DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fate Decided (Open ... at a safe distance)

The sun shone weakly through the clouds as the pair of Asha'man made their way toward the stables.  Brent watched from the window of his study as that hated pair crossed the open square.  Seriba and Faringal ... what he wouldn't give to be rid of the both of them.  Defying him so.  Going against his orders and turning his Asha'man against him.  He lifted his brandy glass to his lips again.  Finding it empty, he hurled it across the room into the dormant fireplace.  It was not the first glass to meet such a fate over the last few hours.

"Burn them both to bloody ash!" muttered the M'Hael.  "They can no defy me like that."  The rest of the fools who had voted for the bloody plan were just as bad, but it was Covai that was the source of the problem.  Without him, the rest would have fallen into line behind him.  "I did no work so hard to have it all slip away.  Fortune prick me no."

The other two men in the room said nothing.  They didn't need to.  They were Brent's men to their very bones.  They held their position becuase of their rabid loyalty to him.  Rasin Dominil and Mekim Drandal, Storm Leaders from Illian and Arafel, would do as he told them without question.  His opinion were theirs.  Good men who knew how to do what was necesary.

Directing his gaze back out the window, Brent saw the cursed Storm and Attack Leaders conversing next to the stables now.  "I will no allow it.  I will see them burn first."  Siezing Saidin, with only a little difficulty, Brent wove the makings of a gateway.  He took his time with it, relishing the feeling of Saidin coursing through him.  The light cursed taint washed over him as well.  He giggled slightly.  It was funny how he could hardly notice such filth anymore.  It almost seemed a part of him.  If it was the part of him that rid him off that damned Seriba, all the better. 

The silver blue flash rotated open, revealing the stables only a short distance away on the other side.  "Come with me," he told his lackeys.  Stepping through the portal, Brent felt his anger swelling at the mere presence of the other man.  No, he would no allow Covai to defy him again.

