DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

PDF to TIFF converter for Docs

Red2111

does anyone knwo where i can find a decent low cost (perferably a free downloadable) convertor that converts PDF docs/files to TIFF docs/files in bulk?

i have an option in my Adobe that extracts the files to tiff, but it seperates each individual page.

apprecaite any help :)  and only need this for pdf docs

You should get an series of good answers over at StackOverflow.com (pdf to convert query), Superuser.com.

Ghostscript has a batch command you could use to convert pdf to tiff, which ImageMagick has as well I understand, both are free programs.

There's no batch command for "pdf to tiff", however you could convert them one at a time using IrfanView program.  InfranView does have other batch command options available, example for "pdf to png" if that's an option possibly for you. 

If you were going for a batch conversion of documents from Adobe .pdf 1.0-1.7 formats to MS Word 2002-2010 formats (.doc, .docx) instead, PDF to Word Converter 2.5.3 (free) would work too.  Yeah, not a TIFF format as your wanted

Or you could use Google's OCR via Google Docs or Gmail to be able to change the format.

*is confused*

If .pdf is a document file, why are you trying to convert it to a .tif image file? ???

it's for work.  soem of the stuff i uplod, we don't want downloadableor printable on our web site, Tiff alows us to accomplish this.

dida, thanks for all the useful info :)

by batch though i mean, if i have a 50 page file that i'm trying to convert to Tiff, the 50 pages will be saved in one file, not each individual page saved seperately. 

i'm able to do that through Adobe right now, but its a pain having to rename the file and re-insert the pages.  cuts down on the amount i'm able to upload.  and right now, majority of the jobs i have to do are on CD in pdf form but need to be uploaded as Tiff.  gets kinda time consuming when its 500 or so pages you're working with ;)

Archived