DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] Warehouse 13

Liathiana

I did!  I think this show has a lot of promise.  I liked the first episode a lot better than the first episodes of a lot of Sci Fi shows I've tried to watch.  This one is pretty strong right out of the gate.  I'm definately putting it in my regular schedule!

Yes, yes and yes Sirayn :D

it has a touch of WTH did I get myself into (kinda like Eureka if you've ever watched that) along with a healthy dose of paranormal. Remember in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark the army too the Ark, stuck in a box and put it in a warehouse, this would be that warehouse, except all the things aren't in crates, so you get glimpses of all the wierd stuff the agency has collected over the years, like Harry Hudini's wallet. Plus they have lots of cool gadets they actually get to use that was "invented" by famous inventors of the past but for some reason never caught on, like Edison's electric car. We were only twenty minutes in and added to our DVR list, lol.

If you liked the Librarian movies, you'll like this.  It's a similar premise.  Except, they're not librarians, they're Secret Service agents, and thus possibly qualified to be all super spy an go after each adventure.  Whereas the Librarian was...a librarian and totally a fish out of water.

*liked the Librarian movies despite their cheesiness*

It definitely has a touch of humor Sirayn, as well as adventure. They have some good character building and the graphics work for the Warehouse isn't as bad as some I've seen on Scifi *refuses to use the new silly name* It also has a good whiff of super secret parts of the government that even high ranking Secret Service guys have trouble tracking down.

I really like the two Secret Service agents and how they play off of each other though I'm a bit unsure of Artie and Mrs. Frederick (?).

If you liked the Librarian movies, you'll like this.  It's a similar premise.  Except, they're not librarians, they're Secret Service agents, and thus possibly qualified to be all super spy an go after each adventure.  Whereas the Librarian was...a librarian and totally a fish out of water.

Yes! I knew there was something it reminded me of, that's it. Excellent movies.

ya i agree ,thought was ok not a blockbuster though

SciFi has become quite weak since SG-1 and SGA are gone  BSG gone and ima hold my judgement for the new SG series and Caprica seems like its a filler imho

its sad scifi ignores the fantasy genre too much :'(

• 4 weeks later...

Warehouse 13 picked up for another season.

http://geektyrant.com/2009/08/syfy-renews-summer-hit-warehouse-13-for-second-season/

Wow!  They say this one is even getting more viewers than BSG.  That's awesome!  Probably because it's a little more accessable to the non-sci fi person.  Which is exactly what sci fi (refuse to use the new name) is going for these days.

Congrats to Sci Fi and the cast and crew of Warehouse 13!!!!

I've seen the trailers for this over here in the UK (in the breaks of Legend of the Seeker) and it has a lot of promise. I think I shall be bookmarking this into my schedule (and adding to my love of the SciFi channel!).

Archived