Brent Enios

The M'Hael

~~~~

Arath accompanied Covai to the stables, still irked that he would not accompany his friend to the White Tower.  They had spent the better part of the night discussing what would happen, and while Arath agreed that it was for the best that he stay behind, he did not have to like it.  "If you get yourself gentled and leave me to deal with Brent by myself, I swear I'll come kill you Covai."

Covai only grinned at him.  "And I'll probably be grateful at that point anyway."  The grin slipped from his face as he looked at something beyond Arath.  Arath turned to see Brent stalking toward them, two of his henchmen in tow.  "Blood and ashes ... does he not know when to quit?"  Returning his cocky grin to his face, Covai leaned against a nearby beam.  "Ah, come to see me off Brent?"

"Shut up Seriba.  I will have no more of that from you."  Arath had to surpress a snort.  Not likely.  Covai seemed to have made a game of irritating Brent lately.  He wouldn't stop until the sun turned green.  "I will no allow you to destroy the Black Tower."

"Nor will I let you destroy it," said Covai, his voice level and calm.  "I go to preserve it you fool.  There is no other way."

"You would betray us all into the hands of the Aes Sedai!" roared the M'Hael.  His two flunkies stood to either side of him, nodding in agreement.  "This do be madness Seriba!  Madness!"

"Enough!  You light cursed fool!  If anyone here has betrayed anything, it is you!  We're Asha'man!  Guardians!  You would keep us as your own private army to protect you from the storm that is coming when we should be out protecting those in need of us.  Your idiocy led to the death of a hundred of us in Shienar, and I don't doubt that your next blunder will be worse.  How many Asha'man need to die for your arrogance?  How many many men and women need to be slaughtered by shadowspawn because of your pride?  How many cities and nations need to burn?"  Arath noticed the crowd gathering around them.  Dozens of men who were plainly interested in what was going on, but did not want to be caught up in it.  If felt like a storm was breaking, and everyone was gathered to see the lightnings.  "I've had enough of your goat brained idiocy Brent.  I am going to Tar Valon to make peace and give us a fighting chance.  I will not be stopped by the likes of you."

The only warning Arath had was the feeling of Saidin surge up through Brent.  Before he could even call out, a flame arrow streaked from his hand toward Covai's head.  He felt Saidin leap into Covai as well and saw him weave a shield as he ducked for cover.  The missile deflected upward and exploded into the roof.  Siezing the source himself, Arath threw himself out of the way of the collapsing debris.  He grimaced in pain as he slammed his shoulder into a stall door, then pulled himself into a crouch.  He almost ducked away again as three more firebolts crashed into the building.  One right above his head, two near where he thought Covai was.

His heart almost gave out when one of the bolts ripped through a support beam and the cieling began to give way.  Scrambling out of the way, he dove through a side door as the building sagged and collapsed behind him.  He felt Saidin wink out behind him.  No ... Covai ...

Creeping around the edge of the ruined stables, Arath offered up a silent prayer for Covai's safety and prepared a few nasty weaves of his own.  Brent would die for this.  They will all die ...

Arath Faringal

Attack Leader

OOC: Okay, the M'Hael has gone taint crazy and is trying to kill your favorite BT leaders.  Feel free to react however you will.  However, while I appreciate your concern for mine and Covai's safety, I recommend that you do not try to intervene.  You will most likely be killed or at least horribly maimed.

Tai walked the Tower grounds trying to clear his head. Aria had been at one of her almost childish games again, seeming to delight in attempting to make him miserable. It had been hard not to snap at her. The happenings of the last little while bore heavy on his mind and Aria's games were the last thing he wanted to deal with.

Covai had swung by the house and pulled Arath aside, the two men whispering before heading out. No doubt it was over Brent's reaction to Jarron's order. Aria had not believed him when he had said he had met the Dragon Reborn. He chuckled at the thought, remembering her face.

Just then he heard voices to his left, near the stables. They had the sound of confrontation and one sounded like Covai. Turning a corner he was greeted by the sight of the M'Hael and two of his lackeys, confronting Covai and Arath.

You would betray us all into the hands of the Aes Sedai!" roared the M'Hael. Like puppets the two men behind him nodded woodenly. Covai retorted, heat finally entering his voice.

"...How many Asha'man need to die for your arrogance?  How many many men and women need to be slaughtered by shadowspawn because of your pride?..." A crowd had started to gather outside the stables, mostly men without the Dragon at their throat although he did recognize a few in the crowd.

Suddenly Saidin filled Brent. Light no! A Flame Arrow flew from His fingers and Covai barely had time to throw up a shield. Part of the Stable collapsed as torrents of Saidin filled him. He immediately felt a stab of regret at seizing Saidin. What was he going to do against Brent and his two henchmen? He felt a few of the others fill with Saidin as well. Suddenly Brent sent another bolt crashing through the stables and Tai felt a man start to weave behind him. Whirling he spotted the man, and called out over the noise.

"Stop! don't be a fool Berthos." It was one of the newer men, not yet Dedicated. "Brent would kill you without thinking twice." The man released his weave but not Saidin. Suddenly Tai whirled again as the stables crashed and a whole section caved into dust and rubble. Arath....

- "No, you need to work on your grip. While you're in no danger to get disarmed, you'll likely break your wrist the second you try to--"

Martyn sensed saidin being channeled behind him. While this was nothing odd on the Black Tower grounds in itself, something felt off about the location from where the feeling was coming from. Looking around, he soon found out that his hunch had been correct, and several people were channeling quite furiously from a location nowhere near the fields used for channeling practise.

- "Right, class dismissed. Work on those points people, i expect to see some progress next week."

As he calmly made his way over to the stable area so that the Soldiers studying weapon use under him wouldn't start to panic, that soon changed as one of the buildings collapsed. Biting back an oath, he turned around, shouting an order at the Soldiers before they would realise what was probably going on, do something rash and wind up dead. He liked his students too much to see that happen.

- "Get to the barracks and pull out as many people as you can, drag them out here if you have to! After that, Soldiers will get the civilians in safety, Dedicated support the Asha'men and help out the wounded, full Asha'men assess and engage... What are you waiting for, GO! NOW!!"

Though technically a Soldier himself and thus being outranked by virtually anyone, he still knew his way around battle, and hoped his presence in the Shienar disaster had given him some credit among the men. Whether there would be consequences for him taking command as he had was something he honestly couldn't care less about, there would be plenty of time to handle it when the Tower wasn't going to burn itself to ash.

He then apparently countered his own order by running over to the stables, assessing the situation for when the main force of Asha'men would start to trickle in. Though channeling still posed a problem for him unless it was against Shadowspawn, he was certain he'd still be able to do some good if he adopted the same tactic used against Trollocs when his unit would try and sneak around them to form an encirclement. It felt odd after this many years, but he hoped the drills had been thorough enough not to be forgotten from disuse.

Martyn

Ordering people around

The dice bounced then spun to a stop, snake eyes again.  Geirrin slammed his mug on the table spilling the contents while cursing his bloody ill luck.  The others at the table laughed out loud caring less about the mess on the table as they divied up their winnings.  The were elated after winning five rounds in a row.  Geirrin was beside himself.  His luck had gone from bad to utterly terrible since hearing about the proposed truce with the White Tower.

One of the Asha'man, a Taraboner named Darin plucked at Geirrin's sleeve reminding him that he was late for his trip with the Storm Leader.  Covai would not be pleased when Geirrin arrived late and half inn the bag.  "Bloody fish guts Darin my luck was about to change."  Geirrin said as he stood reluctantly and began making his way to the door.  "My luck has to change!"  Geirrin snatched another and drained it before making it outside.  If he was going to accompany Covai to the bloody White Tower then he was going to be as drunk as he could get and still walk.

Geirrin was still arguing with Darin as they neared the stables.  Darin muttered an oath though it was lost on Geirrin.  Geirrin stopped dead in his tracks as the ground rumbled all around him.  Dust enveloped him as he tripped over a small stone to fall flat on his face.  Geirrin would have cursed though the fall knocked the wind out of him.  Blood and bloody ashes, what in the name of the light was going on here.  When the dust settled Geirrin surveyed his surroundings.  Rubble lay everywhere and the Farm looked like an anthill that had been kicked.  Were the Dreadlords attacking the Black Tower or had some foolish soldier try a weave he had no business attempting he wondered.  He could not believe that his day could get any worse.     

Geirrin Hale

Too drunk to realize what all the commotion is about.

Kelitor was sitting with his back against a fruit tree out behind the Inn, taking a much needed rest after his lessons, when suddenly he felt an enormous surge of Saidin, and heard an explosion.

Damn it all... he thought wearily. He'd seen this sort of thing before. Every once in a while, a Soldier or Dedicated, still learning, managed to burn himself out, usually doing something incredibly stupid. Or maybe the taint had finally gotten to someone.

Either way it was always the Soldiers who cleaned up the mess.

Sighing, Kelitor slid back into his shirt and black coat, buckled on his sword and jogged over to the area where he felt the pulsing of the One Power.

What he saw shocked him.

The M'Hael fighting Attack Leader Arath!

The mans gone mad! Kelitor thought in horror. He'd heard about the order to make peace with the Aes Sedai, and quite frankly thought it was a wonderful idea. It was a direct order of the Dragon Reborn, what was the M'Hael thinking.

He realized that men all around him were filling themselves to the brink with Saidin, some about to weave. Desperate to protect himself, not knowing what he should do, Kelitor reached out for the True Source.

And missed. Cursing, Kelitor clawed furiously for Saidin, but only seemed to catch the oil slick of the Taint. Snarling, he kept trying, and with a sense of lurching, the Source filled him.

Kelitor couldn't help himself, he cried out. He drank deep, and kept drawing, feeling what he thought of as gale force winds, like those that blew over the Black Hills, blew through him. He felt chilled, he felt like he must be sweating and about to catch flame, he felt like he surely must empty his stomach, and indeed he retched slightly from the Dark One's Taint.

He didn't know what do, he couldn't really do anything beyond seizing the Source, but it improved his senses the more he held, so he drew and drew until he couldn't hold another shred of the Power.

Some of the other Soldiers stared at him in surprise, and Kelitor realized he held far more then any of his fellows, although he still held less then any Dedicated or Asha'man.

But with his enhanced senses he could hear breathing from the ruins of the stables.

He also was nearly deafened when a full Asha'man named Tai suddenly whirled and bellowed at a Soldier named Berthos, who was holding a partially finished weave "Stop! Don't be a fool, Berthos. Brent would kill you without thinking twice." Berthos released his weave, but not the Power.

Clutching at the hilt of his sword and looking around nervously, he walked over to Tai and Berthos. At the very least Berthos looked like he knew how to handle himself, and an Asha'man would know what to do.

Kelitor

Holding as much Saidin as he can, hoping he gets told what to do

((OOC: I wasn't sure if Tai is just an Asha'man or is Storm/Attack Leader))

Sereth was walking into the barracks, keeping track of the reactions of the men who had just heard the news of the bonding. The soldiers were edgy, and Sereth was doing what he could to keep them all settled, cracking jokes to some, posing difficult riddles to others, one soldier even got a pat on the back as he looked about ready to break down. A moment later he felt a terrific amount of Saidin being channeled, and rushed out, shouting orders to remain calm.

The Asha'man watched in horror as Brent launched a flame arrow, his heart falling into his chest as the barn fell upon the man who had led them at Shienar. For the first time since he had learned the Flame and the Void from his Teacher, Sereth Arian nearly had the void shatter on him. It was true that he didn't know Covai, had barely spoken to the man, but he admired him. He was a true leader, where Brent was only in title. He led men to their deaths, and felt each wound.

Sereth felt the three soldiers behind him seize Saidin. Sereth turned, catching the half-formed weaves out of the corner of his eyes. The Asha'man began his own grapple with the Source, years of experience rendering the battle second nature. Three cutting weaves, followed by three shielding weaves as each soldier recoiled from the shock. Distantly the philosopher mused that was probably the first time they'd had a weave cut. "Brent will destroy you if you attack him." His voice was low, his anger obvious despite the void.

Releasing the shields, Sereth advanced upon the main party. After a bit of searching, he saw Tai'Dashan, and tossed the man a nod. They were among the few who wore the dragon pin proudly upon their lapel. It was there job to keep the soldiers in line... and protect them if the need arose. This in mind, he turned and faced the battle, watching in controlled awe as the battle unfolded...

Knowing he was outnumbered and unable to count on outside assistance, Arath crept along the edge of the ruined stable, careful to avoid being seen.  His heart raced, and fury raged around the edges of the void, but within the void, he was calm.  He knew he had to do this perfectly.  One mistake would cost him his own life, and probably the lives of many others.

Leaping to his feet, he charged out past the rubble and channeled.  Flinging his arms forward as though tossing knives, he wove air, earth, and fire into a weapon of his own.  Tiny blue missiles of fire darted from his hands and streaked toward Mekim, who stood closest.  The missiles narrowly missed Mekim and Brent, who both dropped to the ground, but Rasin wasn't so lucky.  The first missile impacted his chest, a half second before the other tore through his throat.  He never even twitched as his body flew backwards and crashed lifeless to the ground.

Before the first missiles had crossed half the distance, Arath had launched his second attack, a large pair of fireballs that streaked toward the ground on either side of the M'Hael.  The twin blasts sent waves of flame which washed harmlessly over the shields the two men had woven, but also threw a large amount of dust into the air, obscuring Arath's next move.  Crouching down, Arath wove a large amount of earth and slammed his hand into the ground.  The earth rippled outward in a tortured, rumbling wave that pulsed out in all directions.  Arath winced as he heard the stables groan and collapse even further but tried to ignore it.  Digging Covai out afterward would be the easy part.

