DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So um THAT was the Last Battle??

TheGreyishGrayONE

On my latest re-read, I started thinking about the LB and all that fun stuff and through divine intervention, (or lack of sleep, you decide) I came up with the idea of the LB being kinda sorta anticlimactic-ish. I mean wouldn't it be just like RJ to build up this entire story to make us believe there will be some sort of huge battle with hundreds of thousands of people, and Rand fighting the DO, only none of that really happens? Talk about shocker. Like if/when Rand breaks the seals absolutely nothing happens? Or that the battle is only what is going on inside Rand's head and the seals were the only thing fully holding back his sickness/madness? Maybe it's just me but I think it'd be really cool if the DO AND the Creator were both "inside" or represented physically by Rand and that the journey to the end was the actual battle, not some cliche big fight at the end for everyone's souls. Try interpreting the "to live you must die" prophecy as Rand figures out he can live forever as either the new "supreme being" or that he can sacrifice himself so it can all happen again. We don't have a lot of info on LTT other than what is in the prologue of tEotW but maybe that choice was what made LTT go insane and only after he realized how much he loved and lost decided to sacrifice himself to save what was left. Maybe it's just me, but I could SO see RJ doing something like that. Yes, I know there are holes in this theory, but I still think It'd be cool, and RJ would fill those holes one helluva a lot better than I ever could.

Tear it apart people, it's my punishment for not sleeping as much as I should.

NO! Brandon Sanderson has already intimated that the last battle will take about 2000k words to describe (approximately 600 pages).

Plus you're internal fight scenerio would of have to have been setup before the last book. Moreover, Rand cannot be a Supreme Being (either Dark of Light) that lives forever, besides fact that Creator and Darkone are eternal beings (you cann't kill them or replace them) immortality would quite literally break the Pattern and Cycle of Time. If Rand becomes immortal he lives throughout all ages, there is no need for new reborn Dragons which means that since time is cecular the Real Dragon is not Rand but is some character that has been around throughout the story but which we have not met yet. RJ would not do this to his fans.  I suggest you take a long nap and rethink your theory! 

I mean wouldn't it be just like RJ to build up this entire story to make us believe there will be some sort of huge battle with hundreds of thousands of people, and Rand fighting the DO, only none of that really happens?
No. Climaxes are something RJ tended to do very well, and Sanderson is known for doing well as well. Say it is counter-intuitive to assume that the guy who planned this planned an anti-climax, and the guy writing it will pull off an anti-climax, given that history tells us this will be awesome. Furthermore, what little information is available tells us that there will be a big battle with lots of people involved. There is even a competition to get your name in the book as one of them.
but maybe that choice was what made LTT go insane
No. It was the taint.

If you consider the fight between good versus evil, the entire series is one long battle. I think TG isn't going to start with a boom though, we might not even notice the beginning at first. Maybe the opening blows were already dealt at the end of Lord of Chaos, being fueled by a splitting apart of ties between the Ajahs (the shadow's greatest opposition) and the spreading of the Shaido along with their destruction. Rather than just humans versus trollocs and dark channelers in the boring old fashioned way we'd see chaos spread so everybody's fighting each other at the same time.

Plus you're internal fight scenerio would of have to have been setup before the last book. Moreover, Rand cannot be a Supreme Being (either Dark of Light) that lives forever, besides fact that Creator and Darkone are eternal beings (you cann't kill them or replace them) immortality would quite literally break the Pattern and Cycle of Time. If Rand becomes immortal he lives throughout all ages, there is no need for new reborn Dragons which means that since time is cecular the Real Dragon is not Rand but is some character that has been around throughout the story but which we have not met yet.

Eternal beings cannot be killed/"replaced"?  That to be would be doubtful.  The Forsaken have been given immortality and some of them have been killed.  Also, this series was slightly based on mythology and deities have died in mythology.

An immortal Rand would not necessarily mean no more Dragon Reborns.  After being resurrected, there might be a chance that Rand would go to some unconnected world; or he might be permanently changed into some non-human creature; or he might be killed in spite of being immortal.

Rand being immortal to me is not a problem.  From the Dark Prophecy (Great Hunt Chapter 7), the dark side seems to think that the Dragon Reborn could be immortal.  And he and/or Nynaeve might Heal death which could imply being a deity.  Also, Nicola foretold that the Dragon Reborn would do 9 impossible things (Crossroads of Twilight Chapter 17).

The forsaken are not immortal, they were promised immortality but they are not immortal. Yes they have lived 1000 years, but that is because they were sealed away in the bore, and because they are channelers unbound by the oath rod.

The forsaken are not immortal, they were promised immortality but they are not immortal. Yes they have lived 1000 years, but that is because they were sealed away in the bore, and because they are channelers unbound by the oath rod.

They have lived for +3000 years ;) Yes they are NOT imortal, the first 2 forsaken Rand did kill was VERY old looking and allmost skelletons (they where not protected by the seal as the others...not totaly)

Luckely for us it seems like RJ himself have written the last battle (Brandon did write that RJ have finished it, and Brandon have to write up to it, over half the book)

An immortal Rand would not necessarily mean no more Dragon Reborns.  After being resurrected, there might be a chance that Rand would go to some unconnected world; or he might be permanently changed into some non-human creature; or he might be killed in spite of being immortal.

Since Rand would presumably retain his soul going to another world or being turned into an animal so his soul could not be re-born in another person who would be the dragon reborn. Both the Creator and the Dark One are creatures outside space time, that can not be killed within space/time. Thus how does a creature from this reality in space/time become a creature outside space time.

Both the Creator and the Dark One are creatures outside space time, that can not be killed within space/time. Thus how does a creature from this reality in space/time become a creature outside space time.

I seem to remember a thread mb started about believing Randland to be flat; maybe Rand falls off the edge?  :D

Archived