DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[POLL] October Travel Theme - You Pick --> National Cuisines

Corki

What shall October's Travel Theme Be?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What shall October's Travel Theme Be?

• Australia
    • National Parks
    • National Cusines
    • Ruins

Right...I have stopped being lazy and finally gotten around to posting the poll to see what October's travel theme should be. I have carried over the two losing ideas from September, and added the two great suggestions that were put forth for October.

Below are the options up I have picked with the best promoise for a travel theme month.

1. Australia

This can be linked with the idea of a "Beach Music" month. Oh, and it would give Corki a great amount of time to brag about the Ashes returning to England. Okay, that has nothing to do with travel, but who cares!

Suggested by Zophiel (carried over from September)

2. National Parks

A discussion on the numerous beautiful National Parks in the world. There is the possibility of doing a "It's A Knockout" for National Parks to determine the best and most beautiful one in the world

Suggested by LedZepMan, expanded by Corki (carried over from September)

3. National Cusines

How about the food of different areas from around the world? Have a list of food for each area chosen and let everyone select the best dish, then do a final with the best dish of each area against each other. General discussions on various cuisines can be started.

Suggested by Talya

4. Ruins

What about famous ruins for travel? We could even "tour" them with other orgs.

Suggested by Jeannaisais

VOTING ENDS ON SUNDAY 4TH OCTOBER 2009 AT 11:45PM (BST)

Banders, Please Note:

Voting in this thread counts towards posting in an activity thread for points gained through the roll call. However, in order for that to qualify, you need to post that you voted. Otherwise you won't get the recognition or the ORG points via the roll call.

As this thread straddles a month end, if you vote in September, it will count as your activity for September. If you vote in October, it will count as an activity for you for October. You can't vote twice and get it to count for both months!  ;)

Corki

Marshal-General

ORG Leader

I've gone with the idea of National Cusines as it sounds exciting!

However, Jea's idea of ruins is a good one that I am going to keep it up my sleeve for the future if it doesn't win - I can see it being a good idea for DM 8 as we try to spread the word of the Band by doing a dual music and travel thread tour.

Archived