DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A song of Ice and Fire, discussion (spoilers)

Hallow

Spoiler incoming

Yeah, when the guards were advancing I was like, 5 to 1, still the Lannisters have the Kingsguard with them, should be interesting. Then I almost drop the book on my lap as the guard stabs Fat tom!

This doesnt look good for the Starks :(

On a side note, Syrio was AWESOME when the Kingsguard and the 5 Lannisters came for Arya.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoiler incoming

Yeah, when the guards were advancing I was like, 5 to 1, still the Lannisters have the Kingsguard with them, should be interesting. Then I almost drop the book on my lap as the guard stabs Fat tom!

This doesnt look good for the Starks :(

On a side note, Syrio was AWESOME when the Kingsguard and the 5 Lannisters came for Arya.

Edit: Oh and that treacherous little bitch Sansa, the fact that she agreed to write those letters really pissed me of.

What letters did she agree to write?  I remember being a bit ticked off at Sansa for spilling the beans to Cersei but she was really just a child at the time.

Sure, but still, writing letters to all her family saying that her father is a traitor just because she doesnt want to upset Joffrey pissed me of. She needs to set her loyalties straight.

What letters did she agree to write?  I remember being a bit ticked off at Sansa for spilling the beans to Cersei but she was really just a child at the time.

Sure, but still, writing letters to all her family saying that her father is a traitor just because she doesnt want to upset Joffrey pissed me of. She needs to set her loyalties straight.

She's like 11.  Also, they'll know she's writing those under duress.

She's like 11.  Also, they'll know she's writing those under duress.

of course they do, that doesn't change what she did though. And the age isn't an excuse as far as I'm concerned, Arya is what? 8? and she had the wits to resist.

Sansa is a character who divides opinion. She does get a lot stronger and a lot more interesting as the series continues.

..why do you miss them? What sort of diabolical spoiler did you just expose me to?  :o

Just to elaborate on the earlier point, you know how some characters sit out WoT books because they're not needed, like Perrin in Book 5 and Mat in Book 8? GRRM had to do a similar thing in A FEAST FOR CROWS and drop several POV characters in order to fit everyone else in. Their stories pick up in the nearly-finished fifth book instead.

Sansa is a character who divides opinion. She does get a lot stronger and a lot more interesting as the series continues.

..why do you miss them? What sort of diabolical spoiler did you just expose me to?  :o

Just to elaborate on the earlier point, you know how some characters sit out WoT books because they're not needed, like Perrin in Book 5 and Mat in Book 8? GRRM had to do a similar thing in A FEAST FOR CROWS and drop several POV characters in order to fit everyone else in. Their stories pick up in the nearly-finished fifth book instead.

I see, I also just finished A Game of Thrones and my opinion about Sansa has improved a little, I feel rather sorry for her now. Although I'm hating Joffrey even more.

Spoiler alert.

Really hope we get to see more of Ser Barristan though, I REALLY REALLY liked how he left The Red Keep. "Even now I could take all five of you", awesomeness.

The ending with Catelyn's viewpoint was cool as well; "The King in the North!" :D

Feel bad about Ned though, he was beyond a doubt my favorite character, wish it didnt end like that :(

There's not much that can be said to that that isn't a spoiler ;) Try to avoid any spoilers at all for the later books as it's far better to come across certain plot points fresh rather than having them ruined.

The actress who's playing Sansa in the TV adaptation also apprently wasn't entirely sure about her character's storyline in Season 1 (as opposed to the actress playing her sister, who just thought Arya was badass) until she heard about what the character does later on in the series, then seemed a lot happier :)

I can rename the thread to A song of Ice and Fire discussion or something, I'll probably keep posting here as I keep reading anyway.

(On a side note, Poor Maester Cressen :(

Edit: Renamed the thread, also, just read up on the HBO series... Sean Bean as Eddard Stark! Awesomeness! Personally think he's an awesome actor :D

The first chapter you get with Theon Greyoy as the PoV makes me feel stupid. Is it supposed to be obvious what his father is planning to attack? I'm guessing Winterfell but honestly have no good reason to believe that, basically a guess.

Just read the chapter where Tyrion poisoned Cersei. Laughed when Cersei was outraged that someone ahd claimed Jaime had killed the rightful king, it's not like he's done it before or anything right? *Rolls eyes*

• 2 weeks later...

Great series - does anyone know when the 5th book is coming out?

Book 5 is about done. Just a few chapters to finish off and straighten out. I'm hoping for a completion announcement before New Year's, but I suspect it might drift into January/February. In that case the book would be out around June or July 2010.

Then we get to do it all again for Book 6. Yay :)

Book 5 is about done. Just a few chapters to finish off and straighten out. I'm hoping for a completion announcement before New Year's, but I suspect it might drift into January/February. In that case the book would be out around June or July 2010.

I get a little tingly in my girly bits when I think about the next book coming out.

Amazon says September 10th 2010, probably not accurate though :D

SPOILER WARNING

Just read the chapter of the wedding on the twins and once again I'm shocked. I suspected something was wrong when so many were "gone" but a betrayal on that scale just really rattled me. I hope the Greatjon survived at least, he was/is one of my favorites, although GRRM seems to have a habit for killing of the characters I like :(

On a side note, I'm curious as to whether this has something to do with Stannis's ritual (Both Robb Stark and Balon Greyjoy dying in so close proximity seems more than a coincidence tbh), if its not a coincidence then I can comfort myself that Joffrey might be biting the dust soon.

We so need a better spoiler system. I know the title says spoilers, but the OP is only on Book 2, so it might be an idea not to go too overboard with the spoilers until he's finished it ;)

I'm on book 3, I'm the one who just posted that spoiler about the red wedding :p

Archived