~~~

Brent couldn't help but laugh as he fired blast after blast into the ruined stables.  Every time a flaming missile left his hands, it seemed as though his frustrations were leaving him, buried into tomb he was creating for his cursed enemies. 

He was caught off guard by the blue missiles that streaked out from the side of the ruined building.  He barely managed to duck in time, and turned his gaze toward the source of the attack.  Faringal ...  Outrage that the man had escaped death in the stable turned to shock as he saw the fireballs leave the other man's hands.  Reflexively he wove Saidin, air and fire weaving into a shield to protect him from the blasts.  Vaguely he noted Rasin's death in the back of his mind, but paid it no heed.  It wasn't important.

Deftly weaving earth, air, and fire into another flame arrow, Brent let his flame arrow fly just as he was knocked over by the rippling earth.  The bolt of fire flew harmlessly high, and Brent winced as his shoulder slammed into the hard ground.  He heard Mekim scramble to his feet, and rolled himself to the side, trying to stay low and get out of the dust cloud.  Coming up to his knees, Brent through a series of fireballs, sweeping them across the general area where he though Arath might be.  If he do be wanting a fight, I do be giving him one.

~~~

Arath cursed and dove to the ground as a swarm of fireballs came hurtling from the dust.  He heard the yells of surprise from the onlookers, and a scream of pain as someone didn't throw up a shield in time.  As he got back to his feet, a large weave of air forced the dust and smoke from the air.  Arath saw Brent standing over the corpse of Rasin, a murderous glare in his eyes.  Mekim Drandal circled around, a wicked sneer twisting face.  Arath prepared his defenses, knowing that he was probably in trouble now.  He was far more skilled than either of these men, but they were both stronger in terms of sheer strength.  Not by much, but enough to be problematic.

He heard a comotion coming from the back of the crowd, as someone yelled and shoved their way through.  The way his luck was running, Arath knew it was probably Tenim Wulwind, Brent's third loyal henchman.  Another man Arath would like to kill right now.  He'd never really like the Cairhienen fool.  Backing away from both of his opponenets, Arath searched frantically for something to give him an advantage before the other man arrived.  Anything to give him an opening to strike.

~~~

Brent began to circle in on Arath, ready to tear the young Andoran apart.  Arath no longer had the advantage of surprise, and Brent was the stronger and more able of the two.  He was going to enjoy this.  Barring some miracle, Faringal was finished.

An ear splitting explosion suddenly ripped what was left of the ruined stables apart, sending burning debris everywhere.  Knocked to the ground by the blast, Arath narrowly avoided death as a large flaming beam hurtled right through the space he had stood.  The Arafelan Storm Leader had no such luck.  The fiery missile slammed into him with bone crushing force, hurtling him backward to slam into the wall of the inn where he crumpled to the ground in a bloody heap.  The blood drained from Brent's face as he wheeled around and saw the source of the blast.

"Enough Brent.  Now you die."

Glancing quickly around the crowd, Tai was glad to see Sereth Arian. He was one of the only men in the Tower that knew of Chaos, one of the only men he fully trusted.

Tai watched as Arath launched an attack from around the quickly crumbling Stables. Missles of flame took Rasin in the chest and throat, and drove home the reality of the battle in front of them. Oh Tai knew it for a battle, but the shock had not fully worn off until that moment.

Dust filled the air as Arath sent fireballs streaking towards the men. A ring of earth Tai was jealous of, came on next, speeding outward in a ring. Knocking the M'Hael to the ground- no...Brent. He would not call him the M'hael. Suddenly a return volley of Fire was arcing towards Arath's general direction and he heard a few men cry out in pain.

"Out of my way fools! Move for an Asha'man, you goat brained..." The remainder of the words were lost in the noises of outrage and even pain as someone pushed his way through the crowd with elbow and Power. Tenim Wulwind, the fool! Tenim was the third storm leader in the little group that lay one down out there on the field. His rank clear by the embroidery on his sleeves. If he made it out there, Arath didn't have a chance.

Tai's eye caught Sereth's and he nodded at the man, moments before he caught a blond head in the crowd, directly in Tenim's way. No, Aria! His heart leapt into his throat. If the man hurt her...Shouting quick orders to the soldiers around him, he plunged through the crowd, catching Sereth's eye again. He knew that desperation shone in his eyes, that the other man could see it, but he didn't care. Suddenly the crowd opened and a tight ring formed around Tenim...and Aria

"How dare you?!" Aria screamed in outrage. It looked as if the man hat hit her, judging by the mark quickly reddening on her face. Tai muttered a heated oath and got a few surprised looks from the men next to him as he made his way by. Aria was hotheaded and stubborn, she adored Arath almost as much as she did Tai, and would not stand for him to be hurt.

Tenim grinned wickedly. "Get out of my way." He said, his tone low and dangerous.

Aria planted her hands on her hips. "No." She said simply. Her jaw set.

It was too late, the man was too fast and too close to her. There was nothing Tai could do, but he tried. half formed weaves, formed too slow, were released as Saidin surged up in Tenim and Aria cried out, crumpling to the ground. Tai pushed through the last of the crowd and caught her with a flow of Air, just before she struck the ground. With the same flow, he lowered her gently to the earth. Tai was sure she was dead. The caved section of her skull and the stillness of her breast gave no hope. A black coated man dropped to his knees from the crowd, running his hands over her. He had no time to see what rank, he turned his murderous gaze on Tenim, fury exploding outside the Void.

"Tenim Wulwind." He said to the short Carhenien. "You will die for what you have done this day..." Tai's voice was like molten ice. Like the power of Sadin itself. He saw Sereth circling around behind the man, he merely hoped he would not rob him of the pleasure of justice.

OOC: Feel free to have a soldier or dedicated jump in here and try to heal her guys, whoever posts first  ;D

no good tho..she is gone :P

Kura, lets do this.

Sereth felt rage well up inside of him. He saw Tai’Dashan’s desperation, quickly connecting it to the actions of this despicable storm leader. He was behind him, he could end it now. A simple weave, a fire ball, an air razor, anything would end it now. This man deserved it, a death he didn’t see coming, never knowing his killers face… No… Tai deserves the kill…

Never had he seen the man in such a fury, pure, unbridled wrath. Sereth knew the feeling, he experienced it at Shienar, watching friends and fellow Asha’man slaughtered… He wouldn’t rob Tai of this kill. He couldn’t, it’d betray that last moment, before Covai pulled them out of the battle. That moment when the historian, the philosopher, the thinker, all of it was lost in one moment of pure bloodlust.

No, he couldn’t take the kill from him, but he could help him make it. Sereth wove a club of air, blasting the man in the lower back. He followed with solid bands of air, wrapping the man up, crushing him under the force. It wasn’t a subtle weave, by the light; he could have woven the man to sleep. This however, was more satisfying; that last scream was something Tai would relish for the moment. Sereth knew enough about the mind to know it wouldn’t be enough to help… but a moment of fulfilled vengeance might be the last bit of joy his fellow Asha’man had for a while.

