DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Last Battle

ONeill

The Last Battle will be the final battle between good and evil. Why else would it be called the Last Battle????

The wheel has always redone the ages because the Dark One had never been fully trapped in his prison since the creation of time. Since the first time the bore was drilled, it has never been resealed correctly.

So the Last Battle will be the final battle between good and evil, and the wheel will spin new series of ages and not just the same ages over and over again.

note hopefully it makes sense.

Quote from every book in the series:

There are no beginnings nor endings in the turning of the Wheel of Time, but it was a beginning.

Time in WoT is cyclical in nature and remember that there are seven spokes. We are only reading about the time between the third and the fourth. This means that there are still four Ages yet to come in this cycle.

We put so much importance on this "Last Battle" because it is the one some of us have been reading about for 17 years. This may be the Last Battle for this turning of the Wheel but if life is to continue according to the Creator's design, the Wheel must keep turning. The only way that time would be remade into a linear form would be for the DO to win and "break the Wheel" as some of the Forsaken have said. What Rand and everyone else is fighting for is the chance to allow the wheel to continue on its appointed rounds. Somewhere, way far in the future/past there will be/was another Meirin and another Beidomon (sp?) who will/have torn a hole in the DO's prison and the cycle will start again.

At least that's my $.02.

Dice

I agree the others above....I think the term "Last Battle" is just a term. I feel that it refers to the final battle of each Age, the battle that causes such turmoil and change that a new Age is born. While I understand that the First Age ended when someone discovered to channel, that can be explained away as metaphorical battle to discover channeling, and that is what set the course towards the War of Power at the end of the Age of Legends.

The Last Battle doesn't necessarily need to be an actual PHYSICAL battle, but I'm sure that it probably usually IS a physical, humans being the flawed creatures that we are. :P

Archived