DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

a thought i have had

ok. here is a thought i have had since reading the books. i am not sure what book it is in but does any one else remember the viewing min had with elayne and a had made out of hearthstone? now that rand is missing a hand do you think that she will make one for him some how?

just a thought i could be wrong

This, from TEoTW? "A sword that isn't a sword, a golden crown of laurel leaves, a beggar's staff, you pouring water on sand, a bloody hand and white-hot iron, three women standing over a funeral bier with you on it, black rock wet with blood, lightning around you, some striking at you, some coming out of you. You and I will meet again."

I have no opinion because I don't know exactly what you're referring to, but I think this is the quote you mentioned. Found it here: http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/ Wonderful site for all your WoT needs! :)

I don't remember which book, but I believe the viewing you are referring to is when Min saw around Elayne, "a severed hand, not her own."

I have thought that Elayne might come up with a prosthetic ter'angreal hand for Rand.

But right before that could happen we need to see Moridin say, "Rand . . . I am your father."

"She says that a great deal," Elayne said dryly. "One of the things she said she saw looking at me was a severed hand. Not mine, she says. She claims she does not know what it means, either."

Also before that Min sees the Rose Crown of Andor, and that Elayne would share her husband with two other women. No cup, no heartstone.

I've always wondered about the Severed hand.

First we had Perrin chopping off the hand of an Aiel man, and I couldn't make a connection.

Then we have Rand, and still no connection.

There just isn't enough for us to really speculate.

The best theory so far is that she will create one, and fix Rand in the dream world.

We've seen Rand come out with a Thorn from there, so it's possible to pull something out with you.

However, I'm not sure I like the idea of Rand being fixed.

It's possible that someone will attack her, and she'll struggle to channel or something, then be able to do it and chop a hand off right before getting killed.

Which would have to be some sort of record for hand chopping in a Fantasy series.

Archived