He felt the recoil of his weaves being cut, but he rewove them, again and again, suffering each time he did so. “Take him Tai, he deserves it.” His voice was unusually low; the light tone he was almost famous for was stripped from his voice. Distantly, he thought how common that was becoming, feeling a pang of pain for his lost innocence and later, Tai’s, as he was about to make his first kill… That was the price they paid though, for the gift of Saidin.

The Storm Leader was obviously mad with the Taint. As his emotions hit, Tai almost lost the Void. He would have closed his eyes if not for the man in front of him. Rage, Pain, and cascade of other emotions battered the Void, crashing over him like massive ocean waves. Into the Flame they went. All his sorrow, his anger, his fear. And he was calm. Cold and calm.

Pulling Saidin into himself until it felt he would scream from it, he added to the distracting blows of Sereth. Clubs, Whips, and Razors of Air. The man wove furiously, but both Sereth and Tai were about his strength and with skill to match. Methodically Tai supported Sereth's attacks on the man, overwhelming him with blows and cuts.

Slowly he used a fraction of his weaves, branching off trickles of Air and Fire. A net slowly started to form around the man's body. His eyes widened slightly as Sereth threw shielding weaves into the mix. More blows and cuts struck home as the man wove to cut both the shielding weaves and Tai's net. He knew what was coming, and that made Tai smile.

Completing the weave, Tai brought both hands into fists, bringing them downward across his body and crossing his wrists. The weave of Air Razors, coupled with Fire collapsed inward. The man's body was instantly sliced into hundreds of tiny pieces, and incinerated with a weave of Fire. A weave of Air touched with Water slammed the ashes from the air and into the ground. The entire ordeal had taken seconds, but had felt as if it stretched out for eternity.

Tai locked eyes with Sereth. Surely no man's eyes could have held such a gamut of emotions as his. Gratitude for the help, disbelief at what he had just done. So many things. He had never killed a man before...

Valeran ran toward the stables as fast as he could move.  Despite his bulk he was quite quick on his feet, well at least for his size he was.  Endurance was another matter, he was not in shape for running though much better now than when he first arrived at the Farm.   Spending as many years as he had in a saddle did not make him fond of walking or running that he had to put up with during training.

Up ahead in the crowd he spotted a Storm Leader, Tenim Wulwind, making his way through a crowd of onlookers.  Valeran watched in horror as the blonde haired woman barring his path crumbled to the ground.  He did not see the weave the Storm Leader used though he quickly pushed through the crowd to reach her.  An Asha'man had caught her with a flow of air then lowered her to the ground.  Valeran dropped to the ground half out of breath.  He fought to take hold of Saidin, as always it threatened to burn him to ash.  Fighting through the sickening feeling from the taint he quickly formed the weaves to heal the poor girl.  Running his hands over her he laid the weaves on her though he knew he was too late.  He did not need to delve her for injuries to know it, his eyes did not deceive him.  The girls skull was partially caved in, her eyes had glazed over, and her chest did not rise.  His hand went to her head closing her eyes and he offered a prayer for the creator to protect her soul.  As frustrating as it was he knew he could not heal death.

Cursing Valeran sat back on his heels.  He wanted to weep for the girl though he was too angry with the Storm Leader to do so now.  Fuming he stood only to find that two of the Asha'man had already delt with the Storm Leader.  They left nothing of the man to heal, not that he would have done so regardless who gave the order.  The girl did not need to die.  Turning his head he looked back down at the girl, Aria was her name.  She was a sweet girl so full of life.  Valeran was old enough to be her father which only brought back horrible memories of the deaths of his family though at east their deaths could be laid at the feet of shadowspawn not another man who was supposed to protect the innocent, not kill them...

Valeran Kertovni

Can't heal death 

Geirrin got to one knee trying to get his wits about him while rubbing his head with his other hand.  When the dust settled he sobered up quickly though his head was pounding.  He squinted to clear his eyes to no avail.  What he could make out left him bewildered.  Other Asha'man around him were trying to restore order to those who were rushing to the scene.  Soldiers, Dedicated, and civilians stared about wildly.  Some were in shock and others were  trying to decide just what was happening.  If his vision and the shouts from others served him correctly then Storm Leader Covai and Attack Leader Arath had been attacked by Brent and his henchmen. 

Most of the onlookers did not know what to do but watch.  Brent was the M'Hael but most new nothing of him, on the other hand most at the Farm held Covai and Arath in high regard.  Most of them had been trained by one of them if not both.  The same could not be said of Brent and his henchmen.  Geirrin had no doubt in his mind who he supported, he had a reason to hate Brent.  Brent had beaten Geirrin daily when the man could not learn the shielding that Geirrin attempted to teach him.  It was a talent and Brent simply did not possess the ability.  Brent's lack of talent did not save Geirrin from being beaten but it was fortunate for Arath as he was already outnumbered.  If Brent could shield him the fight would be over. 

Geirrin tried to grasp Saidin though the pain in his head and the nauseau from the taint struck him hard forcing him to double over dry heaving.  Saidin surged all around him and he desperately wanted to help his Attack Leader though Saidin fought him every step of the way.  His head pounded furiously and his vision seemed doubled from his struggle with Saidin.  None the less Geirrin was going to grasp it or die trying, he could not just sit by and watch the uneven fight.  He wanted to see Brent die, well one of him at least.  If only he could grasp Saidin and pick the right Brent.  Perhaps he was close enough to place a shield on Brent though not close enough for the two to merge.  The attacks continued as Geirrin battled with Saidin.  It raged trying to rip him to shreds.  It was like trying to catch a dozen slippery eels at once except all of them were fangfish trying to rip him apart.  Geirrin was convinced that he was going to burn himself out, just one slip was all it would take.

A shout behind him made him turn in time to see another Storm Leader or two pushing through the throng.  As the Storm Leader got closer Geirrin recognized the man's features as well as his voice.  Things were going from bad to worse.  Everyone at the Black Tower knew that Tenim Wulwind was Brent's man.  Another shout rang out a woman's voice.  He watched the blonde haired girl fall, was that Aria he thought though he quickly pushed it away as it did not matter at the moment.  Tenim was getting closer and he could not graso Saidin.  Desperately he tried, sweat covered his body like a second skin.  His black coat was saturated.

Out of the crowd came Tai and Sereth both assaulting Tenim.  Whether it was for Aria or to help Arath Geirrin could not tell but surely Arath could not handle another adversary.  Finally Geirrin seized Saidin and formed the weave for shielding.  There were too many people between him and his target to try another weave so he carefully extended it toward Tenim.  Only seconds had passed though it was already too late, releasing the weave he stared where Tenim once was.  The only remnant of the man had been slammed into the ground.  Good riddance he murmured.  Geirrin thought of relieving himself on the ground where the Storm Leader's ashes had been buried though he wanted to see Brent die first.

A blast rang out in the direction of the stables.  Turning Geirring squinted desperately trying to clear his vision.  "Enough Brent.  Now you die."  The words echoed through the farm.  A smile formed on Gierrin's face as he recognized the voice.  Shading his eyes he watched thrilled at the prospect of watching Brent die.  Gierrin's only regret was that he would not be the one to deliver the killing blow.  If there was anything left of the fool's body when this was over then Geirrin would relieve himself on his corpse.  A fitting farewell to the tyrant.  The thought made him smile from ear to ear despite his pounding head.

Geirrin Hale

Enjoying the show!

