DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How could Salidar legitemately oppose Elaida?

bob bobato

Clearly, given that no sister has a problem with it despite the enmity of Elaida, and none raised it with Egwene, the glossary is wrong, and the Ajah requirement is not nessasary.

The glossaries have been wrong before. Like the Guide, the rule applied is that if the Glossaries defy the books, we dismiss the glossaries, not the books.

So, for the vote to raise Elaida it's assumed that these Sitters voted to raise her.

Pevara and Teslyn for Red

Sedore and Doesine for Yellow

Yukiri and Evanellien for Gray

Talene and Rubinde for Green

Saerin for Brown

Velina for White

I'm assuming that a third Red Sitter replaced Elaida and was an eleventh vote, since the list comes up one vote short for Lesser Consensus.

Not nessasarily. Elaida may have been able to vote for herself.

Two questions: who is this "him", and what is a "Tamrylin"?
But I suspect the point you were making was just that 'the Tamrylin' was not nessasarily a title for the First Amongst Servants.
That was the point, but the first was a serious question: which him was Draconian referring to?

Two questions: who is this "him", and what is a "Tamrylin"?
But I suspect the point you were making was just that 'the Tamrylin' was not nessasarily a title for the First Amongst Servants.
That was the point, but the first was a serious question: which him was Draconian referring to?

him refered to Rand

u r right Tamyrlin  isnt nessasarily a title for the First Amongst Servants

i mental add a "the" in therewhen i think of the ring

Though they do reference philosophers, and Egwene speaks of precedence of when an Amyrlin is dangerously divisive and the Hall unable to stop her of it being the responsibility to sisters to rise up, so the thought-line is there.

I am just going to answer the original question and not bother with the legalities.

If I recall correctly, the reason Salidar opposes Elaida is in large part because they think that the Red Ajah set Logain up as a false dragon. When Siuan first arrived at Salidar they were indeed contemplating returning to Elaida. After Siuan told them about this, and I am paraphrasing here, they said well we certainly can't return to her now.

Therefore that is how they can justify opposing Elaida.

I think it all falls down to this.

Supporting Elaida:

1) Own gain 2) You just don't rebel against White Tower

Supporting Hall in Exile:

1) Own gain 2) I know Elaida isn't good for the White Tower (own moral compass), delivers punches under the belt and misuses power.

3) is total a*s

WHO needs laws after that as nothing more than excuse to bring her down?

Archived