DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blade of Light, Three Become One. (Full Spoilers).

Luckers

The idea has come up before, by various people independently. Rand, LTT, Moridin, Fain, the DO, etc.

I don't think you could kill the DO. If you permanently destroy him (balefire, etc) then the pattern would be destroyed or if you temporarily kill him most likely even he would be rewoven. I think he is part of the pattern. Maybe this turning of the wheel the lace of ages is different than others but... who knows.

The DO seems to always use proxies and maybe that is why he wants Rand so much. He needs someone to break the Wheel. Rand almost did...

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes sense. Interestingly... Remember in Winter's Heart, Moridin said that if Rand died it would be ok as long as they got the Choden Kal. Perhaps he thought to do what Rand almost did in TGS? I love how insidious the eveil in this series is. It's not just a bunch of guys dressed in black who don't like people- it's a crazy dude who serves a dark god, and simply wants to break the wheel. But instead of trying to bludgeon the world to destruction, he aims to turn the hero's own hand against the world. Shaitan may be evil, but he does have a poetic soul it seems. Brilliant.

Sorry, wasn't thinking on that one. So used to those idiots who call themselves Aes Sedai ignoring Nynaeve because her nose isn't pointed straight at the sky. I still highly doubt that more than a handful of people actually have the skill to pull off that sort of healing. After all, we're not talking about healing a cut- as we've read before, even members of the yellow Ajah could not master the "new" healing weaves Nynaeve had shown them. I do see your point though- and stand corrected.

Anyone have thoughts on that other notion? Using Mordeth to kill Shaitan? Not gollumesque in that it all happens by accident. Rather, a brilliant gambit by Rand. Is it even possible to rip that essence from Fain? Or am I pushing credulity?

Although I think this is an elegant solution (throwing an ancient evil agains the most ancient evil, letting them cancel each other out), I just don't think there's enough "juice" in Fain/Mordeth to get the job done.  Not by a long shot.  But I must admit, I have no idea where the story is going to take Fain.

I don't see why what would be an issue.... After all, one swipe from that dagger is all it takes for the corruption to rip a person apart... Like a worm in the root. Mordeth's evil is different in that it does not rely on raw power the way Shaitan must- rather he bores slowly..taking one step at a time. It's like infecting something with a virus. At first glance, it's just a a one celled critter- how dangerous can it be? However, that one celled critter can kill thousands in weeks. That is how Fain is in my mind. I doubt you need more than just the man himself. Just one pebble from Shadar Logoth is exceedingly dangerous. Perhaps all we need is just one man to make it work.

After all, "just a little leaven leavens the whole lump."

Secondlym what do you mean Avhiendha and Elayne didn't contribute to the story? Some of the best parts of the middle books featured Aviendha. Modghedien would not have been a prisoner long enough to teach the wonder girls anything if not for Elayne figuring out the adam.  Avi showed us how the Bore is going to be undone- she and alivia will link with Rand through Callandor to unravel it. Elayne's support of Rand also puts a whole country at his back that he doesn't have to conquer. So... which series have you been reading?

I meant that I don't see the point of their harem. Elayne and Aviendha could have been just as strong for the plot while in love with someone else. After all, Nynaeve and Egwene are both central characters despite not being in love with Rand. Min was there for Rand during nearly all his major crises - Falme, kidnapping, Fain's attack, DF Ashaman attack, Far Madding, cleansing, trollocs, Semirhage's two attacks, Graendal, etc. She provides both emotional and sexual comfort and is even a guide and councellor. What did Elayne and Aviendha do for him and how much time they actually spent with him? They don't really know him - these relationships seem forced, not natural.

Just MO. I like the characters, just don't understand the love triangle.

As for the linking with Rand, I don't believe Aviendha and Elayne will do that while both are pregnant - and high risk pregnancies (multiples) at that. Seriously can you picture Rand letting them come with him to Shayol Ghul and risking their life fighting the DO with him while carrying his children?

Avi is not preggo yet....

Min does provide great support for him, both kinds....  ;)

They have the "love-at-first-sight" thing....

Wouldn't it be a love quadrangle or w/e? lol

Aviendha will be pregnant - we know that from Min's viewing.

Yep, love quadrangle, not triangle.

