DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The kill/do not kill order on Rand. Lets puzzle this out...

You're making two incorrect assumptions.

1.  That the Fade who gives Carridin the order to kill Rand is not Shaidar Haran.  Fades never display emotion.  Shaidar Haran is the only exception.  The Fade who gives Carridin orders clearly displays a range of emotions.

2.  That "LET THE LORD OF CHAOS RULE" means to let Rand live.  It really just means, "Do crazy stuff everywhere."  Demandred misinterprets.

The DO may want the Dragon dead more than it wants to be free.  The DO sees itself as GOD.  Yet, this pipsqueak human has defeated it at every turning of the Wheel.  That is intolerable.  The Dragon MUST die so that then the DO can personally destroy him.  Utterly.

The only understandable human characteristic that the DO may possess is ego.  In the DO's case it would be Supreme Ego.  It's convinced it can break free no matter what, so elaborate scenarios to cause that to happen have no meaning to it.  If it has any doubts they would concern the Dragon.  That's why the Dragon's destruction is so important to the DO.

Forgive me, i said maybe he wasn't SH not that was a matter of fact and even because i didn't remember the beahavior of this fellow i supposed he could be another one.

Anyway, that's ok. He was a 1st of SH and he took orders from the DO.

This morning i thought another thing (LOL i wake up and the 1st thing i think is about WOT, i'm completely crazy  :D), if the Fade was SH (as he really is, now i know) so that can mean that Ishy in the first books didn't follow the orders of the DO completely (or not at all) and he follow plans of his own. He wanted to have the Dragon next to him and he follow this project.

So when SH went to Carridin he said what the DO wanted (that was different from Ishy).

Later the DO changed his mind about Rand and his death maybe because Ishy was dead and he understood it was better have Rand as friend than as enemy and because he lost his best Chosen (Ishy) ???

I'm trying to understand why he changed his mind because i'm sure the DO dont' wanna kill Rand, not now at least, otherwise he had already done it.

Archived