Following in Tai's wake, he gasped in horror as Storm Leader Wulwind lashed out with flows of Air at the civilian woman blocking his way, visibly denting her skull. Another older Asha'man he wasn't familiar with sprinted up with surprising speed for his bulk and Kelitor sensed him filling himself with Saidin as he ran. Kneeling beside her body he began weaving.

That must be Healing... He thought to himself.

He wished he could do something, but all he really could do was shove the crowd back, and kneeling across from the still-weaving Asha'man, chafed her wrist and took her pulse, hoping the weave would work. He glared up at Wulwind, where Tai was confronting him. Suddenly the Asha'man released his weaving, leaned back with a curse and closed the glazed eyes. She was gone.

She didn't need to die.... He thought furiously, slowly becoming enraged. He worked so hard to stay under control, hating to hurt others, and being stronger then all his friends. But now he was furious.

In the Borderlands, women were always protected. In his home, any man not under the Shadow would rather die then see a woman harmed. And now the Storm Leader- NO, Wulwind (you don't give a dog titles of respect) had murdered one!

The very least he could do was keep her body from being despoiled by battle until it could be given to the last embrace of the Mother. Straightening up, he muscled the crowd away from him, the older Asha'man and the woman's body. Setting himself determinedly he drew his sword and watched with grim satisfaction as Tai blew the dog Wulwind to pieces.

The new Soldier, Kelitor

Determined to guard Aria's body for Tai

((OOC: Valeran, Tai, or someone, feel free to order the Soldier around))

((OOC: Sorry I didn't mention in the earlier post, Valeran is only a Dedicated))

Pushing the thoughts of his family from his head, Valeran saw the young Arafellin man standing guard over Aria's body.  The honorable act was not out of the ordinary for a borderlander especially not for an Arafellin.  Arafellins were honorable by nature sometimes to the point of overdoing it.  Being from Saldaea Valeran knew enough about their people to know this man's worth. 

Patting the soldier on the shoulder he said "Well done lad."  Turning his attention to a gathering of soldiers he shouted for them to grab stretchers.  One would be to remove the girl's body and the rest for the wounded that he was certain they would find when this was all over.  Turning his attention back to the young Arafellin Valeran asked "What's your name lad?"  He waited for him to respond then replied.  "When the stretchers return you can escort the girl's body from the field so she can receive a proper burial."

The Storm Leader dealt with, Tai turned his focus on the battle between Brent and Arath. He would grieve later. A soldier stood with his sword out, guarding Aria. for once Chaos was silent. Whether drowned in a sea of emotion, or simply silent he was not sure. It looked as if Covai had returned to the fight, but with the shifting crowd that had sifted between them it was hard to tell.

"When the stretchers return you can escort the girl's body from the field so she can receive a proper burial." A man with the dedicated pin on his collar, Valeran he thought,  spoke to the Soldier guarding Aria. With a wild, steel cold look he could not force from his eyes, he gripped the man's arm above the elbow. His eyes bored like augers into the other man and he swallowed for a moment before speaking.

"When this is done, find me. Take me to her before it is done. That is an order. Do you understand?" The man nodded, looking slightly afraid. He was grateful to the man for the honor he had shown her, is braids marked him Arafellin and a borderlander, but he would not miss his chance to say goodbye.

For now there were more important things to be dealt with, there would be time for grief later...

The Dedicated glanced at him and gave him a firm pat on the shoulder.

"Well done lad." He then turned and seeing another knot of Soldiers bellowed for them to fetch stretchers, and turning back to him: "Whats your name lad?"

"Kelitor, sir, Kelitor Varashan..." The Dedicated nodded, and now Kelitor noticed Tai watching them out of the corner of his eye.

"When the stretchers return you can escort the girl's body from the field so she can receive a proper burial."

Tai then added, voice rough with feeling: "When this is done, find me. Take me to her before it is done. That is an order. Do you understand?"

Kelitor nodded, and saluted fist to heart to the Dedicated and Asha'man.

"Understood."

A minute later he saw other black-coated soldiers approaching at a run, in pairs, bearing stretchers. Waving a pair over, he carefully transferred the woman's body to one. Calling over a knot of Soldiers with stretchers now laden with the dead and wounded.

"Alright, lets get of here."

With that, he began shoving a path clear for the stretchers through the agitated mob so they wouldn't be jostled, and finally breaking free of the crowd, set a quick pace for the Inn, which seemed to have become an impromptu field hospital.

Kelitor

Getting the wounded and dead out

"Enough Brent, Now you die."

Covai's eyes blazes with anger. Brent had crossed the line. Taking in barely a moment to register Mekim and Rasin's corpses on the ground, Covai stepped over the small pile of remaining rubble at his feet, the air crackling around him. Flames litterally danced around his right wrist as he rose his hand. It was not since the attack on the tower by the Aes Sedai had attacked the tower Covai had felt this amount of rage and betrayal. To be honest, this surpassed even that. Brent was one of the tower's own. His betrayl would not be forgiven.

"You have betayed everything it means to be a Storm Leader. You have attacked your own men and tried to kill them, both by your own hand and by that of your lackeys. You have been blinded by the power bestowed upon you. Your betrayal goes beyond simple foolishness. You are a coward more concerned with wielding strength for your false sense of pride than to protect those we have sworn to guard. I cannot allow you to live."

Eyeing the distance between them briefly, Covai directed his hand towards the M'hael as he wove swirling ball of fire the size of a man's head formed in front of him.

"Arath, I suggest you move." The words dripped with ice from his lips. It wasn't a warning for a friend or fellow Asha'man. It was a statement if he didn't, his life would be forfeit.

Leaving no time to pause, Covai spun on the spot as we wove, slamming his foot down at the same time as his fist pierced the ball of flame, releasing the weaves of fire, earth, and air he had woven around his hand, and the stones he had been holding.

A cresendo of flame and jagged spikes of earth erupted from the Storm Leader's foot tearing through the distance between as it grew in speed. For the first time in his life, Covai felt a purely sadistic pleasure as the the M'hael's defence broke his weave down the middle. The sphere Covai had created had reached its breaking point barely a heatbeat before Brent had split the initial attack. It errupted with a loud blast as Covai's vision as completely filled by the size of the flames the screamed through the air towards his opponent. The Illianer had just stepped in the jaws of death.

The sadistic joy lasted barely a second before Covai was thrown backwards by the backlash of the weave. Bringing himself to his feet, Covai had to shield his eyes from the intensity of the flames roaring around Brent. The peirceing scream of the flames was beyond even Covai's expectations. His eyes however were focused on the explosions in the air around Brent's position. The stones from the rubbles he had a thrust in the flames had been charged to explode. A tied weave of air around them was the only thing that had carried them along the flames towards the M'hael. Once the flames had ripped through the first weaves, the stones explosion was only serving as fuel for the fire, increase their intensity as shard of stone flew wildy.

Covai barely even registered the blood that was dripping from his hand as he stood, brandishing the blade from his hip in a wide arch. He guessed the weave had been more than what he could safely handly, but that was of no real consequence. Walking towards the flames as they slowly subsided, Covai prepared his finishing blow.

OOC: Covai is back peoples!

Martyn had been watching, painfully aware that he could do nothing with the block on him. That one time in Shienar it had come easily, flows of Fire and Earth blending together with weaves from the others in a vortex of death raining down on the Trollocs that assaulted their defenses. He watched as Rasin was the first to fall in the battle, Arath putting on quite a fight despite being outnumbered.

As the death of Makim heralded the reappearance of Covai, he knew Brent was now done for. Leaving the Storm Leader to be finished off by him, he instead entered the field as well, heading straight for Arath. He did not intend to join the battle himself, instead focusing entirely on Trollocs, trying to relive the moments that he had channeled, dredging up memories of how he felt, what he felt and teh feeling of nausea and death that had soaked so deep into his skin he had often wondered if it was ever going to come out again. Probably not.

