DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you could have Brandon Sanderson rewrite any book in the series.

Mr Ares, too much fluff, cut out boring parts like travelling, politics etc, and keep only the battles. That way, we can cut it down to a single book.

Or, we can just tell people to go read Dune and the Belgariad and cut the series down to a single sentence.  ;D

Mr Ares, too much fluff, cut out boring parts like travelling, politics etc, and keep only the battles. That way, we can cut it down to a single book.

Or, we can just tell people to go read Dune and the Belgariad and cut the series down to a single sentence.  ;D

Ha ha.  The Mallorean for sure could be cut down to a single sentence.

I wouldn't have Sanderson rewrite any of the books before Book 7.  Books 1-6 are well done, with little fluff.  Book 7 takes awhile to get started, but I felt the last 2/3 of the book was pretty strong.

I wouldn't have Sanderson rewrite any of the books before Book 7.  Books 1-6 are well done, with little fluff.  Book 7 takes awhile to get started, but I felt the last 2/3 of the book was pretty strong.

My main problem with book 7 was the end.  The beginning and middle were slow and pedantic, to be sure, but the end bugged me.  It was a few random Asha'men taking a shot at Rand for no particular reason and that was the big final scene.  Sure, you found out later that Dashiva was a Forsaken, but knowing that doesn't make it much better.  I remember reading it the first time and thinking "WTF?  That's it?  I waited a year and a half for this?"

I wouldn't have Sanderson rewrite any of the books before Book 7.  Books 1-6 are well done, with little fluff.  Book 7 takes awhile to get started, but I felt the last 2/3 of the book was pretty strong.

My main problem with book 7 was the end.  The beginning and middle were slow and pedantic, to be sure, but the end bugged me.  It was a few random Asha'men taking a shot at Rand for no particular reason and that was the big final scene.  Sure, you found out later that Dashiva was a Forsaken, but knowing that doesn't make it much better.  I remember reading it the first time and thinking "WTF?  That's it?  I waited a year and a half for this?"

that happened in Path of Daggers (book 8)

that happened in Path of Daggers (book 8 )

OK, you're right.  The end of book 7 was where Rand went to fight one of the Forsaken with his Ashamen and then it turned out that one of the Ashamen he brought with him was one of the Forsaken, too, but that had nothing to do with anything and then the Forsaken he was fighting after a four book buildup got killed offscreen by something else.

Crossroads of Twilight. *Snore*

That's about it.

Someone said earlier Book 2, to which I could just scream "Seriously"--- you cannot get better WOT than Books 1-5, period. TGS came as close to early WOT books as it could have, so applause to Brandon for that. =)

Oh, and Moiraine is coming back. Just so you know. I don't care who reads this, SPOILER all over it. I am loud and proud, and about dang TIME she comes back, dang it.

I think a whole sentence is an unnecessary extravaga

But I would bet that very few will remember or know of RJ in 2050. Certainly not in the way we all remember the likes of Tolkien, CS Lewis, or Ursula Le Guin.

I'd take that bet, but I'll likely be dead by then (at least I hope so; as many aches & pains as I have now, I can't imagine what another 40 years of abuse will do to the old body).  I guarantee you that the name Robert Jordan will be held in nearly as much awe & esteem (if not AS much) as the name J. R. R. Tolkien.  No fantasy author since Tolkien has even come close to achieving what Jordan has done, and Tolkien is arguably the father of High Fantasy.

@ Mr. Ares,

I don't think I've ever seen this many people agree with you; usually it's just me.   8)

I'd take that bet, but I'll likely be dead by then (at least I hope so; as many aches & pains as I have now, I can't imagine what another 40 years of abuse will do to the old body). 

That is what happens when you do not keep an Aes Sedai around for Healing ;D

Archived