The thing is, that having three women as wives is very unusual, even in the WoT world (Aiel seem to stop at two). Since RJ introduced this as a central plot device, I was hoping to see some value coming of it to the story, but so far it is missing. Rand had a great first meeting with Elayne in EoTW and a hillarious fiery relationship with Aviendha later on in books 4/5. Both could have been developed further, but they just fizzled out and instead we were treated to a long boring relationship between Aviendha and Elayne. Perhaps the whole point is to ensure Rand has progeny quickly tying him to leaders of two major nations (Andor and Aiel), since he is unlikely to survive the LB? Because I suspect that the babies will be the only thing coming from these two relationships...

It's my pet theory that Elayne is Ilyena reborn. Their names are even alike! The only difference is the first letter in each name. Switch the positions of A, Y, and E, change the first letter, and there it is.

But that is just a pet theory; there's no evidence for it anywhere. It's an aside, anyway.

I wanted to point that that we do not know whether burning out can be Healed yet. It is physically different from stilling. That's proven when we're told that women who are burned out cannot sense the True Source -- women who are stilled can. At the very least, it might require a different weave.

We're told that women who are burned out cannot sense the Source in The Great Hunt, when Nynaeve is raised to the Accepted:

"This ter’angreal was found during the Trolloc Wars. We have the records of its examination in the archives. The first sister to enter was warded as strongly as she could be, since no one knew what it would do. She kept her memories, and she channeled the One Power when she was threatened. And she came out with her abilities burned to nothing, unable to channel, unable even to sense the True Source."

Admittedly this is Sheriam, one of the Black Ajah, but she would have no reason to lie here - and unnecessary lies would only expose her. It's possible, though, so it should be kept in mind.

Here's a little brain twister for you.. I'll start with quoting the part of the Prophesies that started this thread

He shall hold a blade of light in his hands and the three will become one

Here's my first proposal: What if the blade of light is not Callandor? I know it would make more sense to have it be Callandor, it having a known usable effect, such as channeling. And it fits in a way, with the next part, about three becoming one, thinking of Callandors flaw and all. But what if the Blad of Light is Justice?

Justice shone like a mirror in Arthur Hawkwing's gauntleted fist.

The Great Hunt, Chapter 47 - The Grave Is No Bar To My Call

By itself, this seems pretty thin, since Justice has no known effect except being a powerwraught blade. But then why has Justice recently come into Rands posession?

Sanderson keeps writing about Rands dissadvantage with only one hand, if he should face a skilled opponent with his sword, and coupled with Moridin's words:

"It is not time for us to fight," Moridin said, waving a hand at Rand. "I do not know what would happen to us if we killed one another. The Great Lord will have you soon enough. His victory is assured."

The Gathering Storm, Chapter 15 "A Place to Begin"

So here it comes: I personally think that there will be another sword vs quarterstaff fight between Rand and Moridin, and this will be the pinnacle of the "Last Battle".

I have loads of thoughts on what will happen with the link between the two, but I will have to get back to that in another post.. for now, I'll say that the link might have somethin to do with the following quote, and Rands message from the Finns "To live, you must die"

"Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.

Once for mourning, once for birth.

Red on black, the Dragon’s blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.

In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the Shadow."

Aaaaanyway, back to the original prophecy, I think the second half, "and the three will become one" might reffer to the three Ta'veren. I have no illusion that Justice is a ter'angreal that magnifies Ta'veren-ness or some such, but I think the words of a Myrddraal to Perrin in an earlier book went something like "Cut a leg of the tripod.."

And Moiraine has from the beginning of the series, focused a lot on the fact that there were 3 Ta'veren in the same village, aswell as whipping Rand to the Eye of the World saying 3 Ta'veren might do the difference. Also, I remmember someone telling Rand that his Ta'veren might be his edge at the Last Battle, it might have been Moiraine when she scolded Rand for using balefire in Rhuidean, the night of the Darkhound attack.

What if the 3 Ta'veren together form one huge Ta'veren, designed for a specific purpose?

I have one more clue to share with you on this matter, and its from the Gathering Storm, where Rand twice threatens to use his Ta'veren-ness to kill someone. At first, I thought it was just a new threat that he's gotten from his link to Moridin somehow, but he uses the same phrase twice, wors almost exact, and the whole idea of Rand can contorl his Ta'veren-ness conciously is brand new...

Here's the quotes for you:

"Cadsuane," he said softly, "do you believe that I could kill you? Right here, right now, without using a sword or the Power? Do you believe that if I simply willed it, the Pattern would bend around me and stop your heart? By . . . coincidence?" Being ta'veren didn't work that way. Light! It didn't, did it? He couldn't bend the very Pattern to his will, could he? And yet, meeting his eyes, she did believe. Against all logic, she looked into those eyes and knew that if she didn't leave, she would die.

