DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Church

ed2funy

Yams are awesome, especially the Candied Yams we make for holidays (we're southern). We slice the yams, lay a layer in the pan, then a layer of sugar, yams, layer of cinnamon, yams, sugar, cinn, etc, until the pan is full, add a little water so it don't dry out, and then cook it! It's pretty amazingly awesome. Even people who don't like yams have loved our candied yams before. :)

I had Subway after AP testing. *is an official moocher* Gotta call the grandma in a moment to see if she can give me a loan to fix my stupid car. Grrr. *doesn't want parents to have to take her everywhere for the whole last week of school* Then rehearsal... Gao.

<rant>I totally understand about car issues...I had to pay 700 dollars to replace a side mirror because some kid decided it would be fun to drive by and hit with a baseball bat...

Then about 2 weeks ago, I had to spend 900 dollars just to get my speedometer to start working again...</rant>

*deep breathe* ok..I think Im good now...mommentary laspe of control  :-\

The thing is, that price is much much cheaper than going to a dealership. I went to my friend's family, whos a very trustworthy mechanic. For me it pricey mostly because of parts for my vehicle.

I didnt end up paying 700 dollars for the side mirror (claimed insurance and got it fixed for 100) but the speedometer was due to an electrical problem. My buddy was able to take a used part and re-built the faulty part. Stock part replacement for that at the dealership was 3k X_X

*takes a sigh of relief* I feel SOOO bad asking her for money, even though I'm paying her back. She just told me to get an estimate and we'd go from there... :/ I've already replaced so much on my car. I already know my front alignment is rubbing away my right tire... not good. *frustrated & stressed*

I understand how you feel alanna, but remeber mostly family wants to be there and help each other, especially the next generation. If you feel bad about asking for money, it just shows that you're a good granddaughter and don't want to burden her. I'm sure she realizes that :)

*offers a cookie and a good hug*

I know school is important, but I am betting it's hard to deal with school when you have this stress going on... You may want to look at putting some money aside from every pay check towards a new car.. :\

She's my step great grandmother. :) But she absolutely loves me and is already bringing me to FL the week after graduation, hence the guilt. I figure I'll give her any graduation money I get, and then finish paying her back with possibly 50% of my paycheck this summer; I have nothing better to spend it on other than Taco Bell. lol.