviously love WoT but we all have more layers than that and while it's nice that we always have WoT to break the ice, DM has a huge amount of members and so social groups sort of narrows them down into different groups that you can choose to join. Makes it easier to get to know people better. As for SG specifically, I might have a tainted view on that because I'm old school. I joined SG to have fun, spam, joke, grope, taunt and mock. And not necessarily in that order :P

Well, there's Thakandar where all the games take place. I haven't gone there in ages but I expect it's the usual games that we've always had in SG with some additions. We have the whole caption contest between the factions. There's a DO chosen every month (the person that earned most points the previous month). There are the occasional pre-approved invasions. Oh and there are the gray-man tasks that I never really got into. Those are just off the top of my head... I'm sure I'm missing things.

It would be too messy, in my opinion. I'm not naive enough to think that in every social group all the members love each other but it would be a lot worse if they were all thrown together into one group, what with having a huge variety of members with different needs. Separation into social groups helps and gives a person more a sense of self and their own identity. Or at least, that's my impression.

Are you here for writing fan fiction, or spoofs, or creating artwork, or just talking about the books?

Initially I joined for RPing/writing (there wasn't really any other option, since I joined before the split). After the split, though, I was determined to be active in both parts. I love RPing because it has vastly improved my english but I never could ignore the benefits the social groups offer. And as previously mentioned I'm not much for posting in the discussion boards. As for artwork, I have occasionally written some silly short stories, dark poetry and some animal bead weaving >.>  Most of those I did on the Illuminators, though.

Are you here to just entertain your friends and have fun goofing off with fellow geeks and nerds?

Here in SG? Pretty much. I don't mind putting some work time in helping, but goofing about is definitely a major reason. Here in DM? No, I'm also invested in the RP part and am quite serious about it.

Why are you here in SG?

Initially it was because of three cool guys with questionable hygiene. Later on it was because more quality people I came across that made SG and specifically the SS the place to be. There were ups and downs in regards to why I chose to stick around but part of it was definitely out of routine.

Nyn

• Club Leader

I'm not going to answer the questions specifically, because they seem to overlap. One thing I was asking myself today is "Why do I love SG?" I've been a member here less than a year, but this is by far my favorite place on DM. SG to me means sarcasm and wit. I love both of those things.

The other main thing I come to DM for is mafia. I love that we have a games board here, to complement OG.

Personally, there are series' I like much better than WoT. I'm not a huge fan. But Dragonmount is one of a kind!

I hope that gives you some insight into the mind of a newer, but very active, member. I'll be honest, if it gets as spammy as the BT, where I can never find a convo I was participating in, I won't be nearly as active as I am now. I don't hate spam, and I definitely don't mind convos drifting off topic, but numerous pages of nonsensical spam just clutters things up, imo. I like a certain amount of order and structure.

I don't know if this helps, but one thing we've done in the Green Ajah is to have some threads where we can spam away and some where it's not supposed to be. That has really worked.

One more thing, and then I'll write the prologue to this novel. I've seen where some feel it's okay to be disrespectful because "this is SG." There's joking and being sarcastic and then there's deliberately pushing people's buttons. Those are not the same things, imo.

On a totally serious note, I really need more caffeine!

Guest BaLefireP

Because I have read the books and loved them, and wanted to meet others like me who have read them and loved them. (they make the best kind of friends)

To get on yours and other peoples nerves as we do SG things to you when you post here. >:D

*stab* people!

Because all of us on this site are different and like different things, games and activities. Plus we are the most evil of them all!! :D

To talk about the books, Stab people, and hang with friends. (And spam)

Ummm….No.

Why are you here in SG?

Because of people like you… >:D

*STABS*

1. Why are you here at a DM Org regarding the WoT?

A. Because Monca kept calling and texting me to come back and post here.

2. What do you feel this Org is here for?

A. It's here because it didn't want to be there *points over there*

3. What do you feel we do "constructively" here?

A. Make a mess out of things. We're goddamn experts on that. *nods*

4. Why do you think there are separate Orgs, instead of one big social supergroup?

A. There are people, and then there are sticks. Occasionally, the sticks select a few people and enter them through their rear orifices. These people with sticks up their rear orifices do not want those without sticks up their orifices to socialize with them. So they segregate.

5. Are you here for writing fan fiction, or spoofs, or creating artwork, or just talking about the books?

A. None. I'm here because it was the only way for Monca to stop calling and texting my phone. Really.

6. Are you here to just entertain your friends and have fun goofing off with fellow geeks and nerds?

A. I'm here because...well yeah. Yes I am.

7. Why are you here in SG?

A. I am Noggy. Noggy is to SG what a big stinky dingleberry is to an incontinent baboon. Make sense? (Hint: No it doesn't)

4. Why do you think there are separate Orgs, instead of one big social supergroup?

A. There are people, and then there are sticks. Occasionally, the sticks select a few people and enter them through their rear orifices. These people with sticks up their rear orifices do not want those without sticks up their orifices to socialize with them. So they segregate.

xD

epic!

Nyn

Guest BaLefireP

xD

epic!

Nyn

Yeah, this one made me snort DR. Pepper up my nose. XD

Guest BaLefireP

I've never had Dr.pepper  >.>

:o

WHAT??!!!!1111

HOW!!!!!????????????????????

Get some! right away!

Archived