The Gathering Storm, Chapter 23 "A Warp in the Air"

"Do you believe I can kill you?" The boy fell silent and - though Nynaeve wouldn't have thought it possible - his blue eyes opened wider. "Do you believe that if I simply said the word," Rand continued in his eerie, quiet voice, "your heart would stop beating? I am the Dragon Reborn. Do you believe that I can take your life, or your soul itself, if I so much as will it to happen?"

The Gathering Storm, Chapter 33 "A conversation with the Dragon".

Note: at both these incidents, the dark arura around Rand is noticed, first by Cadsuane, second by Nynaeve. It might be worth keeping that in mind.. not sure why yet :P

So, back to the original reason for the post: What if the resealing of the bore isn't about the One Power and the True Power, but about ta'veren power and simply bending the Pattern into fixing the hole, the rift?

I hope you can help me with another piece of memory here, because I honestly can't think of where I've read it, but I am quite sure I have read and heard in my repeated listenings to the audio books, that the Bore was reffered to as a rip in the pattern..

Anyway, just because I can:

Remmember that Rand has to bed Aviendha again before the Last Battle, or we will know that he will survive (she hasnt been knocked up yet, and she will have Rands babies).

Remmember that Leilwin Shipless (aka Egeanin) is a Darkfriend (she reffers to the Great Lord, in her room with Bayle Domon around the time where Mat visits them, and the Seanchan Sul'dam is trying to befriend Egeanin.)

Remmember that "Into the heart he thrusts his sword, into the heart to hold their hearts. Who draws it out shall follow after, what hand can grasp that fearfull blade? - why, Jahar Narishma can!

Remmember that dagger with the blunt blade, that Aviendha found amongst the ter'angreal, angreal and rubbish that was sorted through after the Gateway out of Ebou Dar? The one she later tells Elayne she thinks hides you from the shadow? Give that to Rand, and let the whole Darkside play Where's Waldo..

Oh and a last one about Aviendha. She'll be comming back in the next book, with a head full of Future visions, it'll be fun to see how many she remmembers, the way Moiraine did.

Why does Rand now have access to the True Power in emergencies? To kill Shaidar Haran. (Which he must do before killing Moridin)

Well, after thinking about it and re-reading some of the book, I no longer find it incredible that Tuon could be one of the 2 women that he linked with, using Callandor.  Rand muses something about 'subjecting himself to the will of a woman' if he linked with Callandor.  That could very well be the fulfillment of him 'kneeling to the Crystal Throne'.

I also begin to find it credible that the 'three become one' means 2 things.  Rand linked with two women (the woman leading channels both sides of the OP) while Rand channels the TP.  (from what I can tell, the only thing someone in a link does is bear the exhaustion of channeling...  they are free to do pretty much anything else they want to)

ps.  after thinking some more, the comments about Rand using the TP against the DO's will are argueable imo.  If you equate the DO to a god, then the Dragon Reborn is at least a demi-god.  There are numerous examples of demigods striving with gods in mythology, on relatively equal terms.

This is in response to Rubberninja's post, above.

"He shall hold a blade of light in his hands..."  I like the Justice idea if merely because the authors have made Callandor the obvious choice through various characters' PoV.  Additionally, the symmetry with the Seanchan comings and goings and the likelihood of another appearance by Hawkwing would dovetail nicely with Justice's re-intro to the physical world.  Besides, Rand was in need of a new sword so maybe we'll see not only your duel with Moridin but also an impact on the Seanchan.

"...and the three will become one."  Seems to relate with the first part and so most folks conclude Rand and two other channelers, but that's not necessarily an appropriate conclusion.  In fact, it doesn't even have to include Rand as one of the three.  Given the manner by which other parts of the prophecies have been fulfilled, I'm thinking another direction would prove fruitful for our search.  Rather than a conjoining, or merger, I think this phrase instead references attrition.  Three, then two, then one.  In which case the question becomes which one will remain - Min, Avi or Elayne?

