DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

argh... *frustrated growl*

Desiree

so I've got this RP site I'm looking at reopening and I've completely rebuilt it from the ground up and it doesn't follow the storyline of the books. no, not at all! the WT splits over indecision of what to do with the BT. I've got all of this part figured out, and have just recently figured out what the heck to do with Gaidin Trainees. However, this is the major part that bugs me:

I DON'T EFFIN KNOW HOW TO MAKE A CLASS LIST FOR THEM TO GAIN IN RANKS! >_< at least I finally came up with divisions for them...

plus I set a grand reopening date to April 15-ish and I only have one active Dedicated (mcs), one less-than semi-active Attack Leader (gerr), and one active technical admin who doesn't RP (tmd). oh, and one guy who said he'd join but hasn't said a hting after he created his character (lord of the dawn) so is pretty much nonexistant on there until he does and becomes active.

so that makes two things that are getting on my nerves >_< no idea for raising requirements for Gaidin and no people...

IDEAS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED FOR THE CLASSES!!!!!

edit: I even went through three hours of trouble making a new animated banner for the site! :'(

well, there are many different ways you can go about it.

You can do the classic "what everyone else is doing" classes--swordforms, wilderness survival, horsemanship, archery, diplomacy/interacting with Aes Sedai, etc.

Or you could do an elective system where you have a bunch of class templates available, and you allow them to choose which courses/specialties they would like to develop their character in, which would allow each player to have a more unique character. That would also allow you to make available character bonuses, pending on which area of expertise they go into (Blade, Bow, Stave, Survival, Scout, Horsies, whatever) You could set it up as:

To reach Youngling, you need 3 classes finished.

To reach Gaidin, you need 4 more classes

To reach a --- Master (Blade, Bow, Stave, whatever you allow), you need -this- many extra classes within your area of expertise, plus two situational roleplays where you exhibit your expertise, etc.

I have a few other ideas as well, but they are more complicated, and really it seems like people want to get through the classes to get to the Gaidin status so they can 'really' begin to rp like uber gaidin gods; so perhaps the simpler the better.

DSage: it's a BT-based RP site and I'm accepting bios for all ranks in WT and BT (except for M'Hael, Keeper, Attack Leader, Demandred, and the Perrin Ta'veren) as well as Chosen and the Mat and Rand Ta'veren. I already have the Perrin one and that's my lesbian character who's going to change the WT ;) I'm accepting Amyrlin, Mistress of Novices, Ajah Heads/Guild Leaders, 2 Asha'man/Aes Sedai bios per Guild/Ajah, 5 Dedicated/Accepted bios, and unlimited Civillian and Soldier/Novice bios.

Far: :o

that's like.... EPIC!!!! See, I do like 3 classes and 1 RP for Novices. There's the Intro to Saidar and Basic Weaves as the two required classes, then they get a list of nearly 10 others to choose from or whatever else an Aes Sedai is willing to offer for an elective. and I think there's 2 required for Accepted and 2 electives and two RPs.

Algai to Manshima

2 classes

1 elective

1 RP

Manshima to Youngling

1 class

2 electives

1 RP

Youngling to Gaidin

1 class

2 electives

2 RPs

I'm also doing divisions for Gaidin to aspire to based on a certain fighting style. at (I'm unsure) either Manshima or Youngling they also attain the rank of Apprentice of [Element]. The elements represent the styles they are best at. Air uses logic as a weapon and cna outthink their opponents, Fire is relentless and aggressive requiring much stamina and endurance, Earth is the more traditional fighting style and includes mounted combat, and Water is the more freeform fighting style where you do as you please. I may add in Spirit and that be archery and exotic weapons. They gain the title of Master upon reaching Gaidin or after Gaidin. the leader of that division would be called Grandmaster.

only thing I can't decide is how many classes would be needed to reach Master. 3 or 4 or 5? the electives they take can be to further their rank in their division, but they don't have to be - which is why I said 'or after Gaidin' to attain the rank of Master. such as say you wanted to strive for Air, but wanted a Riding lesson and Mounted Combat lesson as a couple of your electives. then after you reach Gaidin you'd have 2 classes to take before reaching Master of your element.

that sound good?

chrono: I'm in need of the Amyrlin, Keeper, and Mistress of Novices equivalent for the Gaidin. you wanted to help come up with additional ranks, so any ideas? Master at Arms and Master of Trainees has been used too much and I'm looking for something a bit more original

you could be :P but I already have 1 Chosen in the BT nad don't care to have more than one in each Tower. so unless you want to be masquerading as a Gaidin or have a female Chosen, then i suggest being out in the world wreaking havoc :P

Or wait, since it Alternate Universe/Post-LB, could I just freaking make up a Forsaken name?

Edit:  I mean, I wouldn't make it totally different, but change it up a bit, like Dannedred or something?  :-\

I dunno, probably stupid anyways.  But I could definitely create the name of my guise! >:D

a totally separate site, lol. one I've had for a while that shut down due to inactivity that I reconstructed from the ground up, gave it a better ongoing plotline, and am now trying to find people to join - or at least opinions. this is the first place I've gotten people with interest in it and it started out as a rant because it was giving me a major headache at the time! :o

the picture is a link. all you do is create your account (the name of your character) and write a biography of you as a Forsaken and how you came to be in the WT using the guideline under the introductions thread. you can even hint at what you want your character to wind up doing

Archived