DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which Prophecies Were Fufilled In This Book? (spoilers, natch)

JenniferL

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five ride forth and four return was at end of TGH. Ingtar did not return although Mat,Perrin,Rand and Hurin did

Fortune rides like the sun on high

with the fox that makes the ravens fly.

Luck his soul, the lightning his eye,

He snatches the moons from out of the sky.

When the Wolf King carries the hammer, thus are the final days known.

when the Fox marries the raven, and the trumpets of battle are blown.

Sounds as if Mat and Perrin are in the prophecies here yes?

RJ has made a ton of references about healing death. ie. "Nyn won't be happy till she has healed someone 3 days dead." kinda a jesus reference there.  Rand will die in the last battle, there are too many references to it to be ignored, but he will be healed by Nyn probably 3 days later thus completing the jesus/rand similarities.

I have held off saying this as i am unsure how to word it so hopefully someone will follow my line of thinking.

First this is in referance to .

Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.

Once for mourning, once for birth.

Ok We already have a TON of people who have been born twice in the books.  Every singe one of the Aiel who has joined with a first sister or brother has done this.  Think back to when Aveldia(sp) and Elayne went through when they joined.  This process was given in great detail in that it was a "birthing" process they felt everything happen though we were given Ave and Elayne view there is no reason to think another wise.  Why else would the Aiel have this knowledge?  The people of the leaf were giving this to pass on and kept it as part of thier culture as a way of passing on the ablity. 

So the Dawn of the accual day then Rand lets Alivia help him die (unknown reasoning).  But as Elayne used Bonding to save Bri then it not that far of a leap that this process (I think lead by Moiraineas she would know how "finn") would be used to bring him back by way of Aveldia.  The whole birthing 4 babies thing but not quite right viewing.  So Rand Perrin Mat and yes Mordin will be pulled into the process.

There you go hack away. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this thread mentioned, but I think 2 of the 9 impossible things might have been fulfilled.  (Prophecy mentioned in Crossroads of Twilight)

One is Rand breaking cuendillar.

The other is Rand using (what Forsaken call) the True Power.

Fulfillment of both, in Chapter 22.

His self awareness and acceptance of this fact could easily fulfill the 2 become 1 prophecy. As well as Min's viewing of the two merging and 1 seeming to die, because the Voice of LTT fading away with rand's acceptance is in itself a death of an extraneous personality.

You got it backwards - Min said that they 'seemed to merge' and that one died, and the other did not.  She did not say 'seemed to die'.  Lews Therin already died and was reborn as Rand; he can't die again until Rand does.  Also, the wording of Min's viewing is similar to the way Rand describes his link with Moridin:

TITLE - A Crown of Swords

CHAPTER: 33 - A Bath

"The viewings?"

She folded her arms and frowned up at him through her lashes. She chewed her lip and frowned at the door. She shook her head and muttered under her breath. At last she said, "There is only one, really. I was exaggerating. I saw you and another man. I couldn’t make out either face, but I knew one was you. You touched, and seemed to merge into one another, and... " Her mouth tightened worriedly, and she went on in a very small voice. "I don’t know what it means, Rand, except that one of you dies, and one doesn’t. I - Why are you grinning? This isn’t a joke, Rand. I do not know which of you dies."

TITLE - Knife of Dreams

CHAPTER: 18 - News for the Dragon

He was aware of me, Lews Therin said.  He sounded sane for a change. Sometimes he did, but the madness always returned eventually. How can a face appearing in my mind be aware of me?

If you don’t know, how do you expect me to? Rand thought.  But I was aware of him, as well.  It had been a strange sensation, as if he were . . . touching . . . the other man somehow.  Only not physically.  A residue hung on.  It seemed he only had to move a hair’s breadth, in any direction, to touch him again.  I think he saw my face, too.

Also, there is a pretty good list of fulfilled prophecies here.

Not sure if this thread mentioned, but I think 2 of the 9 impossible things might have been fulfilled.  (Prophecy mentioned in Crossroads of Twilight)

One is Rand breaking cuendillar.

The other is Rand using (what Forsaken call) the True Power.

Fulfillment of both, in Chapter 22.

There seems to be a 3rd::  Rand regaining sanity (fulfilled in Chapter 50)

This prophecy has been fulfilled:

"The north shall he tie to the east, and the west shall be bound to the south."

Rand has tied the North to the East. It doesn't say HE ties the West to the South--the Seanchan have already done that. It doesn't say he has to bind the West to the South either, it just says they're bound. But by "binding the Nine Moons" he'll have everything united anyways, so doesn't really matter. :P

This prophecy has been fulfilled:

"The north shall he tie to the east, and the west shall be bound to the south."

Rand has tied the North to the East.

Actually, the we are not told what choice the Borderlanders made when Rand sent Hurin back to them.

The earliest we would find out would be in Towers of Midnight.  If not in that book, then in Memory of Light.

