DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Unfullfilled Prophicies and dreams Speculation of next books.

ravenfier

First off Mods feel free to move this if its in the wrong place.

Heres a list of all the unfullfilled Prophicies and dreams that i have found.

Where do u think they will fit in in the last two books?

There had been a dream of him walking down into a great hole in a black mountain, a hole filled with a reddish glare as from vast fires below

Mat, placing his own left eye on a balance scale

Rand confronting her, and the women with her, and one of them was a Seanchan

Mat throwing dice with blood streaming down his face, the wide brim of his hat pulled down low so she could not see his wound while Thom Merrilin put his hand into a fire to draw out the small blue stone that now dangled on Moiraine's forehead

Twice, right atop one another, she dreamed of taking [Gawyn] by the shoulders and trying to turn him to face the other way against his will. Once he brushed her hands away roughly; the other time she was somehow stronger than he. The two blended together hazily.

In another, [Gawyn] began swinging a door closed on her, and she knew if that narrowing gap of light vanished, she was dead

...that she [Egwene] would bond him [Gawyn], she knew from interpreting her dreams

Logain, laughing, stepped across something on the ground and mounted a black stone; when she looked down, she thought it was Rand's body he had stepped over, laid out on a funeral bier with his hands crossed at his breast, but when she touched his face, it broke apart like a paper puppet.

A golden hawk stretched out its wing and touched her, and she and the hawk were tied together somehow; all she knew was that the hawk was female.

A man lay dying in a narrow bed, and it was important that he not die, yet outside a funeral pyre was being built, and voices raised songs of joy and sadness

She was struggling up a narrow, rocky path along the face of a towering cliff. Clouds surrounded her, hiding the ground below and the crest above, yet she knew that both were very far away. [...] Abruptly, the ledge dropped away from under her with the crack of crumbling stone, and she caught frantically at the cliff, fingers scrabbling to find a hold. [...] Suddenly a woman appeared, clambering down the sheer side of the cliff out of the clouds, making her way as deftly as if she were walking down stairs. There was a sword strapped to her back. Her face wavered, never settling clearly, but the sword seemed as solid as the stone. The woman reached Egwene's level and held out one hand. "We can reach the top together," she said in a familiar drawling accent.

an eye on a balance scale

three woman standing over a funeral bier with him on it

black rocks wet with blood

trees flowering all around him

A halo of gold and blue, signifying glory to come

either breaking Egwene's neck or kneeling to her

Twice he's going to have to be there, or you [Rand]...." "If he's not, something bad will happen to you." "Very bad." Rand: "Then I'll just have to keep him around." Min: "I don't know that that will be enough, it will happen if he is not there, but nothing I saw said it won't because he is. It will be very bad, Rand."a man in white who will make her fall head over heels

I saw you and another man. I couldn't make out either face, but I knew one was you. You touched, and seemed to merge into one another, and....one of you dies, and one doesn't."

It's Cadsuane. She is going to teach you something, you and the Asha'man. All the Asha'man, I mean. It's something you have to learn, but I don't know what it is, except that none of you will like learning it from her. You aren't going to like it at all."

Aviendha would have Rand's babies too. Four of them at once! Something was odd about that, though. The babies would be healthy, but still something odd

To give up half the light of the world to save the world

"To live, you must die."

The White Tower will be whole again, except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever. Rand al'Thor will face the Amyrlin Seat and know her anger. The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds."

he shall bind the nine moons to serve him

His blood on the rocks of Shayol Ghul, washing away the Shadow, sacrifice for man's salvation.

There be some spoilers (though not from the newest book!).

There had been a dream of him walking down into a great hole in a black mountain, a hole filled with a reddish glare as from vast fires below
Obviously Rand's attack on Shayol Ghul.

Perhaps signifying heartfelt VISION of what he thinks will happen - like envisioning an upcoming battle and having to weight that against reality once the swords start swinging.

This could be Rand's final confrontation of the White Tower and demanding that they all bow down to him - to include the newly included Daughter of the Nine Moons.

Mat throwing dice with blood streaming down his face, the wide brim of his hat pulled down low so she could not see his wound while Thom Merrilin put his hand into a fire to draw out the small blue stone that now dangled on Moiraine's forehead
Mat playing with chance as Thom and he rescues Moraine from the Tower of Ghenjei.

Twice, right atop one another, she dreamed of taking [Gawyn] by the shoulders and trying to turn him to face the other way against his will. Once he brushed her hands away roughly; the other time she was somehow stronger than he. The two blended together hazily.
Merely her attempts to "control" her beau.  The first time he shrugs her off, the second time she sways him to do as she wishes.  They blend together because the two people are intertwined by their love.

In another, [Gawyn] began swinging a door closed on her, and she knew if that narrowing gap of light vanished, she was dead

...that she [Egwene] would bond him [Gawyn], she knew from interpreting her dreams

If he spurns her love, her heart may die... or perhaps she is taken captive (AGAIN!!!) and he searches for her and ALMOST overlooks her hiding spot.  The bonding is pretty straight-forward.

