DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black people in WoT

Builder

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the new artist who is painting "New World" comic series. I will link his page in some min...just have to find it again.

I can link the best pic imo...Birgitte, just like i imagine her

Pq1NDSnJ.jpg

Here is the link http://seamassketches.blogspot.com/search/label/wheel%20of%20time

Remember, the pictures are "testimages" so to speak. He just take a feel at the chars. Some of them is not that good (Rand for example :X )

EDIT: its NOT the artist who painting EYE OF THE WORLD comics :/ but he is still one of the best out there.

Actually the only group that resembles the Ail in height is the Watutsi tribe of Africa. Nordics may be considered tall by European standards but their average height is not 6 1/2 tall for men or 5, 10ish for women.

Not sure exactly what 6½ means in real measurements, but from my rought translation, it does seem quite close to the average in Sweden. (1,80 for people like me, born in the mid 70s, a few centimeters more for those born in the mid 80s)

6 AND 1/2 FEET = 78 INCHES.

I agree Shard. I was just gonna modify my post to write that. Well well. It's true nevertheless  :D

Graendal looks fat. Seriously, she does! Not only does she have too big boobs. Yes, there is something called too big boobs. Her waist is just too large. She's ok, but definitely not someone I would have dated.

Quick question! Who is Gaidal Cain again? I can't remember him.

Birgittes love :) Not a well looking guy hahaha.

Graendal fat!?! What woman ideal do you guys have? Ok, a "little" overzized on top there, but she is not FAT. I wouldnt have dated her though, she have to large boobs imo. Can she even run with them monsters up there hahaha ?

At first glance she would look normal, but then after a while she does look dangerous as you said. A lot of the Forsaken look dangerous, cruel and crazy. Especially Ishamael looks crazy. So crazy that I even get nervous when I look at him. I swear, he's so mentally disturbed I can't look at the guy!!

ishamael.jpg

Nice haircut though.

Builder any time they depict a woman whose bust is wider then her waist is NOT fat or overweight. She is literally a toothpick and two watermelons.

Gaidal Cain is Brigitte's soul mate and True Love through all the ages.

Some of them is not that good (Rand for example :X )

I would say that most of them are not that good.

i only saw five that i thought had any potential towards quality... Ishamael, Gareth Bryne, Samael, Mesaana, and Berelain. the rest of them went from poor to substandard quality.

i only saw five that i thought had any potential towards quality... Ishamael, Gareth Bryne, Samael, Mesaana, and Berelain. the rest of them went from poor to substandard quality.

What? This guy is an amazing artist--I don't understand the criticism. He has done a fantastic job making each character an individual and staying largely true to Jordan's description. I mean, think of all the physical similarities Jordan's characters have--when you've got this many, there's bound to be overlapping traits. For instance, Nynaeve and Egwene--both are short, of average complexion, and possess long dark hair. A sub-par artist would rely on Nynaeve's braid and perhaps their clothes to distinguish the two--this artist manages to give them their own faces. Or what about Lanfear and Berelain? Both are tall, pale, with dark hair, and are amazingly beautiful. Again, a sub-par artist would have to rely on differences in clothes to distinguish the two, but here, this artist manages to give each a unique facial structure while maintaining the traits that RJ uses to distinguish his characters.

Go for a browse through the gallery here, or on deviantart, and compare these to other people's renditions of the characters. I've found these pictures to be the truest interpretation (and not just because it's high-quality work) of RJ's characters I've yet to find.

notorious-big, Sometimes there simply just isn't hardly anything that an artist or a writer can do to please ALL of the critics. However, I agree with you that this artist's renditions are pretty darn good. I would rather have him do the covers for WOT than Darrell Sweet.

notorious-big, Sometimes there simply just isn't hardly anything that an artist or a writer can do to please ALL of the critics. However, I agree with you that this artist's renditions are pretty darn good. I would rather have him do the covers for WOT than Darrell Sweet.

I agree, I think his art is amazingly good. The only portrait I don't really like is Morgase's and I think it's her puffy clothes that are throwing me off.

I think the problem with comic painters today is that they are to mutch influenced by Anime writing. The proportion of bodys, faces and so on is just unatural. I did never like the style realy, but some of the drawings are very natural and VERY good. Birgitte and Min for example, and Logain is just great to. I like the expressions of some of the faces to, realy "live".

Archived