DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Locke

Right, but it was like 7 pm, and I was tired.  That was weird.

I should actually not be online right now--I've gotten hardly any sleep at all the past few nights and I have to get up for church tomorrow, so...

*sighs*

Meh.

Today, I woke up in my little cubby hole and thought it was probably about 5 AM, but I checked my watch to see the exact time.  It read 10:30.  Combined with just waking up, I was really confused.  I have no idea why we didn't go to church today.  It could be because my dad and sister were off visiting my other sister in Mexico, so it would only be two of us.  (my brother goes to a different church)  We ended up going into the woods to cut down a Christmas tree...... it's not very appeasing to look at.....

I wish I could've slept through church...

Instead, I got up in just enough time to get ready, and my dad had left to go to work (he doesn't usually work on Sundays, but a few people got sick or stuck and so my dad had to go in) so we only had one vehicle.  So we all had to go to church together, which is hard because some people take longer than others to get ready.

Anyway, my sister is sick so she stayed home, one of my brothers refused to get dressed for church, my mom wasn't feeling too well, and my youngest brother was going to stay home because it was easier that way.  So only 4 of us were going to go.

Then, just before we were finally ready to leave, one of my brothers hit the youngest in the eye with the metal part of the dog leash and cut his eyelid.  So, since we only had one vehicle, we had to stay home and wait for my mom to decide whether or not to take him to the ER, etc....

We finally got to church with one hour left (church is from 9 to noon). ::)  I was supposed to be there the whole time because I had to teach the little kids today.

Why does your brother go to a different church?

When are you going to decorate your tree?  We haven't hung ornaments on ours yet, but it does have lights on it already.  It's pathetically small and our ornaments are NOT all going to fit.

Wow.  What a morning eh?

9-12 is pretty long.  Ours is only 9:30-11

I'm not exactly sure why, but I think it may have something to do with college....

Well, we just finished putting on lights and candy canes and it fell over.  So we took everything off and put it outside.  It's really a horrible tree.

It's split up into three 1-hour..blocks, I guess...But we don't do like sermons or anything like that; we have sacrament meeting the first hour and then the second hour is mostly the different Sunday School classes (depending on age group), and the third is another sort of Sunday School, although everyone is split up differently into specialized groups.

It's hard to explain without going into depth about it. :D

So he didn't convert to a different church or sect, then?  That's what I wondered. :)

Yikes, it sounds horrible.  Are you going to try and find a better one?

Unsurprising; I sat for like 10 minutes just trying to simplify it as much as I did.  I mean, it's not that complicated at all, but it's complicated to explain, and complicated to understand if it's put into words like that. :D

Convert...like, if he had been Catholic before and decided to be Presbyterian, or something like that.  Or converting from Baptist to Methodist, for another example.  That's what I meant.

Of course, I know you can still switch churches without switching faiths totally.  There are 2 or 3 Baptist churches in my town, and this girl I was friends with used to go to the Marion Avenue Baptist Church.  But she started struggling with depression, and everyone at Marion Avenue basically made it out to be that she was having an "issue" with God, and that her faith must be lacking.  She was actually suffering from a chemical imbalance.  So she switched to Faith Baptist Church, where they were more open to understand her depression as a chemical problem and not one of faith.

Anyway, that's what I meant when I said convert. >.>

Why not?

So you DO understand?

Ah..having never been non-denominational, I have no idea what that's like.  At all.  Ever.  Been raised in one church and that's it.

I guess that makes sense.  Maybe you could put a garland of popcorn on it or something really light so as to make it more festive, but not loaded down.

Somewhat. 

*shrugs*  It's basically like:  We're Christians.  We follow the Bible.

That's the most basic form of it.  Our church is called Point of Grace and our motto thingy is to know God, love each other, and serve our community.

It's outside and staying out now.

Archived