DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Would a gholam burn from an item of Shadar Logoth?

Awakened

Could Padin Fain kill the Gholam with his dagger? Shadar Logoth, while it existed seemed pretty effective when it came to killing Shadow Spawn. If some remnant items of Shadar Logoth can be found, could it be used to destroy the Gholam?

No, The dagger and other items from the city, are tainted by the evil of the greed that corrupted the city.  They are not Ter'angreal.  I believe that Gholam are created by the same process that creates Ter'angreal and that why they are immune to the one power, like Ter'angreal.  The process just makes them unable to touch Ter'angreal themselves.

? Are you saying that the Dagger and other Shadar items are items of the One Power? There are many places in the story where evidence of the power of .. oh forgot the dude's name all of a sudden (the one who Rand, Mat and Perring hands out with by the treasure horde in TGH).. anyway. This character is very very powerful and I think it plausible that items from Shadar Logoth could harm the Gholam..

Well, technaclly, anything can harm a Gholam.  Only the one power can't.  I can smack a gholam with a frying pan and cause harm.  I beleive this thread is asking if they can be harmed the way are are with Ter'angreal.  And the answr is no.  The tiems from Shadar logoth are not ter'angreal.  They can however hurt a gholam and cause normal damage. 

Could Padin Fain kill the Gholam with his dagger? Shadar Logoth, while it existed seemed pretty effective when it came to killing Shadow Spawn. If some remnant items of Shadar Logoth can be found, could it be used to destroy the Gholam?

No, The dagger and other items from the city, are tainted by the evil of the greed that corrupted the city.  They are not Ter'angreal.  I believe that Gholam are created by the same process that creates Ter'angreal and that why they are immune to the one power, like Ter'angreal.  The process just makes them unable to touch Ter'angreal themselves.

? Are you saying that the Dagger and other Shadar items are items of the One Power? There are many places in the story where evidence of the power of .. oh forgot the dude's name all of a sudden (the one who Rand, Mat and Perring hands out with by the treasure horde in TGH).. anyway. This character is very very powerful and I think it plausible that items from Shadar Logoth could harm the Gholam..

Well, technaclly, anything can harm a Gholam.  Only the one power can't.  I can smack a gholam with a frying pan and cause harm.  I beleive this thread is asking if they can be harmed the way are are with Ter'angreal.   And the answr is no.  The tiems from Shadar logoth are not ter'angreal.  They can however hurt a gholam and cause normal damage. 

So the poster I replied to was answering the original poster in a faulty fashion then. Oh well. I'd say "Do not, under any circumstances, touch the gholam with Shadar Logoth gear." because if it doesn't die from the stab wound it will become tainted and then... like the Flu in Stephen King's masterpiece The Stand it will kill 98% of everything. ;)

I would say that the Cleansing definitly supports the idea that something from SL would damage, possibly destroy a Gholam. However, who, other than Fain, would be stupid enough to carry around something from that place? (Ok, stupid question, since Fain owns the one single piece from SL that still exists).

I would say that the Cleansing definitly supports the idea that something from SL would damage, possibly destroy a Gholam. However, who, other than Fain, would be stupid enough to carry around something from that place? (Ok, stupid question, since Fain owns the one single piece from SL that still exists).

The only way, I beleive a Gholom could be killed by a tainted iteam is if the taint of the city somehow hurt it.  Bt I doubt it could.  The Gholoms are created using the True Power.  The taint of Shodar Logath might not have any effect at all.  And again I stress the point that the books point out the fact that only a Ter'angreal can fully hurt a Gholam.  Damage from any other source heals almost immediately.  Now again, the taint might be able to hurt it someone, but I highly doubt that it could harm a creature full of the dark one's power. 

However, who, other than Fain, would be stupid enough to carry around something from that place?

Yes, who, other than Fain, would be stupid enough to take an evil dagger from an empty city and carry it around for awhile.  I can't think of anyone else in the series who would ever have been mindlessly stupid enough to have done it.  Absolutely no one would.  :D

However, who, other than Fain, would be stupid enough to carry around something from that place?

Yes, who, other than Fain, would be stupid enough to take an evil dagger from an empty city and carry it around for awhile.  I can't think of anyone else in the series who would ever have been mindlessly stupid enough to have done it.  Absolutely no one would.   :D

Since "someone" blew up the entire city from which the above mentioned dagger of supreme eveilness originated it is a hypothetical issue unless some brainiac goes archeologic and excavates the area... ;)

I think nothing will harm it. Mat will shove his medallion up the Gholam's pooper when there are no options left and the Gholam threatens to ruin all things. Perhaps seeing the Gholam standing over Elayne or Tuon? Then he'll sacrifice his "shiled" to save someone = Medallion up the Gholam Pooper. :) So, no Shadar Logoth thing will kill it. ;)

Archived