DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Set the horde loose

Sab

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I didn't say 'go badly' I said that the blightborder would fall.

That would be "going badly".

Comparatively speaking, no it isn't. The Blightborder was going to fall either way. This way the Borderlander, the best trained army in the Westlands, live to fight with the Light.
Either way, the Blightborder falling is going to be a blow to the Light. A lot of veterans will be killed, and the loss of what has been the bulwark against invasion by the Shadow since the end of the Trolloc Wars will be a blow to morale, no two ways about it. That's a defeat for the Light, although it could be much worse.

Like Malkier half a century earlier, they probably could have stopped the advance, and probably even reversed part of it, like they did for Malkier - that reversal which Agelmar alludes to is most likely the result of those 100 sisters the Tower sent finally showing up. If you reread Agelmar's history lesson, it's not that the Light couldn't win back some, or even most, of the lost land. The problem is that every mile the Light gives up gets turned into the Blight, *and* the other nations are weakened from having to defend more of the Blightborder with less.

I thought those sisters just turned around and went home? I thought it was the combined forces of Shienar, Arafel and Kandor that turned the Trollocs back at the Stair of Jehaan.

Archived