DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Could there be any imaginary characters brought on by madness?

Tirade

The Heroes of the Horn would fight for anyone.

A number of Birgitte's discussions in Telaranrhiod seem to indicate that Heroes are spun out for the Light; never for the Dark.  Though they can be converted to the Dark.

Otherwise they fight for the person who blows the Horn.

Ever wonder why Lanfear was named Last Chance? Is that a hint that some of the Chosen could indeed have been reincarnated more than once?

The reason for the name I take to be because this would be her last chance.

The books seem to imply that all souls get reborn, not just Heroes.

A number of Birgitte's discussions in Telaranrhiod seem to indicate that Heroes are spun out for the Light; never for the Dark.  Though they can be converted to the Dark.

Ever wonder why Lanfear was named Last Chance? Is that a hint that some of the Chosen could indeed have been reincarnated more than once?

The reason for the name I take to be because this would be her last chance.

The books seem to imply that all souls get reborn, not just Heroes.

i thought it was her last chance to obey the DO and not be killed

Well, she wouldn't necessarily know that they were also spun out for the "dark". And to say they were spun out for the Light is a sneaky way of saying that they are spun out for "neutral". They fight against eachother as much as they fight with eachother. And for that matter, why would the Wheel only spin them out for the Light? It doesn't know good or bad, it only knows balance.

In that Age. The Dragon soul is bound to the Wheel, as a Hero, Ishy isn't, no more so than any other soul.

How do you know that? I don't think it's unlikely at all that Ishamael is bound to the wheel. It's not like they're "good". The Heroes of the Horn would fight for anyone.
We don't really have any evidence to suggest the Heroes would fight for anyone. And Ishamael is a lying liar who lies. We have no reason to believe his claims to ebing the Dragon's eternal nemesis.

And for that matter, why would the Wheel only spin them out for the Light? It doesn't know good or bad, it only knows balance.
The Heroes, like ta'veren, are part of the Pattern's self-correcting mechanism, and RJ thought it unlikely that there would be dark ta'veren.

In that Age. The Dragon soul is bound to the Wheel, as a Hero, Ishy isn't, no more so than any other soul.

How do you know that? I don't think it's unlikely at all that Ishamael is bound to the wheel. It's not like they're "good". The Heroes of the Horn would fight for anyone.
We don't really have any evidence to suggest the Heroes would fight for anyone. And Ishamael is a lying liar who lies. We have no reason to believe his claims to ebing the Dragon's eternal nemesis.

I never said Ishamael had any proof. In fact, I think I've actually stated that I don't think Ishamael is correct. That doesn't change my original suggestion at all. And you're wrong, we do have evidence, as much as it's possible to have evidence for something that hasn't happened in the series.

At a book signing, Jordan explained further:

Q: "Hawkwing says they follow the banner and the Dragon. Moiraine says the Heroes will follow whoever winds the horn. Was Moiraine wrong?"

A: *Arch look* "Moiraine doesn't know everything. She was speaking the truth as she knows it." (I took this to imply that Moir was misinformed, and the conflict resolved, until he continued.) "However, she is correct in that whoever sounds the horn 'controls the Heroes.'" [exact quote] (I started to get confused at this point. Is Moir right or is she wrong? What's he trying to tell me?)

Q: "Then what happens if the Dragon and the banner are on opposite sides of the conflict from whoever sounds the horn?"

A: "Then we get a [rift] in the Pattern."

And for that matter, why would the Wheel only spin them out for the Light? It doesn't know good or bad, it only knows balance.
The Heroes, like ta'veren, are part of the Pattern's self-correcting mechanism, and RJ thought it unlikely that there would be dark ta'veren.

Where did you get that from?

Archived