He channeled a shield of Earth between Arath and Brent, trying to protect the likely weakened man from getting caught in the crossfire. He himself was heading there as well, to check on his wounds the only way a soldier knew how, by covering him from the enemy until further order. It should be mentioned that his shield was a bit erratic, the connection he had with saidin hazy at best, but should Arath have the strength to reinforce it a little it would most likely hold.

The Taint was a blessing for once, providing him with the disgust needed to keep channeling.

Martyn

Assisting Arath

Tai saw everyone step back a bit and shouldered his way after Martyn who set off determinedly. The fool man was going to get himself killed. He stopped dead however by the sheer magnitude of Saidin Covai was wielding. The battle had far progressed from what Tai had seen earlier and Covai was launching an attack with Arath for backup.

A split second later, Covai spun. Punching his fist through a forming ball of flame, his foot struck the ground. Fire and Earth in massive quantities flew toward the attack leader. It was showy, and Brent was going to simply cut the weave...

The man chose to shield it instead. A raging inferno enveloped the man and Tai's jaw dropped open despite himself. Covai swung his blade from his hip and advanced on the now flaming Brent.

All Tai could do was watch in awe...

Valeran was in awe by the amount of Saidin being wielded.  He was still just one of the Dedicated but he was nowhere near strong in the power.  It was dangerous to be this close.  There were weaves being thrown about that he had never seen before.  He began shouting to the Dedicated, Soldiers, and civilians to move back to safety.  He did not say a word to the Asha'man, that was not his place.

Valeran Kertovni - Dedicated

Thinking it might be safer elsewhere

Geirrin still had a smile on his face, he had a feeling that Brent was going to die.  Geirrin was just as strong as anyone else at the farm yet he did not possess the skill or the knowledge to pull off some of the weaves he was seeing.  He watched as one of the Soldiers ran out to Arath's side.  Fool he muttered.  Geirrin was far enough away he supposed but even so he did not feel safe.

Geirrin studied every weave that Covai used tucking it away for later.  He tried to keep sight of Brent though the explosions made him flinch then raise his hands to cover his eyes.  Shifting his eyes he caught sight of Covai drawing his sword and advancing on Brent.  Blood dripped from Covai's hand yet he was certain that Brent was going to die.  Again Geirrin was jealous that he would not be the one to strike the killing blow.

Geirrin Hale - Asha'man

Can't wait to see Brent die 

It took every fragment of Brent's strength to no be incinerated by Covai's attacks.  Pouring out air and fire into thick shields he was kept safe for the most part from the dancing inferno around him.  He was quickly out of air though.  Gritting his teeth and holding his breath, Brent was determined to ride it out.  Covai was not so strong that he could keep this up for long.

The series of smaller explosions from above caught him off guard.  Designed to keep back the heat and flame, the M'Hael's shields did nothing to stop the myriad of stone fragments that suddenly peppered him.  A dozen points of pain lit up on Brent's exposed back, causing him to bellow in pain.  The surprise of the attack was what hurt him more than anything though.  In the first moment of pained shock, he control over Saidin faltered and it threatened to overwhelm him.  Fighting to maintain his grip over the source, his shields faltered and the flames came crashing down on him.

It was only the tail of end of Covai's attack, the last couple seconds, that came through, but Brent screamed in pain.  He felt his clothes char away and his flesh blister and melt in large patches around his body.  The extraordinary pain caused him to forget to fight Saidin.  And in those agonizing seconds, the taint scoured what remained of his sanity from his mind.  As the flames died down, the man who had been Brent Enios laughed hysterically and rose shakily to his feet.

He slowly became aware of dozens of eyes staring at him, many in what appeared to be horror.  He frowned.  He did not like to be stared at.  Maybe if he popped all those eyes they would go away?  Then he became aware of the person walking up to him.  His eyes looked angry.  And he was carrying a metal stick.  For some reason, he wanted to hurt this man badly.  Yes.  That sounded like fun.