Great recognition of DarkRand trying to force the pattern to his will through his ta'veren nature and thereby doing the Dark One's bidding.  Agreed with the Bore being a hole/tear in the pattern and the three lads' bonds proving crucial to resealing the DO.  Given Herid Fel and Min's conclusions re: clearing away the rubble/breaking the seals, it seems clear the One Power cannot effectively re-seal the prison and would actually prevent an effective re-sealing.  The DO must be imprisoned outside the pattern, meaning the pattern has to be complete again, not torn with a patch covering the rip.

Other responses, just because I've enjoyed your post and it looks like it would be fun/enlightening to dialogue with you -

- not necessary that Rand impregnates Avi in this turning of the Wheel, Min's viewing left enough uncertainty that it could easily take place in another Rand/Avi incarnation in another turning

- you made me scramble for WH to reread that Egeanin scene; I get the impression that she is not a DF but that the use of "Great Lord" in Seanchan is a shorthand for GLoD and not conclusively used only by DFs; throughout the rest of that PoV, Egeanin continually references the Light both when speaking to Domon and in her head ("Light's truth she hated sounding breathless); maybe a mistake by RJ, maybe she is a DF or maybe it's like I said, still in doubt

- Avi already went through the rings, now she has to go through the crystal spires and see the Aiel through her ancestors' eyes

- I think Rand has to finish Moridin before heading to SG to seal the Bore and that the TP will have no role in sealing off the DO or the elimination of SH

Ya but that's Mythology not real, just stories. I don't really picture a human being going blow for blow with a god, i really hope the series doesnt end with Rand just killing the dark one, that would suck.

ROFLMAO!!!  Oh my god, I'm sorry...  but that actually made me bust my gut for a minute there.  After all, this IS a discussion of a fiction series of books set in a fantasy land with magic, monsters and epic battles of good vs evil. Heh, my sense of humor is definetly stoked for the day now!

While I fully aknowledge that it may not be Rand using the sword, it IS implied.  (possible implication to protect the true wielder?)

In any case, I've tossed my thoughts for the day out.  ;D

Speaking for someone who likes part of the saidin/saidar/TP threesome,  I'd say the following:

1) We have implicit evidence from the books, and the quotes, that Rand could trap the TP without the DO's permission: BS's quote being the main one.

First, there is no doubt that Moridin and Rand are linked in the turning beyond their normal linkage (like Birgitte and Gaidal) due to the balefire crossing. Here are some examples: the crossing of the balefire, seeing visions of him, Moridin's orders not to harm Rand after crossing the streams (though he DID help him vs. Sammael), Moridin's POV in tGS regarding the Hand and Semi's actions, and Rand entering his dream.

Second, we know that Moridin can tap the TP.

While I agree that there hasn't been an explicit statement this is possible, I don't think it is a great logical leap, hence the questions to BS.

I do believe that Rand pulled the TP through Moridin. A person whom the Dark One has granted access to. I also believe that if Rand attempted to utilize the TP through Moridin to do something directly against the Dark One, he would simply cut off Moridin. He either allowed Rand to draw the TP via Moridin in hopes that this would turn Rand to the Shadow or he is simple unaware of the link. Either way if only one person is allowed access to the TP, it's not hard to figure out where it's coming from if it's being used against him. My point was that we would have to invent a way to for the TP to be accessed without the Dark One granting his permission.

I do think uniting the 3 powers is interesting interpretation, but in addition to the above, Callandor's mechanics don't fit. Rand would not be controlling the flows, he would not be adding Saidar. He would not be making the 3 become one. The woman controlling the flows would be.

Here's a little brain twister for you.. I'll start with quoting the part of the Prophesies that started this thread

He shall hold a blade of light in his hands and the three will become one

Here's my first proposal: What if the blade of light is not Callandor? I know it would make more sense to have it be Callandor, it having a known usable effect, such as channeling. And it fits in a way, with the next part, about three becoming one, thinking of Callandors flaw and all. But what if the Blad of Light is Justice?

Justice shone like a mirror in Arthur Hawkwing's gauntleted fist.

The Great Hunt, Chapter 47 - The Grave Is No Bar To My Call

I said something similar in post 36

Going out in left field, the blade of light could refer to Justice and the uniting of Rand, the Seanchan, and the Aes Sedai under it. But the description really does seem to be Callandor, so this is probably not very likely.

But what you posted fleshes it out a bit more. It actually seems a more likely fit considering how Callsndor works and the wording of the prophecy.

