DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Honeymoon Locations

Guest dragonsworn1991

Guest dragonsworn1991

Yep Valentine's Day, I know it is cliche.  :-\

I am into doing crazy things that I can look back and say that was awesome. As far as location it really doesn't matter as long as I can cut loose.  :)

Gatlinburg, TN is great and with the weather, you should be ale to do some skiing this week! :D (Make sure you tell 'em it's your honeymoon and they'll prolly bump you up to a nicer room, too. Especially if you're going during the week when they have extra space!).

I'm also a big fan of St. Augustine, FL (lotsa ghosts) and my personal favorite vacation spot is right here in Savannah, GA. That's why I moved here. *laughs*

oh yeah and CONGRATULATIONS, Sworny! :D *throws rice so he can get used to it*

Oooh, St. Augustine is cool. I was only there once, on a field trip last year with a bunch of 4th graders (including my own).  My son liked it so much there he stated that he wished that we lived there.  I only wish we'd been there longer; it was a very rushed trip and I really want to go back and take my time seeing the sights.

*sighs wistfully* Hubby and I never went on a honeymoon.  I was in college when we got married and we were broke. ;D Now we have kids and dogs and horses and leaving town for a few days is not all that feasible.  ::)

Guest dragonsworn1991

Gatlinburg, TN is great and with the weather, you should be ale to do some skiing this week! :D (Make sure you tell 'em it's your honeymoon and they'll prolly bump you up to a nicer room, too. Especially if you're going during the week when they have extra space!).

I'm also a big fan of St. Augustine, FL (lotsa ghosts) and my personal favorite vacation spot is right here in Savannah, GA. That's why I moved here. *laughs*

oh yeah and CONGRATULATIONS, Sworny! :D *throws rice so he can get used to it*

I may do the Gatlinburg thing. My fiance just got me this really nice North Face jacket so I may break it in. Also I am a big child at heart and I love Dollywood, so I will be going there. I want to stay at the inn at christmas place though, if I stay at Pigeon Forge, and I have no preference when it comes to Gatlinburg.

http://christmasplace.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/the-inn-with-blue-led-lights-at-night.jpg

And Lor, how are you enjoying the snow?

lol, I enjoyed watching it snow, actually. It's freakin' cold outside and the snow is already melting (yes, even at midnight), but it was pretty to watch it fall. Besides, it's a novel thing to see snow here, since we haven't had any accumulation here in 20 years or so. It was enough to put a dusting on my truck and layer some white stuff in the grass and that's about it. Didn't even completely cover the grass. *laughs* I'll post more in the rant or joy thread (I'm not sure which one this classifies as...), so I don't take over your happy thread. *grins*

And I loved Gatlinburg. Make sure you go into Gatlinburg while you're there. I love all the shops and the lodge up at Ober Gatlinburg has a lovely restaurant! :) There's a little Italian place near the split at the River that's great, too, and I highly recommend the Ripley's Aquarium! They have a petting zoo in the aquarium... how awesome is that?

*huggles Pete*

Congratulations, and I hope you have tons of fun on your honeymoon!  I'd have liked to give suggestions when I first saw this thread, but I don't really know of any good honeymoon locations.  Traveling is something I've not done much of and Iowa doesn't have much to brag about. :D

*pokes Pete with a knitting needle*

Psst--take pictures of pretty sights? ;D

Iowa has you  :-*

If I am ever up there again, I will totally let you know.

*blushes* Awwwwww, thanks.... *grins*

You should, that would totally break the monotony of living where I do. :D  I'm almost out of practice having fun! :o :P

congrats!

I know it might sound like a cliche, but Disneyland is an AWESOME honeymoon location, especially if you splurge and stay in a disney hotel. We stayed at the Paradise Pier, right next to Downtown Disney. It was awesome! Expensive, but well worth it.

Disneyland, or Disney World?  My mom's been to Disneyland, but not Disney World...  But I've heard both are great. :D

Nah, not your fault, you were in Burlington before you knew where I lived, I think. :D

And if you go through Burlington ever again, FUN CITY! :D Fun City is pretty fun, even though it has crappy hotels. :P  The water park is fun, laser tag is fun, the games are fun, and go-karting is fun!

The water park is the best, though, I think. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Tammy and I Honeymooned at DisneyWorld in Orlando.  It was freaking sweet.  I always stress to people that if they honeymoon there.....wear the goofy hats.  There is a top hat with ears for the guy and a white pair of ears with a veil for the gal.  When people see you with the hats, you get extra perks.  Nothing like backstage tours or anything, but maybe free desserts, or discounts, etc. 

Archived