DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Edana Keller: Tower Guard (WS 14)

U4ea

Requirement in progress: Arrival thread

1.  Which Req it is: Arrival

2.  For What WS it is: newbie-hood

3.  The link to the actual thread: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,39638.msg1031450.html#new

4.  A short summary of the RP and the objects you met for the requirement: Umm... Edana came, played verbal sparring time with Kynwric, and somehow managed to talk the dude in charge to write her name down on the rolls. ;)

EDIT: Req approved, I edited the title so Eqwina can assign WS - Sieve

• 2 weeks later...

That's why I like you so much. *tousels his hair and grins*

Requirement COMPLETED:

1.  Which Req it is: Evaluation

2.  For What WS it is: 1-2

3.  The link to the actual thread: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,40016.0.html

4.  A short summary of the RP and the objects you met for the requirement: Edana and Sandre make a friendly bet. Sandre challenges her to a spar. If she loses, she has to wear a dress and go out to dinner with him. If she wins, Ed gets a new sword. They spar; Ed loses. Then Sandre has to deal with the guilt of banging her up too much... *laughs*

Looks good! Sieve

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Weapons Score 3 to 4:  1 requirement fulfilled (will have basic survival skills at completion)- Responsibility requirement

Letters Home (getting away from the Responsibility portion of the thread, so that part's done!)

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,40847.0.html

Kynwric enlists Edana to play messenger between Loraine and himself, making sure that Lor gets the information he's scouting for and returning with whatever details Loraine is able to piece together from her reports and her access to the library at the WT.

WooT! THANKS!

so, How about this one and I'm ready for my TG ceremony?? *bats her eyelashes*

Weapon Score 4 to 5 – 1 requirement fulfilled (will know Intermediate Forms at completion)- The Challenge

This is how you say Thank you?

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,41562.0.html

Edana runs into Kynwric after returning home from the messenger trip and challenges him to a drinking contest. Who won is anyone's guess. I'm going with Ed since Kyn threw up first...

Final Steps: Edana Keller

Experience:

Edana came to the Tower without a purpose. Having turned herself away from her former life in the Queen’s Guard, she needed much more than a home. Through training, she’s found that.  She’s found an acquaintance who has become a friend and met a man who has given her something she never thought she’d find: love. Through her training, she’s refined her skills with a sword and put names and purpose to the motions she already knew.  Moreover, she’s learned to control herself and has (mostly) conquered her temper enough that it doesn’t control her, anymore. Training using the Path of Water as her guide has taught Edana to think more before she acts, which has helped reign in her wild abilities with her weapons as well as give her an air of wisdom.

Fighting Style/Discipline:

Edana is choosing the Path of Water Discipline because it most nearly matches her outlook on life. Her ready easy nature flows easily into the Discipline and she’s demonstrated her patience by not “showing off” during her trainings, even though she already knew some of what was being taught. She believes that there’s always something new to learn and that learning it is her duty as befitting her station as a Guard. She’s always been well aware of her faults and the limits of her physical self, as well as her relatively limited knowledge of the world outside Caemlyn and the Tower.

Philosophy:

I couldn’t find this (and I looked!), however I talked with some folks and I think the best choice for Edana is the Spring. This fits with her fighting style rather seamlessly, so it just made more sense than the Flame.

Weapons:

1st:  hand and a half sword:  This was chosen for Edana because it’s what she’s the most familiar with. As a Captain in the Queen’s Guard, she was trained how to use one as a basic weapon. That knowledge has followed her to the Tower.

2nd:  throwing knives:  These were chosen mainly for ease of use for Edana. After the fiasco with her brothers in Caemlyn, she believes that the more weapons she has on her the better and these fit in neat places that aren’t readily visible.

3rd: Long bow:  This was chosen for Edana because I’ve always loved archery and I actually used to shoot one when I was younger. With that background knowledge, it will be easy to fit Edana into it. :- )

• 3 weeks later...

WS 7-8 – 1 requirement fulfilled: In the Town

Edana's celebration of being Promoted

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,43674.0.html

Edana and Sandre plan on a night out to celebrate her promotion and meet Kennar (another TG) as well as Lor and Kyn while they're celebrating. They reminisce, they laugh, they drink... it's all good!

Which Requirement are you filling.  This is an elective and the requirement to be filled needs to be listed as well as the elective...

So please edit and include the right elective.  Its one of the ways I keep track of what you've done.

If there is no elective option just put elective I and I will make the needed changes (but let me know so I can make those changes)

Mat