- Avi already went through the rings, now she has to go through the crystal spires and see the Aiel through her ancestors' eyes

- I think Rand has to finish Moridin before heading to SG to seal the Bore and that the TP will have no role in sealing off the DO or the elimination of SH

Oh yes, I completely forgot that the 2nd trip to Rhuidean was the glass collums.. slightly embarassed now  ;D

I personally imagine Rand making a gateway to somewhere near SG (with Mat and Perrin), to find a mass of shadowspawn, darkfriends and so forth there, somehow just enough to counterpart his own amount of soldiers, Asha'man and Aes sedai, lead by Shaidar Haran on a black horse called Death. I suspected Moridin might be leading, but have decied on SH, since Moridin seems less of a general sort of person, and more of a philospher, to be encountered after the battle, inside SG itself, in the very cave towards the Bore.

Another reason for this is the Prophesies (again)

The Seals that hold back the night shall weaken,

and in the heart of winter shall winter’s heart be born,

amid the wailings of lamentations and the gnashing of teeth,

for winter’s heart shall ride a black horse, and the name of it is Death.

Didn't Shaidar Haran appear in Winter's Heart?

Maybe the Moridin and SH will switch places, maybe SH wont be there at all, who knows.. it just feels like SH's ability to "sheathe" someone from channeling the OP is such a powerfull tool to waste against Perrin or Mat, and having Rands link to Moridins TP (I cannot stop thinking ToiletPaper when people write that!) is a reasonable way to deal with it.. maybe its too obvious for a Robert Jordan plot however...

My point was that we would have to invent a way to for the TP to be accessed without the Dark One granting his permission.

It's possible we've already seen the start of this, in book 12.  Thus far, we have only the thoughts of the Forsaken about who actually can and cannot use the TP and where it comes from.  Those could well be wrong. /shrug  Either way, it's interesting to think about (and not something I honestly came up with until reading this thread series.)

I do think uniting the 3 powers is interesting interpretation, but in addition to the above, Callandor's mechanics don't fit. Rand would not be controlling the flows, he would not be adding Saidar. He would not be making the 3 become one. The woman controlling the flows would be.

I find it far more likely that the '3 become one' bit is a reference to 3 people being linked, ie making 1 source of power (however you divvy up the power.  Saidar, Saidin...  OP/TP) out of 3 people.

Regarding Justice, I'm honestly not certain where people drew that allusion from.  Any sword, well made and polished brightly, will gleam like the sun in the right light.  It may well be Justice, but drawing a weapon from another age, another hero and from another purpose to fight the last battle?  It makes more sense, to me, for it to have been a weapon made for this age, for this battle and for this hero instead.

I said something similar in post 36

But what you posted fleshes it out a bit more. It actually seems a more likely fit considering how Callsndor works and the wording of the prophecy.

I'm terribly sorry to have missed your post the first time 'round :/

I am unsure about the Seanchan, I can't get a grasp on where Sanderson is taking that thread.. Id say its obvious that they'll be the rulers of the world after the Last Battle, except for the Prophecy about Rand binding the Nine Moons to serve him.

I havent forgotten that the Seanchan version of the prophesies say that he must submit himself to the Empress, but that might be the result of tampering by a Forsaken, considering Ishamaels boast that he had influenced even Arthur Hawkwing.

It might come down to a deal between Rand and Fortuona, where she takes over what Rand holds, and in return, the Seanchan empire will follow the Dragon Reborn into the Last Battle.. that way, Rand submits, and binds the nine moons to serve him (in battle).

Something tells me there'll be a clause about outlawing the leashing channelers in there somewhere but I don't see Fortuona bending on that point unless something affects her views on the matter, or makes her more desperate for an agreement with the Dragon Reborn.. I suppose that's a RAFO :P

Regarding Justice, I'm honestly not certain where people drew that allusion from.  Any sword, well made and polished brightly, will gleam like the sun in the right light.  It may well be Justice, but drawing a weapon from another age, another hero and from another purpose to fight the last battle?  It makes more sense, to me, for it to have been a weapon made for this age, for this battle and for this hero instead.

Rand is allready in posession of Justice. The new sword that is mentioned serveral times, but not by name or actually explained fully is commonly believed to be Justice, and is partially (to my understanding) confirmed by Sanderson

see more here: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,50624.0.html

Rand is allready in posession of Justice. The new sword that is mentioned serveral times, but not by name or actually explained fully is commonly believed to be Justice, and is partially (to my understanding) confirmed by Sanderson

see more here: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,50624.0.html

Thank you, this actually makes alot of sense to me.  Especially as how Rand remembered the sword, 'from his own memories' and not LTTs...  he saw it at Falme.

