DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Clash of the Titans 2

Krakalakachkn

Sex appeal incarnate Sam Worthington adamantly told Coming Soon on Friday that the upcoming "Clash of the Titans" sequel plans to fully shoot in 3D rather than undergo the conversion treatment.

"[it] will be 3D this time. Shot in 3D. Do put that in and make them f--king aware... In regards to the conversion, I'm a Jim Cameron boy, so people know my opinions" said the Aussie actor who has already read the script and sent back suggestions.

What do they entail? Namely to give his character more depth and fun - "I said, 'I kinda dig where it's going, but can we make the character more of this? Can we make it more of that? Can I get to play a lot more and get involved and have a lot more f--king fun than just being a young man who has to stand there and look pretty?' I'm sick of doing that, so it's kind of a case of, 'How do we make Perseus a lot more fun?' So we're sort of shaping it down that track and Warner Bros. has been nice enough to give us a bit on input."

• 8 months later...

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures issued a start of production notice late yesterday for their upcoming sequel to "Clash of the Titans" which Jonathan Liebesman will direct.

Though "Wrath of the Titans" has been bandied about as a title, the release is only calling this a sequel to 'Clash'. Confirmed returning cast members include Sam Worthington as Perseus, Ralph Fiennes as Hades, Liam Neeson as Zeus, Danny Huston as Poseidon.

Confirmed newcomers for this outing are Bill Nighy as fallen god Hephaestus, Toby Kebbell as Poseidon’s demigod son Argenor, Edgar Ramírez as Ares, and Rosamund Pike who will replace Alexandra Davalos as Andromeda.

They've even included a synopsis which reveals quite a bit of the story - instead of opting for some of the other famous tales of Greek mythology, they're incorporating a variation of the one already seen in the "God of War" video game series and the upcoming Tarsem-directed feature "Immortals" opening a few months before this. Judge for yourself:

"A decade after his heroic defeat of the monstrous Kraken, Perseus—the demigod son of Zeus—is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and the sole parent to his 10-year old son, Helius.

Meanwhile, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Dangerously weakened by humanity’s lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans and their ferocious leader, Kronos, father of the long-ruling brothers Zeus, Hades and Poseidon.

The triumvirate had overthrown their powerful father long ago, leaving him to rot in the gloomy abyss of Tartarus, a dungeon that lies deep within the cavernous underworld.

Perseus cannot ignore his true calling when Hades, along with Zeus’ godly son, Ares (Edgar Ramírez), switch loyalty and make a deal with Kronos to capture Zeus. The Titans’ strength grows stronger as Zeus’ remaining godly powers are siphoned, and hell is unleashed on earth.

Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda (Rosamund Pike), Poseidon’s demigod son, Argenor (Toby Kebbell), and fallen god Hephaestus (Bill Nighy), Perseus bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind."

Shooting on the film will take place outside London, in the Surrey region of South England and on Tenerife in the Canary Islands. A March 2012 release is planned.

I'm surprised with the direction they went with the script. It actually could be a decent movie this time around. We shall see.

Archived