DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Formula 1 Grand Prix discussion thread - no off topic spamming !

Elgee

Maybe it's good PR for them? Being part of F1, I mean. I believe Renault's sales shot through the roof when Alonso won the championship. So maybe they're not in F1 to make money directly, but indirectly.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes they did, in Spain they were not that popular until Alonso won the title.........but what sort of advertising woudl they get then if they left what is widely regarded as the pinnacle of Motor Sport? It is not like three manufacturers can set up a rival championship with only six cars. Anyone who wants to be taken seriously has to compete in the F1 championship, otherwise it is no more serious than the A1 World CUp races

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like everyone is on board for next year now, so all is well on that front.  We will have to wait and see how the budget cap works out.  I think how well Brawn is doing this year puts a huge damper on the need for a budget cap though.

I haven't heard anywhere if Bernie will be giving the teams a bigger share of the revenue now or not??  It only seems logical that he should, since more teams equal more fans equal more revenue at the tracks. 

I can't wait to see Kate's dirty sister next week.  I hope she'll be running better than Monaco.

Archived