DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black people in WoT

Builder

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's possible. I still think of them as Celts though - the only true 'british' people  ;) :P

Having said that I dont see much of the Aiel in the british people. I'm not sure we have a similarity with any nation in WoT these days. I'm very proud to be British. We have many faults but we are capable of one thing - picking ourselves up, brushing ourselves off and pulling together.

Jeeeeez... where did that come from!? Gotta stop drinking...

What do you guys think of the possibility of the Aiel being Netherlanders? Not quite Nordic, not quite Celtic... they have the tallest average height in the world and are mostly fair.

Uhm, mostly fair? That is not the impression I have gotten when I have been in the Netherlands. From what I have seen, dark hair seemed to be quite dominant.

What do you guys think of the possibility of the Aiel being Netherlanders? Not quite Nordic, not quite Celtic... they have the tallest average height in the world and are mostly fair.

I don not know from the times I have been to the Netherlands I seem to think of them as quite short and scrawny (both the Brits and Germans seemed to be tqller and of a larger build).

Hmm.. ok.. I'm not too sure about this but according to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source) The Netherlands has the tallest average height (184.8 cm (6' 0.8")) apart from Dinaric Alps area, which is an area spread out over 8 Eastern European countries.

I've always thought of the blonde girls with pigtails and those funny frisian hats milking black and white cows when I think of there. Hahahaha  ;D

I went there once, and I saw a few massive humans, but I did see massive humans in Germany too so I see what you're saying there..

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

I don not know from the times I have been to the Netherlands I seem to think of them as quite short and scrawny (both the Brits and Germans seemed to be tqller and of a larger build).

On average, the Dutch are often labelled as the tallest people in Europe:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/12/AR2007081200809.html

U.S. adults lost their position as the tallest people on Earth to the Dutch, who average about two inches taller than the typical American. In fact, American men now rank ninth and women 15th in average height, having fallen short of many other European nations.

Google it, there are loads of sites confirming it, though it might be hearsay.

For sheer size, in terms of muscle mass, from personal experience, I'd say the South Africans, or some Pacific Islanders. For example, the average Tongan weighs one and a half times as much as his European counterpart. So much so that the Tongan national airline limits the number of passengers it carries. Tonga was the only place I'd walk into a bar and feel short ... and I'm 6 foot 2 inches.

Archived