DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

KINTOBER 2009

twinflower

*bounces in, orange and black tissue paper streamers streaming behind her, a princess crown perched on her head, scary black and orange socks on her feet, munching on candy corn*

Oh boy! OH BOY!  It is October!  You  know what that means Kinster’s!   KINTOBER IS HERE!  *grins and tosses out candy corn*   LOL  When your Elegant Eldest and her Sistertwin are leading the madness and are lovers of this month and holiday…watch out!  Great things happen!

We are going to have a busy month here!  Be sure to check the boards everyday, post and get involved!  Trust me..*grins*  you will not want to miss a thing!

[glow=red,2,300]KIN U's October Interim!![/glow]

For the past three years, we have opened the halls of Kin U to everyone at DM to join us in seminars, workshops and fun around campus to celebrate Halloween and the Samhain holidays!  This year we are expanding and have something for everyone!  The Divination, Home Ec, Architecture, Literature, Art and History departments have all planned wonderful seminars to learn and participate in!  And you won’t want to miss the things going on around campus!  Contests, games, the chance to chat with our Campus Guru Manny and even a Costume Ball the last week of the month!  Yes folks…Costume!  Be sure to be planning one to show us all!   Courses will be starting on Monday, October 5th, BUT…Orientation is on Saturday, and the Intro to all Courses will be on Sunday!  This is where learning is FUN!

ORG BUSINESS

There are a few items of Kin business we also need to take care of this month!

Adopt a Kinster

December is fast approaching!  Don’t forget to make a deposit into the Kin Paypal account!  Remember, even $5.00 can make a difference!  If you need instructions on how to use the account, ask Lor, OR the info is in the All About the Kin info thread!

Contact List

This needs to be updated everyone!  We have many new members who need to get their info added!   AND..biggest of all, many of you have changed addresses, and I really appreciate that you have updated your info..BUT, please go back and delete the old address info!  This will be very helpful, especially with the holiday card exchanges etc coming up!  

Exchange Sign Ups

TheChristmas exchange sign up will be up until October 15th to give everyone enough time to join  in if they want to!  The Halloween exchange sign up will close on Wednesday, October 7th!

ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THIS?  *grins at Lor*

[glow=red,2,300]LET THE HAUNTING BEGIN![/glow]

*grins* I have plans, my pretties... the Ball will be posted on Friday!

The theme this year is...

The Ghost of Halloweens Past!

Which simply means that you can be whatever you want to be, but we're also collecting pictures of what we've been in the past! There will be extra happy mail for the best old pic! *grins*

So, for example, my costume this year is: Sarah Sanderson from Hocus Pocus *points at her sig and avatar*

However, I'd digging up pictures that I can scan from past Halloweens that I'll be posting, too! :D In fact, that's where I'm heading right now, to see how many pics I need my darling husband to scan, since he's hogging the only scanner we've got in the house...

Adopt a Kinster

December is fast approaching!  Don’t forget to make a deposit into the Kin Paypal account!  Remember, even $5.00 can make a difference!  If you need instructions on how to use the account, ask Lor, OR the info is in the All About the Kin info thread!

Just a quick update on the Adopt a Kinster Fund for this year...

We have a total of $177.61 in our Paypal account for our Adopt a Kinster campaign this year!!!

We could really make someone's Christmas awesome this year, folks! Thanks to Myst, Twinny, Ursula and Lor for their donations so far! If the four of us can do this much, just think what 20 more can do!!!

PLEASE don't think that that's enough and we don't need any more donations! With enough in the account, perhaps we could adopt TWO Kinsters this year and really make the season bright! It only takes a little bit and it really goes a long way!

This is one of the things we pride ourselves on every year and it's amazing what a difference this little gift does! Please put your stamp on it and donate ANY AMOUNT YOU WANT TO DONATE today!

Archived