DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

foreshadowed

the spider

not sure if this has been mentioned but its something i noticed during my current re-read. i think it was the prologue of WH where RJ does a POV from Moridin when he is in the Tarasin Palace. He has a statue of a one-armed man with a clothe over his eyes. I didn.t recognize it my last time through but now that i have read KoD it obviously Rand which shows that what is going on now has happened every time b4. just something i though was interesting.

Guest cwestervelt

There is another thread that also talks about this in the general discussion.

The figure Moridin was holding is the most important piece in a game that can be seen as a symbolic representation of the struggle between Light and Dark. Moridin even refers to the piece as the "Fisher" providing it with a direct reference to the "Fisher King" in Grail Legend. The Fisher King's physical suffering was tied to the sufferings of the world. Within the game, that figure is a representaion of the Dragon. Rand is a also a representation of the Fisher King. I'm not sure where right now, but he even comments on how his wounds reflect the struggle with the Shadow.

Guest cwestervelt

It is "The Fisher" and Moridin is not in the Tarasin Palace when he is looking at it. It comes from the Prologue to Path of Daggers. Their isn't any statue present when Moridin is in the Tarasin Palace in the later chapter titled "Unweaving."

The Fisher was always worked as a man, a bandage blinding his eyes and one hand pressed to his side, a few drops of blood dripping through the fingers. The reasons, like the source of the name, were lost in the mist of time. That troubled him sometimes, enraged him, what knowledge might be lost in the turnings of the Wheel, knowledge he needed, knowledge he had a right to. A right!

Addition: I noticed that the original post said one armed, and the Fisher isn't, but it is still the only statue that Moridin has that fits any of the description. If you can provide a reference to another one, they you can prove me wrong.

Guest Majsju

I think the original post mixes two incidents. In the prologue of POD, Moridin is somewhere playing the game with the Fisher. In chapter 1 he is at the Tarasin palace, spying when Elayne and the others Travel to use the Bowl of Wind.

Guest cwestervelt
The Fisher most certainly isn't in Tarasin Palace... ergo the poster is not talking of the Fisher. In any case the fisher was a piece in a game' date=' not a statue.[/quote']

As I said earlier, there isn't any statue in the scene where Moridin is in the Tarasin Palace. Ergo, the statue Moridin was looking at was not in the Tarasin Palace.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=statue

statue

n. A three-dimensional form or likeness sculpted, modeled, carved, or cast in material such as stone, clay, wood, or bronze.

n. a sculpture representing a human or animal

The Fisher, while it is a indeed a playing piece in a game, can also be regarded as a statue. It is also the only item that Moridin looks at that resembles the description provided by the poster. Therefore it is most likely candidate for the statue the poster was refering to.

Luckers, I'm attempting to provide a useful information to a somewhat ambiguous post. If you disagree that I am not talking about the right statue, provide a reference to the one that you think it is. Just saying it isn't the right one doesn't advance the discussion.

there is a thread on this in general wheel of time discussion..."the fisher king,"..its called.he was just mentioned in a game, sha'rah, which moridin says only 9 livin even remembered the game.there are obvious simalarities between rand and the legend

• 2 weeks later...
i think it was the prologue of WH where RJ does a POV from Moridin when he is in the Tarasin Palace. He has a statue of a one-armed man with a clothe over his eyes. I didn.t recognize it my last time through but now that i have read KoD it obviously Rand which shows that what is going on now has happened every time b4.

Maybe then what Min sees is what has happened in the past and is going to happen again? She saw that Rand was going to lose his hand. And he did. But he also lost it before in one of the other lives.

Archived