DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Goodkind's Sword of Truth series optioned

Zaren

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Egwene

Quote:i predict that the change of medium will not affect the quality of the product.

:lol: Dude, that was clever..lol

I loved the LotR films... but they are the exception to the rule. Films are rarely as good as the books they are based upon. I don't see that change with SoT any more than WoT.

heh, thanks egwene. yeah, and even the lord of the rings movies, sweet as they were, were missing a bunch of stuff for time constraints, stuff that should probably been included.

and as i've stated many times, the idea of wheel of time movies horrifies me.

Guest Egwene

I think it works better for any movie if they don't try and cram in everything, but instead concentrate on getting some of it just right. There is always a basic story that has to be told. How many of the additional layers you add depends on length of film etc. Too much and it feels like someone is holding a tick list.

I think your point about the director being a fan, Hannibal, is a god one. It showed in LotR. The thought of someone totally new to a fantasy series trying to do it justice... an almost impossible task.

People always complain that I am too "nasty or whatever" but I find you just as irratating as everyone seems to find me.

I dont have an opinion about you for good nor ill. The problem here is I am just as vehement in my hatred of this story as you are for your love of it.

I also believe that there are better series out there that could have been optioned rather than this one. I for one would love to see a SoIaF weekly series or perhaps Robin Hobbs Liveship series than this one. Hell even a Dragonlance Chronicles show would be better imo.

Watch Battlefield: Earth' date=' preferrably blindfolded.[/quote']

I saw that with my friend and he fell asleep quickly. Never read the book though. Can't see myself reading L-Ron.

I once heard someone make a comment that I very much agreed with. To paraphrase: If fate called for a science fiction author to create a religion that would become popular, why couldn't it have been Robert Heinlein instead?

I have read Battlefield Earth. It was atrocious. I also read his ten-book Mission: Earth series, in its totality (for a school project on very long series). I needed rehab afterwards. Absolutely sickening stuff that makes you feel ill after reading it.

You know what, I had posted something here about TG being a great artist and RJ being the most talented Fantasy writer I have ever had the pleasure of reading (those of you who were quick enough, bravo)

, but the two of you bickering back and forth seem alittle too...what's the word. rehearsed to me.

If you two can't find anything better to do thaen to just incite arguments on a freindly fan based forum, then please do us all a favor and just stop.

oh come one. a little banter is all. take it easy man. hannibal and i have an understanding, i think. don't we, hannibal? we agree to disagree, don't we?

and rehearsed? all my gibes were totally off the cuff. 8)

Archived