In regard to Rand binding the nine moons and bowing to the crystal throne can't both things happen if Tuon were to put a male a'dam on Rand. In the beginning she would be in control but eventually Rand would become the person in control. We have been told that eventually Tuon would not even be able to take the control braclets off unless Rand allowed and helped her That's surely one way to bind her to him In fact,since Rand "knows" there is another power he can use to break the a'dam hold he may be willing to do this if "when" HE LEARNS THE UNLIKE A FEMALE A"DAM THE MALE ALSO WORKS IN REVERSE.

IMO the Nine Moons were bound to Rand when Mat married Tuon. And if Rand did come to his sense at the top of Dragonmount, he should send Mat and Perrin to arrange a truce between Rand and Seanchan. After all, Mat may be one of the few people that will be allowed to speak with the Empress. Perrin will not ruin the deal because he got angry(as Rand did), and an extra Ta'veren doesn't hurt.

Personnally I would like to see all three show up to talk to the DotNM and see what the combination of all three would do, with the twisting of the pattern and such

Those 3 teaming up would make negotiations with the Seanchan very easy. Tuon may be able to overcome one pull of a ta'veren, but not 3. Especially Mat. She seems not able to resist any of his ta'vereness. The pull on her would just be so great. Especially now that Rand is regaining his sanity.

I wonder if rand can still kind of direct his taveren, I got chills when I read the part about him threatening someone by saying he could

In a way he's right. He is the STRONGEST ta'veren EVER. Mat and Perrin are ta'veren, but are a drop in the bucket compared to Rand. If he can be tied to the land, he can make people do what he wants. People have been doing what he wants for quite some time now. Even Aes Sedai have sworn fealty to him. Just sayin'...

Why didn't Tuon then? It's sorta like the example that was used in the early books. If the pattern can accommodate a farmer that wants to be a King, then it will, if it can't, nothing that farmer does will change it. If it has places in its designs for Rand willingly using his ta'veren powers as a sort of compulsion(which is what he was doing), then it will, if it doesn't, then nothing he does will do it. He is not outside of the pattern's designs just because he is ta'veren.

Why didn't Tuon then? It's sorta like the example that was used in the early books. If the pattern can accommodate a farmer that wants to be a King, then it will, if it can't, nothing that farmer does will change it. If it has places in its designs for Rand willingly using his ta'veren powers as a sort of compulsion(which is what he was doing), then it will, if it doesn't, then nothing he does will do it. He is not outside of the pattern's designs just because he is ta'veren.

It just means that the negotiations at that time weren't meant to be. They have to happen, it'll just be down the road. Rand had his epiphany, and his thinking i would imagine, has changed drastically. Tuon is an extremely strong willed individual. It seems her only soft spot is Mat.

Yup, which shows how overall weak his use of his ta'veren-ness is, it relies both on the individual not being very strong-willed and at the same time the Pattern wanting him to do things then, there and that way. All in all, his conscious use of it is something I find very distasteful given the compulsion aspect of it.

Yup, which shows how overall weak his use of his ta'veren-ness is, it relies both on the individual not being very strong-willed and at the same time the Pattern wanting him to do things then, there and that way. All in all, his conscious use of it is something I find very distasteful given the compulsion aspect of it.

I don't think we'll be seeing any of that from Rand any more.

I think it's questionable whether or not the "two shall become one" has been fulfilled. It could be LTT or it could be Moridin.

I think that at the end of TGS when Rand destoryed the CK, he used that burst of power to meld LTT to himself, so that instead of LTT just being a voice inside of Rand, they became one.

That is probably wrong though. Whatever :(

I think it's questionable whether or not the "two shall become one" has been fulfilled. It could be LTT or it could be Moridin.

I think that at the end of TGS when Rand destoryed the CK, he used that burst of power to meld LTT to himself, so that instead of LTT just being a voice inside of Rand, they became one.

That is probably wrong though. Whatever :(

However it's not "two shall become one" it's "three shall become one" and the way it's stated in the prophecy, I believe it's in reference to the use of callandor, "the blade of light." It takes 3 people forming a many circle, becoming basically 1 with callandor. 2 females and the guy holding the sword.

"two shall become one"

: sounds like a quote from Bible, i guess at Rand's wedding it will be said "four shall become one"

I'm not sure of the gender of 'one' and 'three' but the "three shall become one" could mean the union of the paths of ta'veren. Until now they were on 'individual missions', finally the three ways shall unite to one - "march to Tarmon Gai'don".

Even Aes Sedai have sworn fealty to him.

Technically just Moiraine. The rebel's embassy was forced by Ashamen; and the ones from the White Tower were under the influence of Compulsion.

I wonder if rand can still kind of direct his taveren, I got chills when I read the part about him threatening someone by saying he could

By 'direct his taveren' do you mean 'bend the Pattern to his will'?  If not, you would need to explain.

Like I posted earlier in this thread, I think 3 of the '9 impossible things' might have been fulfilled.  (Foretelling mentioned in Crossroads of Twilight)

Here they are again::

-Rand breaking cuendillar

-Rand channeling (what the Forsaken call) the True Power

-Rand regaining his sanity

First 2 were fulfilled in Chapter 22; the 3rd one in Chapter 50.

Archived