DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Merry and well met!

MashinShin al Mashiara

ok this all sounds like a lot of fun!

LOL  My dear sistertwin...I read  the discussion but it didn't make any sense to me since I am not sure of the characters yada yada yada..besides it kicks me in the rear to get my reading done!

Mashin you are definitly in the right place here at home with the Kin! *hugs*

I only read the first trilogy of the Kushiel books so far. I heard about them before, but it wasn't till I went to the UK Europarty from tvnet and actually saw one of the books and got to read a little that I decided I wanted them. ;)

My head's still a bit full of HP though, as I've just read all 7 books in one week and it's been a while since I read the Kushiel ones and I need to read books several times for details to stick with me.

*pokes Mashin with her golden needle* Welcome to the nutthouse love! Watch out for the Nice around here. It's wickedly sneaky.

*is poked and pokes Myst with a blue needle*  :D

I shall have to keep an eye out for Nice then :D

And Twinny, I didn't really want to read the Kushiel books.  But a friend and his emote book review got me going.  I don't think I've ever seen so many emotes in one message ever.  *giggles*  I recommend reading them. :D  Definitely a nice way to spend a rainy weekend. :D

Oh it is!!  *grins*  I really enjoyed the first trilogy already!

Mysti..how did you like HP?  I knew you got the books..didn't know if you had read them yet though..didn't Tay get them too?

And like you my Miss Evil...*grins*  I usually have to read a couple times to get the details stuck in my brain..

*winks*  Naw Mashin don't worry about the Nice around here...but do look out for the Evil one who is really a nice one in hiding....

*runs*

Yeah.. Ya'll want to stay outta that Naamah's Kiss thread. We're droppin' spoilers like they're going out of style. It's a great book and you are very able to start it without reading the two previous trilogy's. Though it will have you haunting online sources for them in a nano-second.

I read the first trilogy, listened to the second (read by one of my favorite narrators Simon Vance) and now listened to NK. The woman who reads it does to "me" a decent Scots accent (the heroine's people ostensibly being of that demographic ;)) and it's a really, really engaging story.

If one possesses an overwrought sense of propriety or dogmatic religious views though, one needs to shy away from ANY of these books.

Oh yes the Kushiel books are rather a bit risque but nothing overly sexual...loads and loads of hints of sensual activities though.  When I first started reading Dart :o  I thought my eyes were sure to pop out of my head!  I am not religious myself so I rather enjoyed JC's way of weaving some of the tones in and through the story.  She obviously did her homework though...there are so many religions that are woven into her books. 

Twin, check the 'lost my marbles' thread love, I've spoken in there about my HP experience I think :)

Nono, Mashin! NICE is what you really need to watch out for here. Honest to the Light! *crosses heart area*

I'm always behind on whatever books people talk about. *sigh* I've just finished the first trilogy and now they're already discussing the third one. I'm currently catching up again on the last three books of wot as I've forgotten a lot of what goes on in there. I need to get the paperback version of book 11 as I only have the signed hard cover version of that one. And that's not as comfortable to take with me everywhere. Won't fit in all my handbags. :look

Mystica...I've only read the very first book of the Kushiel series :look  I have book two on the shelf but I simply haven't "found" the time to pick it up yet...You are way ahead of me on that series at least :D

Well I'll watch out for NICE and play with EVIL ;)  *pokes Myst with a pair of blue knitting needles*

See there?  I was to busy looking for your marbles to notice what you said!  *giggles*

Mysti..I so need to reread all of WoT it has been awhile and I am forgetting things!  Sheesh!  And the third one hon is just one book so far... ;)

See i didn't really think the Carey books were THAT risque or R rated as what happens fits into the story!  Personally I really got into the Religions of the setting and was more fascinated by that aspect than anything..

*pokes, then snugglehugglelicks and even bites Mystikiss*  now don't go corrupting the new kids or telling tales....

There is no need to look out for NICE here...

Twin, I swear, stop messing up my reputation! Honestly...... *taps foot*

*sighs and hangs head*

I suppose I'm not that bad in general..... till someone rubs me the wrong way and pisses me off for real.... But that doesn't mean you have to rub it in my face at every turn! *cattleprods miss Nice*

LOL  Well i didn't really MAKE her nice...I just exposed her!  *giggles and sticks out her tongue at Mystiekiss*

and you won't catch me messing with her, rubbing her the wrong way or pissingher off!  Not me!  at least not me ever again!  LOL!

and this has never been about you being "bad", just evil!  lOL!  there is a difference..but I'll try to be more caustious of your rep..*winks*

Archived