A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Last Battle

Lord Nik

When the Last Battle occurs will  

27 members have voted

1. 1. When the Last Battle occurs will

• The Dark One break free and Kill Time Forver
    • The Light Win and the Dark One is defeated Forever
    • The Light win just to have to re-seal the Dark One in the next turning of the wheel.

Everyone seems to think the Dark One is some overpowered omnipotent being. Yes he can touch the world and change the weather, which required only a circle of thirteen to change back. Not a very large amount of the power there, especially compared to Rand and the Choedan Kal. For all we know he/she/it could be a weak old entity/person. They say the Dark One could destroy all worlds. Rand could too.

As for power levels ive always imagined that the Dark one in his full force matches Rand linked with [insert name of very strong female channeler here] using both parts of the choeden khal, whilst Rand unaided is about the same strength of Ishamael unaided, just my interpitation of things.

Easily acceptable and plausible. But like I said Ishy has never met the Dark One and for all we know he could be a frail guy behind a curtain. My whole belief on this matter is that the Dark One will be destroyed in the Last Battle. Not defeated momentarily, not imprisoned, but completely and utterly destroyed. So I try to reason out how this is possible without Rand getting some extreme luck or the Creator stepping in. Padan Fain is the scariest thing in the books imo.

My basis for what I said was that the DO tainted saidin alone and Nynaeve and Rand with the sa angreal cleansed it, seems equal to me.

actualy Rand and Nynaeve didn't use the One power to cleanse the true source they took the evil of Shadar Logoth and pitted it against the DO's power and the evils cancled each other out thereby cleansing Saidin

sounds crazy but I've read that part several times and thats the only possible answer in my opnion, otherwise how is the evil of Shadar Logoth gone when there done. 

actualy Rand and Nynaeve didn't use the One power to cleanse the true source they took the evil of Shadar Logoth and pitted it against the DO's power and the evils cancled each other out thereby cleansing Saidin

sounds crazy but I've read that part several times and thats the only possible answer in my opnion, otherwise how is the evil of Shadar Logoth gone when there done.

True but it's no small task to funnel the taint(evil) of both places together in the first place

Everyone seems to think the Dark One is some overpowered omnipotent being. Yes he can touch the world and change the weather, which required only a circle of thirteen to change back. Not a very large amount of the power there, especially compared to Rand and the Choedan Kal. For all we know he/she/it could be a weak old entity/person. They say the Dark One could destroy all worlds. Rand could too.

As for power levels ive always imagined that the Dark one in his full force matches Rand linked with [insert name of very strong female channeler here] using both parts of the choeden khal, whilst Rand unaided is about the same strength of Ishamael unaided, just my interpitation of things.

Easily acceptable and plausible. But like I said Ishy has never met the Dark One and for all we know he could be a frail guy behind a curtain. My whole belief on this matter is that the Dark One will be destroyed in the Last Battle. Not defeated momentarily, not imprisoned, but completely and utterly destroyed. So I try to reason out how this is possible without Rand getting some extreme luck or the Creator stepping in. Padan Fain is the scariest thing in the books imo.

My basis for what I said was that the DO tainted saidin alone and Nynaeve and Rand with the sa angreal cleansed it, seems equal to me.

I imagined that the reason Rand needed saidar to cleanse saidin was because they we're opposites. I know traditionally opposites attract, but the image I got in my head was saidar was repelling saidin, but since the taint wasn't the opposite of saidar as it was not saidin itself it was excluded and the darkness appearing in Shadar Logoth was the taint.

Think salt water being put out in the sun, the water evaporates and the salt is left behind. I know it's not directly analogical, but it's the best thing I could think of. Otherwise why did he need saidar? Couldn't he have just used more saidin?

I'm pretty sure he used untainted saidar to siphon the taint off saidin.  I suggest going into your kitchen, filling the sink with water, pouring some oil in the water and siphoning it till you remove all the oil...just make sure to keep the water running so your OP...erm water...doesn't run out.  :P

That is...if a hands-on visual will help.

Rand used the repellent force between saidin and saidar to force pure tainted saidin into contact with Shadar Logoth.  The taint which was on saidin was then attracted to the opposite taint on Shadar Logoth.  Think of magnets ... turned one way, you can use them to repel, turned the other way, you can use them to attract.  Then, at the end, when the different taints were in full contact, the contents ... shifted.  Implosively, when saidin was withdrawn, and the saidar framework went away.

Rand is lucky he survived actually.  Good thing the Choedan Kal were well buffered.

Archived