DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Book of the month (everyone read kplzthx ;)) EDITED

Maria

Hey guys!

I am completely editing this post now because I seemed to have a minor brain relapse and sort of messed it up. So here we go again :P

We're bringing back Book of the Month, yay! But instead of doing it like we used to we're going to have four genres (fiction, non-fiction, fantasy and a classic), and while we're going to discuss all four books, you don't have to read all four of them, in fact you don't have to read any of them. We do of course encourage everyone to read at least one.

So, I'm going to need suggestions, and when you nominate a book it would be great if you mentioned the name, author, and maybe also put in a link to that book's page on Amazon. Thank you. Let the nominations begin!

Yes, absoulutely.

For non-fiction I nominate "Collapse: How Societies Choose or Fail to Succeed." If anyone is interested in the environment, I highly recomend it. If you loved "Guns, Germs and Steel", you'll love this one.

Guest Karana Majin

For non-fiction, I nominate Nickel and Dimed, or How Not to Get By by Barbara Ehrenreich! Loooooved that book.

For Fantasy I nominate Gibbons Decline and Fall by Sheri S. Tepper. Fan-freaking-tastic! Spiffariffic, even.

ur, is SiFi part of fantasy? if so, i'd like to nominate 'the demolished man' by Alfred Bester. here's a link to amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679767819/ref=pd_sl_aw_alx-jeb-9-1_book_4523579_2/102-3644346-3157766?n=283155

i'll be taking a sifi lit class this quarter and this was one of the required books. it's the only book that's been assigned for school that i loved! i read it in two nights, i just couldn't put it down!

For non-fiction I recommend David McCullough's "1776" - a discussion of the entire year's worth of the American War of Independence. If you like learning about George Washington, this is a great book. I'd recommend the book that I'm reading about Admiral Horatio Nelson, but it's like 1000 pages long.

For classics, I recommend either Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" (or does it count as fiction), or J. D. Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye".

For fiction, I recommend Sloan Wilson's "The Ice Brothers" about the U. S. Coast Guard's Greenland Patrol during the Second World War.

Archived