DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which Prophecies Were Fufilled In This Book? (spoilers, natch)

JenniferL

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's pretty easy to imagine how Rand will bind the Nine Moons to his service.

Simply by using the warder bond Logain and the other Asha'man use on the Aes Sedai.

Then he can order her anything he wants.

But see, he doesn't need to bond her like an Ashaman does an AS. She is already binded to him through her marriage with Mat.

• 2 weeks later...
Like I posted earlier in this thread, I think 3 of the '9 impossible things' might have been fulfilled.  (Foretelling mentioned in Crossroads of Twilight)

Here they are again::

-Rand breaking cuendillar

-Rand channeling (what the Forsaken call) the True Power

-Rand regaining his sanity

First 2 were fulfilled in Chapter 22; the 3rd one in Chapter 50.

Maybe a 4th: escaping from a situation where someone else has complete control over him. (Chapter 22)

Yup, which shows how overall weak his use of his ta'veren-ness is, it relies both on the individual not being very strong-willed and at the same time the Pattern wanting him to do things then, there and that way. All in all, his conscious use of it is something I find very distasteful given the compulsion aspect of it.

Except that Tavern does not make you do something you would never do otherwise, it only enhances the probability that you will do soething that you might do otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...
Like I posted earlier in this thread, I think 3 of the '9 impossible things' might have been fulfilled.  (Foretelling mentioned in Crossroads of Twilight)

Here they are again::

-Rand breaking cuendillar

-Rand channeling (what the Forsaken call) the True Power

-Rand regaining his sanity

First 2 were fulfilled in Chapter 22; the 3rd one in Chapter 50.

Maybe a 4th: escaping from a situation where someone else has complete control over him. (Chapter 22)

Perhaps a 5th: having an instantaneous change in mood.  (Chapter 50)

Archived