Logain, laughing, stepped across something on the ground and mounted a black stone; when she looked down, she thought it was Rand's body he had stepped over, laid out on a funeral bier with his hands crossed at his breast, but when she touched his face, it broke apart like a paper puppet.
This supports my theory that Rand will set up a false death in the Final Battle in an attempt to defeat the DO by subterfuge.  Mr. Ego himself, Logain, unknowing of the plan, steps over the "dead" Rand as he attempts to wrest his place of honor and a major entry in the History Books.  Egwene sees through the ruse.

A golden hawk stretched out its wing and touched her, and she and the hawk were tied together somehow; all she knew was that the hawk was female.
Obviously Berelain.  She may end up lending some amazing aid to the White Tower in support of Egwene.

A man lay dying in a narrow bed, and it was important that he not die, yet outside a funeral pyre was being built, and voices raised songs of joy and sadness
I believe this is also Rand - who has finally given the Tinkers their lost song that he overheard at Rhuidean.  They're happy they have it - and sad that he is dying.  I also believe that this is in direct support of the plot to fool the DO into thinking that Rand died.

She was struggling up a narrow, rocky path along the face of a towering cliff. Clouds surrounded her, hiding the ground below and the crest above, yet she knew that both were very far away. [...] Abruptly, the ledge dropped away from under her with the crack of crumbling stone, and she caught frantically at the cliff, fingers scrabbling to find a hold. [...] Suddenly a woman appeared, clambering down the sheer side of the cliff out of the clouds, making her way as deftly as if she were walking down stairs. There was a sword strapped to her back. Her face wavered, never settling clearly, but the sword seemed as solid as the stone. The woman reached Egwene's level and held out one hand. "We can reach the top together," she said in a familiar drawling accent.
This one has me flummoxed.

Part of the scam to say he's dead (my personal theory).  It alludes to the Three Fates over the bier of King Arthur, but it holds the same here.  Arthur wasn't "dead" either... he was just going away until he was needed again.

Obviously Shayol Ghul.

The return to the Eye of the World after Rand teaches the Tinkers their long-lost song and Someshta is brought back to life.

Twice he's going to have to be there, or you [Rand]...." "If he's not, something bad will happen to you." "Very bad." Rand: "Then I'll just have to keep him around." Min: "I don't know that that will be enough, it will happen if he is not there, but nothing I saw said it won't because he is. It will be very bad, Rand."a man in white who will make her fall head over heels
No clue, whatesoever.

I saw you and another man. I couldn't make out either face, but I knew one was you. You touched, and seemed to merge into one another, and....one of you dies, and one doesn't."
This may be Lews and Rand, with Rand finally winning the battle... or it may be Moridin and his new link with Rand after crossing the beams in Ghostbuster... erm, crossing the beams of balefire.

It's Cadsuane. She is going to teach you something, you and the Asha'man. All the Asha'man, I mean. It's something you have to learn, but I don't know what it is, except that none of you will like learning it from her. You aren't going to like it at all."
I think this has to do with the water oath that Cadsuane took where she promised to teach Rand to laugh again.  The Ashies are WAY too serious - they need to remember that they have heart - and I think she may be able to do it.  They won't like it because it isn't "battle" oriented.

Aviendha would have Rand's babies too. Four of them at once! Something was odd about that, though. The babies would be healthy, but still something odd
Perhaps a reference to after the Final Battle, where Min, Elayne and Avienda would all have babies, and their friend (and great healer) would be there for the births.  I am thinking that all children would be boys - and all with scars on their left chest... perhaps even able to channel.

Maybe a reference to Mat's eye... but I think it is more probably a reference to having to quash something to save the world - as evidenced by Rand eliminating his ability to feel for anyone other than the Fuzzy Triumvirate...  and this begs the question, "What IS the 'Light of the World'?"

"To live, you must die."
This supports my idea that the DRAGON must be destroyed in the Final Battle - not necessarily Rand.  If the DRAGON is burnt out/dethroned/something, and Rand goes off to raise sheep, the prophecy is fulfilled.

The White Tower will be whole again, except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever. Rand al'Thor will face the Amyrlin Seat and know her anger. The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds."
Rand's known Eqwene's anger many times - and it will happen again.  The mention of the Black Tower may mean the literal "Black Tower" of the Ashies... OR it may mean the organization of the Black Ajah that is utterly destroyed.  It could also refer to the fact that the Ashies are bonding Sisters (and they walk the grounds), and the Ashies are weapons, so it is naturally "rent" in blood and fire, similar to saying that it is "rife" with fire and blood.

Mat's got this one in the bag... after his marriage.  Now he can't avoid being a "Lord"! (sorry, this makes me giggle like a schoolgirl!!)

His blood on the rocks of Shayol Ghul, washing away the Shadow, sacrifice for man's salvation.
Pretty obvious - except for the possibility that it may not necessarily be HIS liquid blood - but the blood of a relative.  OR, it may just be his blood but not his DEATH that is described.

First off Mods feel free to move this if its in the wrong place.

