DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

24 - Season 8

Majsju

I would be very surprised if the movie wasn't on the big screen.  And I don't see any way they do the movie without Jack in there, so he must survive.  If he bites it in the series finale...well, then there's no movie....

Unless he's resurrected, turns into a vampire...oh wait, we've seen that before ;)

Well, I just saw the tvguide interview where Kiefer confirmed the movie is happening, so Jack is guaranteed to survive. Unfortunatly, that means we are almost guaranteed to see either Chloe or Renee getting killed. Not that I care very much about Renee, but her death would just be cruel to poor Jack, third girl he loses ;D

Yeah, a very good finale to that part of the season.

So, the terrorists are all dead, the bomb is secured, and dana is in custody. Considering that Hassan did not survive, her immunity should not be valid any longer, so hopefully we get to see Jack have a little, uhm, "chat" with her to find out who she is really working for.

Very subtle way to bring in a Russian angle ;D

Next episode should be the one where Logan returns. Most likely to provide information about either the Wilson group or the Russians, as he has had shady dealings with both. The Logan we saw in season 6 was a man who showed quite a bit of remorse about his past actions, and this would be a way for him to get at least a bit of redemption.

Wow...

Unfortunatly, that means we are almost guaranteed to see either Chloe or Renee getting killed.

Check.

Next episode should be the one where Logan returns. Most likely to provide information about either the Wilson group or the Russians

Check.

;D

While we got confirmation on the Russians involvment, I still insist this does not rule out Wilson.

Either way, now it is personal for Jack, and that means someone is going to get hurt ;D

Cool promotion for Chloe, but I feel a bit sorry for Hastings. After a shaky start, he grew into one of the better directors of CTU. But, it kinda makes sense to have Chloe in command for the finish, should be CTU for once will be 100% behind Jack.

Very out of character for Taylor. Not only did the decision go against her belief in doing the right thing, it also meant stabbing Jack in the back. And Taylor is the president who have shown the most appreciation for Jack since David Palmer stepped down.

Of course, there was a better option on the table, but had she taken that the nex couple of hours of the show would not be very exciting...

Must say, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Jack smash Danas head in the table ;D

And did we get a hint that Logan will be assassinated? His comment about wanting the guard replaced seemed quite off, and the writers never do things like that without a reason. Hmm...

Dammit Taylor, listening to Charles Logan is usually a very bad idea.

And just because I am obsessed with Wilsons group, wonder where Logan found that private security firm...

Great play by Jack to outsmart Cole and Chloe like that. And yay for Cole going with Jack. And nicely hinted by the writers when they had Jack ask for two mp-5s, though I had to smack myself for not seeing that until afterwards.

I am not surprised that Jack did it, the question was rather if he would get Dana for himself long enough. So from the Jack wanting to sart a new life in the beginning of the day, we are now back to the Jack who execued Nina Myers in season 3. You do not mess with Jacks ladies ;D

Interesting to see how it plays out now, Jack (and hopefully Cole) going after the Russians, while Russian assassins, + every law enforcement unit in NYC are going after him.

My roommate and his brother were surprised by the killing, but I wasn't surprised either.  Dana had double-crossed them too many times.  Once Jack had his evidence, she was deeeeead.  Some people said that Jack went back on his promise earlier in the episode to let Dana go after she turned over the evidence.  However, she knocked out Cole and then took out the security guard.  After that, there was no way she was leaving that one-on-one with Jack.

I too, am curious to see how Jack and Cole dodge all of the law enforcement.  Russian snipers only add to the traffic ;)

Producer Howard Gordon tells The Hollywood Reporter that Jack Bauer will meet an unhappy ending at the end of the series on May 24th.

Gordon says the final scene "leaves him in a compromised place morally, ethically and emotionally. This show is a tragedy, and to give Jack a happy ending didn't feel authentic."

As for the movie, Gordon says only that the writers are "taking him to a place he's never been before."

Well, all hope for a happy ending for Jack died , the moment Renee got shot. That put him on a very dark path, not that different from what Tony went through after Michelles death. Of course, no matter how morally compromised Jack gets, he would never go as far as Tony did, releasing a bio-weapon on civilians etc.

We are starting to see him crack now, first executing Dana, and now losing control while torturing Tokarev, almost beating him to death.

And now he has Logans name...Will the movie be set in Europe because Jack had to leave the country after executing an ex-president? Not impossible.

Well, all hope for a happy ending for Jack died , the moment Renee got shot. That put him on a very dark path, not that different from what Tony went through after Michelles death. Of course, no matter how morally compromised Jack gets, he would never go as far as Tony did, releasing a bio-weapon on civilians etc.

We are starting to see him crack now, first executing Dana, and now losing control while torturing Tokarev, almost beating him to death.

And now he has Logans name...Will the movie be set in Europe because Jack had to leave the country after executing an ex-president? Not impossible.

Completely agree.  Renee's death pushed Jack over the edge.  The series finale will probably see Jack being forced into exile from the US.

Ok.  We all know that Renee's death pushed Jack over the edge, but I found parts of last night's episode implausible.  Even with built-in suspension of reality while watching a TV show, how does Jack sneak into the Russian embassy with a citywide manhunt for him? And how does he get away with shooting the minister and his assistants? Last night's episode went beyond the border of suspending reality into the realm of implausbility.  But all of those actions could be setting Jack up for a huge downfall in the finale next week.  Considering a movie is in the works, I wonder how they resolve Jack's fate without offing him.

But I'm curious to see that showdown between Hassan and Prez Taylor-that should be good.

Well, it was not the embassy, but a consulate, and Jack has succesfully assaulted both the Russian and the Chinese consulate in LA before.

But the scene where he gets Logan, so awesome.

Sorry, I meant consulate-thanks for the correction.  And yes, the Logan interrogation was a great scene!

So fun that it is the second time Jack puts a mic on Logan, only for Logan to spill all his beans later. Some people just never learn ;D

So, the big thing for the final should be Jack going after Suvarov, and Cole trying to stop him. But since it is 24 we are talking about, there will be some twist.

Now that is how you end a show. Even if a lot of things were quite predictable (especially Taylor changing her mind), it was done so well, and with some big shockers thrown in.

Only complaint I might have is that the finale was almost more about Taylor than Jack. Showing her hit rock bottom, and with a little help from Jack find her way back. But on the other hand, it would have been difficult to do it any other way.

Now that is how you end a show. Even if a lot of things were quite predictable (especially Taylor changing her mind), it was done so well, and with some big shockers thrown in.

Only complaint I might have is that the finale was almost more about Taylor than Jack. Showing her hit rock bottom, and with a little help from Jack find her way back. But on the other hand, it would have been difficult to do it any other way.

Yes, very good finale.  I felt the first hour was about Jack sliding downhill more and more until Chloe's intervention.  The second hour was about Jack's attempt (through his video) to intervene with Taylor.  I do agree that some of the focus was taken off Jack, but that episode was very well done.  Can't wait for the movie(s)! :)

Of course, Jacks video was for Kim, it was just chance that saw it ending up in Taylors hands. Had Jack killed Suvarov, there would not have been any need to try and turn Taylor around, as all hell would have broken loose.

Archived