DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taim and Rand

I still say that based solely on the fact that Taim gave Rand a seal to the DO's prison and knew what it was makes him either a high-level DF or a Forsaken in disguise.

IIRC, pretty much only AS knew what the seals were, (outside of the Forsaken), so how in the world would some farmboy from Saldea know without direct influence from the BA or the Forsaken? An AS who wasn't BA would have just taken the seal back to the WT.

Which all leads me to say that Rand's subconscious is correct in the way he acts towards Taim.

IIRC, Rand finds it nigh on impossible to be normal

around Taim because of Lews Therin's reaction. Sure, he rants when there's any channeling man around, but Taim sends him over the edge. There's def a reason for that.

As for the Logain / Caddy comparison- even if they are so similar, we've had so little face time with Logain,  and no PoV, that it's kinda easy to like him. And he was a fairly sorry looking creature in Tar Valon.

@ Rembrandt: I for may well attempt to eat ToM if it transpires that Taim is not a DF, and a high ranking one at that.

'Let the Lord of Chaos rule' ?! He didn't pull that out of thin air! And, he's the only non- Forsaken person to refer to the Aiel as 'so-called'.

There are no accidents in those books, and there's no way that's a red herring. Taim is either a few thousand yrs old himself, or has spent significant time with at least one Forsaken.

'Simple and straightforward', in this context, point to Taim being exactly what he appears to be, (a total wanker) and Logain being fairly ok, really.

Yeah, the "knowing Old Tongue" excuse doesn't work for me.  There's a reason 'So-call Aiel' has only been said twice in the whole books, by Taim and Moridin.  They're together somehow, whether teacher or the same person.  The rest of the evidence is just even more mounting.  Still curious over the dark aura thing.

That's it. Verin at least was ambiguous enough that her being Light, Dark or spy were all plausible enough options.

The dark aura is indeed intriguing. Funny people seem to share similar things - didn't Min find she couldn't see anything clear around Bashere, but darkness of some sort? I can't remember now exactly, but it put my hackles up, anyhoo.

Theory #1) Taim is probably some figure who was trapped in a stasis box, found by Ishamael (or put in there by Ishy) and released by him. Hence his extensive knowledge about ancient times. Possibly even turned by the BA. Alternatively he might be a past false Dragon, such as Amalasan who was alive during one of Ishys free phases.

Theory #2) Taim simply has the memories of someone in his head. Wouldn't be too odd considering we know Rand has LTT's memories. Memories of a past Age could well explain his proficiency with the power and his knowledge of the past. Likewise it would explain why he is so unstable and inconsistent. His emotions going from 0 to 100 with no provocation, as Perrin smelled after Dumai's Well. It would also explain how he avoided the taint. He didn't, if the taint rots away the wall dividing past lives allowing memories to seep through. Taim is simply going mad in a more benign way, being engulfed by visions of grandeur, megalomania and delusions from a voice in his head.

Either way I find it very odd that we know absolutely nothing, or no one in the book knows anything about Taims past. He just popped up out of nowhere. Which is very weird for a noble, as everyone holds him for due to his mannerisms, style of speech and behavior. However a minor lord such as Logain, more than one person in the book knows his history and backstory. Not so much with Taim, who seemed to have been born at the age of 30 with no history.

Well thats obvious; Taim is lying his ass off about his past. That doesn't mean there is anything more to it then that though. I find it a bit farfetched that he is a previous false dragon who was stored in a stasis box; considering we know all the previous major ones were gentled. Guiare Amalasans outcome is hazy, but we at least know that he was gentled, and until recently that was incurable.

Im not sure that he was lying about everything.

As they say, a lie with a grain of truth is the best lie.

I think that he is just Taim, regular false Dragon like Logain.

However, he probably was busted out by BA or Forsaken or something and given some sort of training or orders.

However, he probably was busted out by BA or Forsaken or something and given some sort of training or orders.

what does the dark aura mean?

what does the dark aura mean?

The Dark Aura is NOT an exclusive attribute to the use of the TP.

It could be various things.

Remember the Dark Aura wasnt a real aura, just an aura of immenant violence.

Besides its an Elyane PoV, it could be just her opinion of him.

Archived