DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Eat your heart out, Kathana...

U4ea

I will slap those boards right out of your hands.

My school was in the AJC three times last year. We were also featured on some BBC radio show and Atlanta Jewish Life magazine. You can get links to most of them in our Wikipedia article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amana_Academy

*laughs* well, congrats, Chilli, but here in the states, they're too freakin' expensive to get without a heck of a grant!

Our Promethean boards are projected, yes. It really hurts your eyes and/or gives you that "star" mentality when you're standing in the spotlight the thing creates! LOL However, it's linked to the computer and the board can completely control the computer with just the pen. The pen is a special one (that, no, doesn't write on the board directly), but it is calibrated to act like a mouse. I also have a slate, which is a slate-like board (go figure!) that is programmed to interact with the Promethean board. So, I don't even have to stand up there at the board, I can walk around my class thumping disruptive kids on the head and still manipulate the board and computer.

*grins* I wasn't talking about being on TV, Kath, babe, I was talking about the boards. They're installing them in all K-2 classes this year, so we won't have a classroom in the building that won't have the whole setup. Whoo-hoo! *dances around*

Archived