Another theory supporting the Justice one is, Rands weaving of Saidin into the blade, not just making one of fire like in Tear, but weaving saidin into the blade as he did against Ishamael above Falme, might actually require the blade to be power-wrought in the first place.

Okay, you may be winning me over somewhat there...  I'm at least open to the idea now!

(I'm still thinking that, in that case, any power wrought sword might work.  I'd forgotten about him channeling the OP through his sword back in the day.  I just remembered him fighting with a sword made from the power.  I also still favor the idea of it being Callendor, overall, but finding Justice, now...  what do you think would be the reaction of the Seanchan if he presented it to them, or even just showed it to them?)

Hmm, maybe I need to go reread the series again, it's been awhile since I've read the entire thing

Anyway, just because I can:

Remmember that Rand has to bed Aviendha again before the Last Battle, or we will know that he will survive (she hasnt been knocked up yet, and she will have Rands babies).

Other responses, just because I've enjoyed your post and it looks like it would be fun/enlightening to dialogue with you -

- not necessary that Rand impregnates Avi in this turning of the Wheel, Min's viewing left enough uncertainty that it could easily take place in another Rand/Avi incarnation in another turning

I doubt that Min can see images/viewings of other turnings of the wheel. It would encompass way to many images and we haven't seen any evidence of this in the past.

From TGS

"The girl is correct." Cadsuane sounded surprised. "What this child sees are weavings in the Pattern from a time still distant -- but if the Dark One wins, he will destroy the Pattern entirely. This is the only way the visions could fail to occur. The same holds for other prophecies and Foretellings. Our victory is by no means sure."

So Avi doesn't need to have sex with Rand before TG.

Also the prophecies make it seem likely that Rand will die and be revived/reborn/etc.

Another DarkRand occured with Tuon at the failed treaty.

It's possible we've already seen the start of this, in book 12.  Thus far, we have only the thoughts of the Forsaken about who actually can and cannot use the TP and where it comes from.  Those could well be wrong. /shrug  Either way, it's interesting to think about (and not something I honestly came up with until reading this thread series.)

I find it far more likely that the '3 become one' bit is a reference to 3 people being linked, ie making 1 source of power (however you divvy up the power.  Saidar, Saidin...  OP/TP) out of 3 people.

If you read the prophecy it implies that He (singular) will be doing this. Meaning Rand is the catalyst. Which with Callandor's mechanics isn't possible. At most he could be a conduit for 2 of the 3 powers, but would never be in control.

As for the TP, if you assume that Rand accessed it through Moridin, then you really don't have a new way of accessing the TP without the Dark One's permission. Just a way to access it through someone granted permission. This still falls within the established norm for the most part. Revoking the permission to Moridin ends any sort of threat. You have to invent something at this point for the TP to really be used without the Dark One's permission.

"The girl is correct." Cadsuane sounded surprised. "What this child sees are weavings in the Pattern from a time still distant -- but if the Dark One wins, he will destroy the Pattern entirely. This is the only way the visions could fail to occur. The same holds for other prophecies and Foretellings. Our victory is by no means sure."

So Avi doesn't need to have sex with Rand before TG.

Also the prophecies make it seem likely that Rand will die and be revived/reborn/etc.

Another DarkRand occured with Tuon at the failed treaty.

See, you just ruined my chances at a good nights sleep tonight!  ;)

If Rand channeled the True Power, or as Lews Therin says, "that is HIM!" as if the True Power is the Dark One himself (more of that later!) then maybe the DO has a 'hold' on him now.

I think that explains the dark aura around Rand, both because it started appearing after Rand used the TP (ToiletPaper!), and because it appears when Rands ta'veren-ness is in effect, or is just about to be.

What is Rands most  important weapon? what allows him to escape darkfriends and Forsaken back before he became SuperRand? Chance and Luck, aka ta'veren-ness. So what is it the DO should taint if he was going to foil Rand's battle against the shadow?

If the Dark One is twisting Rand's Chance, maybe thats why Rands meeting with Tuon failed?

Maybe the Pattern is allready ripping? Has the first Prophecy failed? Arg.

ps. I wonder if Rand can visualize those black cords around himself and cut them? Maybe he needs a hand? (Pun intended) Is that where Alivia comes in? and the dagger? or is Aliva going to fetch back Rand without Moridin attatched, after their Deaths? Arg x2

Archived