With limberness that such a badly burned person should just not have, the thing that had been Brent leapt forward out of the crater he had stood in, and screamed, a wordless roar of hatred and anguish tearing from his throat.  Yes.  This little man needed to die.  Fire appeared around him.  Lots of fire.  Laughing madly again, the ruined Brent-thing wove wildly, cable thick cords of fire spinning around him in an increasingly complicated tangle.  With a final tug on one of the center cables, the whole mass erupted into a cloud of flame which boiled outward.  Through it all, the Brent thing only laughed. 

~~~

Arath watched, stunned, as Covai's attack engulfed Brent in flames.  The heat was so intense that he couldn't watch directly, but above the roar of the flames he could hear a scream of pain.  And then ... laughter.  Incredibly, he watched as Brent rose slowly to his feet, roaring in mad laughter.  Most of his clothing had been burned away, along with a considerable amount of flesh.  Most of his hair was gone, and his face looked like something from a nightmare.  Most of one side had been melted away, leaving the Illianer with only half a recognizable face.

Arath didn't have time to take in more, as suddenly someone was standing in front of him, weaving a protective earthen shield.  Much to his surprise, it turned out to be Martyn Stonebridge.  How the man had managed to work past his block, Arath didn't know.  Nor did he really care at the moment.  "Move you fool!  You're going to get yourself kil-" 

The eruption of flame around them cut off Arath's words as he stuggled to just breathe.  Weaving air and fire around himself, he dropped to the ground again in a protective huddle.  The intense heat only lasted a moment, but it was devestating.  Wincing in pain at the light burns he had taken himself, Arath turned an eye toward Martyn, who huddled on the ground in intense pain.  Cursing softly, Arath knelt down to check his injuries.  It didn't look too bad, all things considered.  He had managed to shield himself, if a bit late, but the earthen shield he had erected had absorbed most of the flame wave.  One of his arms was a angry shade of red, mounds of blisters already forming, and a great deal of his coat had been singed away.  But he would live.  A few minutes in the hands of a healer and he would be fine.  Assuming any of them lived long enough to recieve healing.

Leaving Martyn in the relative safety of his earthen wall, Arath moved out in order to help Covai.  Brent was still on his feet, but appeared to be wreathed in flames of his own making.  He was advancing slowly on Covai, still laughing maniacly.  With every step he launched another attack at the Storm Leader, each growing more intense than the last.  Fireball, flame arrows, jets of flame ... each coming just a little closer to striking home and finishing Covai.  All of Covai's strength went into defending against those attacks.

Charging forward, Arath decided to play to his strengths.  He had few equals at the Black Tower when it came to strength in spirit weaves.  A dozen whip like tendrils of spirit sprang out, and he began cutting weaves.  Fireballs and flame arrows unravelled and vanished as they streaked toward Covai, giving him the reprieve he needed to press his own attack.  Shifting into a more defensive position as Brent's attention focused more on himself, Arath waited, cutting apart weaves almost as they left Brent's hands.  Finish it Covai.

Covai clenched his jaw as someone from the sidelines interfered with their fight. Glaring at the intruder, Covai barely held back a quickly formed fireball when he saw it was Arath. The man had his back, that was for sure. The sadistic smile from before came back to Covai's lip with realisation.

A friend is trying to help save my life, and here I am annoyed he's screwing up my rythmn before the kill

Rythmn....heh

"Well Brent..." Covai's eyes shone with a level of madness he would have normally found sickening, yet there and then found strangely justified. "As the Aiel say...lets dance."

Twirling his sword in the air before slamming it into the ground at an angle, the Storm Leader started beating the top of the pommel like a drum. Weaves of earth sent spears flying from the ground with each strike. A tied off weave of air between the hilt and pommel served to increase the sound of the blasts as each spear flew from Covai's weaves. The morbid ryhtmn of attck only fueled the intensity as the Illianer became a human pincushion before the onlookers of the tower.

ENOUGH!

Sanity slammed back into Covai's conciousness as Brent fell to his knees, three or four earthen spears still stuck in his body. A wave of nausea at his own brutality nearly made him loose control and be swept away by the torrent of Saidin that had started to pull him apart.

Not yet..

Blood still dripping from his hand, Covai pulled his sword back from the ground and began crossing the ground between the two of them. Logic told him he had maybe a few minutes at most before he collapsed, it that.

..not before you're made an example of..

A vision of Callandor flashed before his eyes as he wove. Earth, Air, Fire and Spirit caused a Silver sword to appear in his hand where his own blade had been. He could still feel the cool steel of the hilt in his hand, yet the plusing of the blade matched the earbusting pounding of his heart as his eyes focused on the two pins that had burned into Brent's flesh.

"Justice be done."

The was no longer the same rage in Covai's voice. The attacks so far had drained that from him. All that was left was determination not to allow the Illianer's actions to be repearted.

Stepping forward as he swung, the Silver Sword of the Tower's Dedicated he wielded removed Brent's head from his shoulders, his body still held in place on his knees by the spears of the earth. Letting the sword drop numbly from his hand, Covai leaned forward and picked the traitor's head from the ground.

Turning around nearly caused Covai to fall as his knees buckled. Arath and Martyn were off to the side and were saying something to him, but Covai couldn't make out the words. His ears felt like they were bleeding, and his hold on Saidin was tenuous at best. The fact that he held the entire Black Tower's attention was the only thing that gave him the strength for what he had to do.

"The Dragon's will is ABSOLUTE!"

Throwing the Illianer's head high in the air, Covai wove everything he had into Earth, Fire and Air as a golden flame burst from his hands.

...it was too much for his body and sanity to handle.

Covai felt his balance on Saidin slip as the weave left his hands. At first there was a paused of sweet silence before every fibre of this being was overwhelmed with pain. The torrent of fire and ice brutaly tore his mind and body apart. The last thing the Storm Leader saw before the thickened taint of Saidin took his vision from him, was of a Golden Dragon with flaming eyes, just like the Asha'man pin, engulf the traitors head. It wasn't must in the way of solace, but it was all he had before oblivion swalllowed him

Valeran muttered an oath as Covai fell, hopefully the Storm Leader had only exhausted himself.  He had never seen so much Saidin being wielded by one person.  He ran over to Covai dropping to his knees beside the Storm Leader.  Placing his hands on Covai's head he delved him and had to fight to keep the look of concern from his face.

Valeran shouted for a stretcher which arrived moments later.  Looking up at Arath he asked "I dare not attempt this, he needs Ikkiliad.  The infirmary or his quarters?"  Arath did not answer, his only response was to weave a gateway directly to the Storm Leader's room.  Covai was brought into his room and gently place in his bed.  Standing outside Arath's gateway he looked around at the black coated men who were watching the events unfold.  He shouted for someone to find Ikkiliad and bring him to Covai.  The Asha'man was the only one he knew who possessed the ability to heal the Storm Leader. 

He went to Arath to see if the Attack Leader required healing before he left to aid Ikki with the Storm Leader's recovery though arath waved him away.  Valeran was about to protest until he remembered his place.  ne of the dedicated did not question the orders of an Attack Leader.

Valeran Kertovni - Dedicated

in over his head

Geirrin watched as Covai's earthen spears pummeled Brent.  Again he felt he had been denied the pleasure of killing the fool.  Geirrin desperately wanted to be the one to kill Brent.  He had more reason than anyone to hate the man though it was not to be so he was content to watch the worm die.

When it was all over Geirrin walked over to what remained of the spear pierced body.  He unbuckled his belt dropped his trousers and relieved himself on the mangled corpse.  When he finished relieving himself he spat on the corpse.  "You bloody pile of fishguts, you died quicker than you deserved."

As commotion gripped the farm Geirrin returned to the tavern to resume his drinking.  Thank the Light there would be no trip to the White Tower today.  Geirrin was going to drink himself into oblivion.

Geirrin Hale - Asha'man

Relieved

Unsure exactly what to think as Covai battled the ruined M'Hael, Arath kept his defensive weaving.  Covai was suicidaly focused on his attacks, not bothering to even attempt to protect himself.  Brent kept trying to weave lightning, and only Arath's frantic severing of the weave prevented Covai from being blasted with the deadly rain.

"Well Brent... As the Aiel say...lets dance."

Arath would have been impressed at the flurry of attacks that followed, if he hadn't been so disgusted by the maniacal glee in Covai's face.  How was he enjoying this?  As the earth itself leapt out to impale Brent, Arath shifted his focus to Covai.  If his friend had succumbed to the madness ... Arath kept a tight grip on Saidin, defensive weaves and a strong shield at the ready.

All of a sudden, it was over.  Covai's sword flashed out and took the head from Brent's shoulders.  Brent's expression of shock stayed fixed upon his half ruined face as his head rolled a few paces away.  Covai numbly let his sword fall from his fingers, and stumbled over to pick up the grisly trophy.  He looked to be on the edge of collapse.  Not surprising considering all he had been through in the last few minutes.  He looked as though he had been wrestling with bears for the better part of a week.  Stubbornly though, he clung to Saidin.  A feeble flow compared to the torrents he had been managing moments ago, but still a dangerous amount for someone at his level of exhaustion.

"It's done Covai," Arath said, slowly approaching the Storm Leader.  "Release."

"The Dragon's will is ABSOLUTE!"