Just keep TGS spoilers out, and it is fine. This includes hinting at events in TGS.

Rands final confrontation with the DO.

Mat will lose an eye during the rescue of Moiraine.

Well, Rand and Egwene must meet eventually. The Seanchan woman is intriguing though.

More about the rescue of Moiraine. Interesting that both Egwene and Moiraine failed to identify the third man, Egwene has not even seen that a third person has to be involved.

Seems to symbolize Gawyns split loyalties. He loves Egwene, but has sided with Elaida. Add to that his fixation with the idea that Rand killed his mother, despite the love of his life telling him Rand could not have done such a thing,  and you have a quite messed up bloke.

Could mean a number of things. Rand faking his own death, Taim masquerading as Rand...

The golden hawk is a symbol of the Seanchan. More specifically, the imperial family of the Seanchan. An unholy alliance between Egwene and Tuon coming up? Or the mysterious Seanchan woman we ave seen in other dreams?

Seems likely the man is Rand. A great deal of people other than forsaken/darkfriends want him dead, so there would be both joy and sadness.

Again, an unholy alliance between Egwene and a Seanchan woman. The wavering face could mean that it is more than one woman.

an eye on a balance scale

Poor Mat again, part of him will really regret saving Moiraine, Though the eyepatch will look good on him.

Elayne, Avi and Min with a dead(ish) Rand.

Rand blood on the rocks of SG.

Perrin has been connected to the tinkers since TEOTW.

A halo of gold and blue, signifying glory to come

Logain seems fated to be the one removing Taim as leader of the Ashaman. Might be even more to it, for example Logain getting the cred for being the one winning the last battle, allowing Rand to sneak away to raise sheep in peace.

either breaking Egwene's neck or kneeling to her

More messed up Gawyn.

Twice he's going to have to be there, or you [Rand]...." "If he's not, something bad will happen to you." "Very bad." Rand: "Then I'll just have to keep him around." Min: "I don't know that that will be enough, it will happen if he is not there, but nothing I saw said it won't because he is. It will be very bad, Rand.

First time was Dumais Wells. Second time...Either Rand gets captured by the borderlanders, and Perrin once again comes to the rescue, or TG itself.

"a man in white who will make her fall head over heels

Galad and Berelain. Though note that there is nothing saying the feelings will be returned.

Rand and LTT.

Many connect this with cadsuanes determination to teach Rand to laugh again. I am not so sure, since the viewing mentions all the Ashaman, and not only Rand.

And the part about none of them liking it seems to indicate something a bit more serious than a chuckle.

Can mean a ot of things. My favourite is Avi giving birth in T'A'R, so Dead rand can be there. Though that is more wanting to see than really believing we will see.

Mat and his eye again.

"To live, you must die."

One of the big surprises.

Well, we have seen the start of the BA being purged, a work that should be a lot easier once Egwene manages to replace Elaida.

The Amyrlins anger...My best guess is that Rand and Egwene wil discuss whatever treaty Rand gets with the Seanchan, and Egwene will snap because rand did not do anything about the damane.

The Black Tower seems to be about to see quite a showdown between Logain and Taim. Once the dust settles, Logain and his group has quite a few bonded Aes Sedai, ready to walk the grounds.

One way or another. Having the empress husband as your best friend might make it a tad easier.

Could be yet another hint at Rands death, could be something completely different.

A golden hawk stretched out its wing and touched her, and she and the hawk were tied together somehow; all she knew was that the hawk was female

This I'm in two minds about, because of the golden hawk symbol is used for both the Seanchan and for Berlian. In one mind it could just be as simlpe that she gets Berlian as a sister in law-for when she marries Gwayn. On the other hand there is more to come with the Seanchan than she even realises.

... Her face wavered, never settling clearly, but the sword seemed as solid as the stone...

It seems more important that the sword is the major factor her and not the Seanchan woman.

Wont it be a kick to Tuon head when Rand pulls her husband back to him? Does Binding The husband Work aswell? For the most part he has let them do what they want so far, but he'll have to have both mat and perrin back at his side sooner rather than later.

Edit: What did I just say about TGS spoilers? /Maj

"Suddenly a woman appeared, clambering down the sheer side of the cliff out of the clouds, making her way as deftly as if she were walking down stairs. There was a sword strapped to her back. Her face wavered, never settling clearly, but the sword seemed as solid as the stone. The woman reached Egwene's level and held out one hand. "We can reach the top together," she said in a familiar drawling accent."

I believe that the Seanchan woman with the sword is Egeanin, now known as Leilwin.  Tuon would not have anything to so with a sword whereas we often see Egeanin wearing one.  Her face wavering is because she is neither Leilwin nor Egeanin right now, due to her conflicted loyalties and treason.

"he shall bind the nine moons to serve him"

Binding the Nine Moons means slapping a collar on Tuon.  She has almost certainly worn the bracelet long enough to be held with it.  It will probably be removed at Mat's request but only with a great deal of concessions from the Seanchan.  Freeing the Damane, etc.

quote/

I think this one is about Aginan (sp) or Tuon.

Archived