DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

last letter = first letter (word game)

Raena

Kerygma

(well if you put it THAT way, I suppose I can oblige. :D)

Oh, yes, that's very true, although Eragon was an extreme case.  They BUTCHERED it.  I watched it once and wanted to kill myself about a quarter of the way into it (though to be honest they didn't have much to work with ANYWAY; I used to like the books but they're really not that great).  Twilight (movie) wasn't so good, but New Moon actually portrayed the books quite well.  Unlike SOME movies *coughHarryPotter3-5cough*

Caesaropapism

Meh, I wouldn't say Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr are really that good at all.  After reading WoT, my eyes were opened to how non-awesome the Inheritance cycle is. :P I finally agree with the friend of mine who has disliked the books from the very beginning.

I have read all the HP books from 1-5 a minimum of 10 times each (not in the past year or two though), I've read 6 ONCE and 7 TWICE.  Because I kind of stopped liking them as I got older and realized how much of a jerk Harry is.  I do know about religious stuff, though; my mom was really hesitant to let us read the books because of that, and in recent years, when reading the books to my brother, my mom realized she didn't like 'em too much after all.  Plus, I had a friend who wasn't allowed to read them for a while because they were uber-religious.

Sorry, I talk too much. ;D

Milk

What's with the crazy long word? lol. not in the mood to look any up...

I would have to say that I like pretty much all the books I read....some more than others....

But, I have only not liked/hated like maybe two or three books ever....

That is just me though.....I'm wierd.... :P

lol....

talk away! I like talking...  ;D

Kazachoc

I'm using this site: http://phrontistery.info/k.html

No, you're not weird; I used to be like that too, where I'd see more of the good qualities in a book than anything else and so anything I read ended up being something I didn't regret reading.  I still don't regret reading anything I've read, but I have changed over the years and not everything appeals to me anymore. :D

It could also be that you're just really good at somehow only reading books that you're likely to enjoy. ;)

I guess one way I determine how much I like a book is by how willing I'd be to reread it.  Some books, I just know I'm going to have that urge to reread.  With others, like the Harry Potter books or the Inheritance cycle, just thinking of rereading them makes me go, "Meh."  I wouldn't DISlike them, but I wouldn't enjoy them by any means either.  If I can't see myself rereading a book at all in the foreseeable future, it wasn't THAT great to me.

Oh, good, glad to know I'm not irritating you with my blab. :D

Cachalot

interesting site....lol

I think I just like to read anything and everything..and will try and keep an open mind about it....

I like all kinds of books too....

except of course, textbooks!  :D

Tho, I do take a long time to see if I will read a book...I read the summary then...look at the first page before deciding....

I had never re-read any books (except Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry, which is awesome...i first read it in the 5th grade) until TWoT.....

Nephoscope

I have chamomile/mint tea...  And I THINK my mom has stuff for mint tea...she definitely has raspberry leaf tea stuff....

I could try taking an ibuprofen or 3 first.  I'm just too lethargic right now.

Oh, well in THAT case, no way!  I can't be so vulnerable when I don't have my Warder to watch my back. :P