DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Am I Watching Currently?

Emperor

Oho, I've been watching a lot of tv lately. Way too much, in my opinion.

I've been catching up on the current seasons of South Park, Weeds, Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead, Jersey Shore, The Event, Modern Family, Glee, 30 Rock, and Dexter.

I'm rewatching Firefly cause it's Epic!

p.s. The boards didn't recognize rewatching as a word and the first suggestion was rewetting (which I'm pretty sure is not a word (and if there were a grading system for a words reality, then I'm confident that rewatching would receive a higher score than rewetting).

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About to finish Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica (watching the last episode of the season as I write this). I'm actually really digging this show (probably because it wasn't SyFy). It's super entertaining and pretty well made. However, it has to have the absolute worst intro I've ever seen on a TV show. I mean, "They look like humans, and some actually think they are human"? It's terrible. Anyways, apart from that I got no beef.

3rd season was good, but the 4th season is kick ass.  John Lithgow does an awesome job and the season 4 finale is a literal jaw dropper curve ball that will have you saying "WTF!?!?!?"

i can't wait for the fall so Dex will start up again :)

John Lithgow does an awesome time. I totally agree. He made me absolutely hate him. What great acting.

I just watched all of season five recently and it was pretty aweful. I actually really disliked it.

Bummer since the Fourth season was so good.

About to finish Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica (watching the last episode of the season as I write this). I'm actually really digging this show (probably because it wasn't SyFy). It's super entertaining and pretty well made. However, it has to have the absolute worst intro I've ever seen on a TV show. I mean, "They look like humans, and some actually think they are human"? It's terrible. Anyways, apart from that I got no beef.

I love BG. So good. Totally goes down hill in the mid of season two. The end of the whole series was a huge dissapointment. The characters get a little whinny in it too.

not a fan of FX series for some reason, so Archer never appieled to me. i'll stick with Family Guy & Robot Chicken for animated series lol

30 Rock ... meh. the humor is a bit too dry and totally not a fan of Tina Fey, i see her as more annoying than funny tbh. and Alec Baldwin ... i didn't even like him on Parenthood when he was there briefly.

i've thought abotu Modern Family tbh. i'll have to look it up on the net and catcha few episodes before devoting precious DVR space though *grins*

oh, yeah; almost forgot. i also have Family Guy & Robot Chicken on the DVR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qXvEzfsL5k

^^ i've been teaching my 1yr olf god son that *grins evilly* and he's learned it too, only he goes Gah instead of Bawk

Also check out Children's Hospital on Adult Swim... that has been funny the times I remember to check it out.

FX shows are hit or miss. Justified is a homerun and like I said in the other thread, my favorite show on TV right now (on air in March).

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Dollhouse Season 2

While I would have liked the show to progress naturally as Whedon originally planned, I have to say that Whedon did an extraordinary job of completing the series in a short and brilliant manner. The story stayed compelling until the end, nothing felt too forced (well, nothing too serious), and the ending felt natural and complete. I really loved watching Echo evolve as a character, especially in the 2nd season.

I never foresaw Echo evolving into an actual person until it had already started happening, at least, not as far as it did. Also, not sure how I feel about Paul joining in as one of Echo's many brains. I guess it was one way to end it, although I would have been happier seeing Paul live until the end. I think that maybe Whedon just felt it would be too corny if someone major didn't die (besides Boyd and Topher that is - although both of those felt like natural deaths and I didn't 'mourn' them). I'm also really glad that Caroline never took back control over Echo. I really enjoyed Echo more, although that could be because we never really meet Caroline.

I wouldn't be at all adverse to Whedon giving Dollhouse the Firefly treatment (a la Serenity), but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Truly an extraordinary show in scope and plot and it once again affirms Whedon as a genius in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I remember watching the first ep of Farscape, watched up untill the point where he leaps through empty vacuum without a spacesuit from one ship to the other :laugh:

I've pretty much just been watching Endgame, The Borgias and House on syndication. Oh, and The Kennedys.

When none of those are on and I'm home, I just flip to History Television

Sunday: The Killing, Game of Thones, Borgais, Amazing Race

Monday: House, HIMYM, Nurse Jackie

Tuesday: Glee

Wednesday: Survivor, Modern Family, Justified

Thursday: Community, The Office, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, The Mentalist, Parks and Rec

Friday: Nothing right now... Chaos cause nothing is on

Saturday: Being Human, Doctor Who

I am also catching up on Breaking Bad Season 3.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Czechs In The M'Hael

Just started watching Breaking In. Quite fun, but I am still waiting for that Wow-factor.

Isnt this meant to be about TV shows?

Archived