The yell caught Arath off guard, so he was unprepared when Covai launched Brent's horrible visage into the air.  Saidin surged into his friend again, and a wave of golden fire leapt from Covai's hands into the air.  With a curse, Arath poured everything he could into a shield and threw it at the Storm Leader.  Covai's eyes had already rolled back into his head by the time the shield reached him, but the weave cut off his now weak link to Saidin.

Arath charged across the short distance and knelt to examine his friend.  The light cursed fool was still breathing, and had yet another gash across his head from his fall along with a swarm of other cuts, scrapes, and burns.  Arath had seen training accidents that looked better than this.  Burn you Covai ... you just had to do one more thing ...

One of the dedicated was suddenly at his side, weaves frantically delving into Covai and searching out injury.  "I dare not attempt this, he needs Ikkiliad.  The infirmary or his quarters?" asked Valeran.

In response, Arath wove a gateway straight to Covai's quarters.  A table collapsed as the weave sliced it cleanly in half, and he heard glass breaking somewhere in the room, but he doubted Covai would care.  Much.  "Keep everyone away from him until I say otherwise.

Waving away Valeran's concerned attempt to heal him, Arath turned his attention to the rest of the farm.  There was nothing else he could do for Covai, but once again there was a power void at the Farm, and the men needed guidance.  Arrangements were quickly made to tend to those wounded by Brent's crazed attacks, and the bodies of the slain innocents were removed.  Nobody seemed to want to touch the bodies of the slain Storm Leaders.  The vast majority of the men of the Tower simply waited, unsure what to do now that the M'Hael had been slain.

Turning his focus to what was left of the former M'Hael, Arath couldn't hide his disgust.  After so many were dead because of his incompetence, Brent had added to his crimes by taking the lives of another half dozen men, this time by his own hand.  And it remained to be seen if Covai would yet be added to that number.  Outrage boiled across the outside of the void as Arath siezed Saidin again, the torrent of ice and fire raging through him.  The ground around Brent groaned and cracked, and it seemed the whole earth trembled.  Arath fell to his knees and wove, digging his fingers into the ground and pouring all of his fury into this one weave, to eradicate the memory of the wretched Illianer.  The earth beneath Brent's corpse crumbled, and as it fell, gouts of flame spurted up.  Suddenly, the whole section of dirt beneath the body sagged and collapsed.  The still impaled body tumbled downward as a massive eruption of fire surged upward.  Those standing the closest shied away at the intense heat as the fiery column burnt Brent's body to ash.

After a time, Arath released the weave.  The fires died down immediately, leaving only a black charred pit where the M'Hael had been.  Arath was sure that if he peered down into that pit he would find nothing but ashes.  Pulling himself ot his feet, Arath gazed out over the crowd of black coats.  Some of them looked grimly pleased, others slightly nauseous.  Some of the newer soldiers looked terrified.  A simple weave of air and fire amplified Arath's voice so that all present could hear.

"Return to your lessons.  Any of you with skill at healing report to the infirmary to help with the wounded.  Attack and Storm Leaders, meet me at the inn."  Arath's gaze swept over the gathered men, knowing what they needed, but not knowing the answers to give.  "This is the beginning of a new Black Tower.  No longer will we serve the selfish interest of a corrupt man.  You will gather at the assembly grounds tomorrow morning, and we will tell you where our future lies."

Turning toward the inn, Arath slowly walked away, the crowd parting around him as he walked the short distance.  As he opened the door, he looked off to the side and noticed Mekim's crushed body laying against the wall.  "Summon dispose of them," he ordered to no one in particular. 

The corpse of the Storm Leader was already gone from his mind as he entered the Inn and headed upstairs.  Burn you Covai.  You'd better not leave me to deal with this alone.

OOC:  Alrighty boys.  We're done here.  Keep posting if you want.  Be hauled off to the medics, bury a body, whatever you want.  Someone can even collect Brent's skull as a trophy.  :-\

Tai watched the spectacle with only mild interest and satisfaction. Done was done. The borderlander from before started to head back to wherever his lessons has been, and Tai grabbed his shoulder. The man turned in surprise and answered his query with fist to heart. Knowing where her body was, Tai could think of nothing else. He thanked the man and headed to the infirmary.

As he walked through the doors his steps slowed, the smell of death and the groans of the dying filled his ears. It felt fitting. Rage and sorrow filled his heart. He felt dead inside, Aria gone and a man dead by his hand. For a wonder Chaos was silent. He had loved her, there was no doubt. years he had spent wishing for the day she would show up at his door and tell him she wanted him back. Then she had. Anger boiled in him, directed unfairly at the woman he loved. If she had come to him earlier, before the Light-blasted Taint, before Saidin!

Tai caught a nearby soldier by the sleeve and asked him about Aria. He spoke softly, his voice cold in the Void. The man stared at him for a moment before directing him to the room they had put her in. It was a special room set apart for those families who's fathers and sons died in training. A place for them to be with the body, to say goodbye.

The white curtain hung like a mile thick wall, separating him and the room they had lain her body in. He raised his hand slowly and parted the cloth. He had seen her fall, seen the wound, but the shock of battle had worn off and the sight of her threatened to buckle his knees. She lay on the bed, her golden hair cascading outward on the pillow. Marring her hair on one side was the thick, crimson blood from her wound. Walking slowly over to her he took her cold hand in his. Memories flashed through his mind unbidden, torturing him with the sight of her, the smells, the sound of her voice. That time on the fishing boat when she first told him she loved him. The summer night as they shared a bed. Tears threatened and he felt as if someone had him by the throat.

It all seemed so unfair. He had told her to leave, told her that it was dangerous to be around him. Pain wracked his soul with fiery agony. Slicing his heart to ribbons and setting them aflame. A choked half-sob struggled its way through his clenched throat. He couldn't breathe. He felt as if some great weight where bearing down on him. "Aria..." His tortured whisper slid from his lips as a single tear escaped the corner of his eye.

He had not released the Void and hungrily reached for Saidin. It filled him, the sweetness of life that was the only thing that even compared to his love for the woman now dead. Weaving a gateway he lifted her body gently and stepped through.

Tai stepped from the room in the infirmary to the sea-cliffs of Mayene. The gateway snapped shut as he released the weave, but not Saidin. The wind whipped his hair about as he carried her body to the edge. Below him the sea crashed and roared with spray. Laying her gently on the ground he bent to softly brush her cold lips with his before standing again. She had loved the sea.

Tai closed his eyes for a moment, picturing her smiling face once more. In his minds eye she whispered the words, "I love you."

Opening his eyes he drew deeply on Saidin, weaving Earth he pulled a grave from the earth between them. Air to lift her body and settle her gently into it. As an afterthought he wove Air, pulling a handful of local wildflowers that grew on the clifftops. Weaving a complex web of Saidin he wove a keeping around the blooms and laid them on her breast.

"I love you Aria..." The wind tore the softly spoken words from his lips as he wove Earth, covering her grave along with his heart...

Though his shield took the brunt of the attack, the fact that his wielding of saidin was still blocked and erratic had taken its toll, and the sheer intensity of the flames had managed to reach him before instinct kicked in, and he dropped to the ground to escape the flames. His arm, used to shield his face from the heat, was red and blistered, he'd have to see someone about that later.

He saw Arath checking up on him before leaving, and he remained on the ground for a few more seconds to regain his breath. Saidin had fled from him again when the attack hit, he was fortunate his earthen shield had held together as long as it did. Still, he was a soldier, and as a soldier was taught only to rest after the battle, not during it. Ignoring the pain that shot up his singed arm, he pushed himself up, using the pain itself to gather the adrenaline required to spur him on. Getting his bearings, he followed Arath again, watching as Covai... destroyed Brent.

He was not channeling saidin, something that was perhaps for the better as it also meant he couldn't feel the massive amounts Covai was channeling in his weaves. Even without them, he was wondering what he was going to do if this elemental onslaught would be turned at him, but such questions were mingling with the dull throbbing pain outside of the Void, with only the light of saidin with him. He ignored it.

After the final blow could be seen high in the air when Brent's severed head was eaten by a dragon of fire, Covai collapsed, and Martyn was with the fallen Storm Leader in a few seconds. A quick overview told him that he would survive his wounds, but he knew his experience to not include channeling fatigue, and especially after a display like this there was bound to be some.

Other Asha'men started arriving, to Heal, to help rebuild the stables, to see 'Ground Zero' with their own eyes before the landscape would be restored again tomorrow. He saw Geirrin relieve himself on Brent's corpse and shook his head, disapproving of it. Regardless of how he had led the Tower, what had ultimately caused his death was the loss of sanity associated with channeling saidin, a danger all of them still faced. That his former nation carried a great amount of respect for the bodies of fallen warriors added a great deal as well, and he was relieved to see Arath channeling to destroy all traces of Brent's body. The last thing he would have wanted to see is for the Black Tower to lose sight of its objectives while dancing on someone's grave. They still had a job to do, in Shienar, and he hated leaving unfinished business.

Realising there was little else he could do, he made his way to the Infirmary to get his arm Healed. Arath seemed to be able to walk on his own, Covai was being taken care of and there were others that were far more useful than his blocked old self as well. There was simply no need for him to be around, given that the majority of what was left of command was present on the scene.

Martyn

Off to the Healer's!