DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A bit wet behind the ears. Guidance appreciated. (link to intro)

JainFarstrider

Hi everyone. I just got my bio cross-checked, but i am a little unsure how to begin. I think that i have to make an arrival to tar valon thread. Though, what would come after that i'm not sure. Also, how do I know what my starting weapon score is.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Thanks for everyone's insight. Join in at the intro thread if you please.

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,39335.0.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!

Your WS is really not a big deal so just start RP'ing, get your intro RP done first.  As Raeyn said the Staff will get you sorted out.  They will assign you a Weapon Score(WS) somewhere between 0-4.  There are Reqs that are required and those that are electives.  You will find the Reqs broken down here

So basically get your Intro RP underway and by the time that is complete you will have your WS.  Then you will know how many classes (Reqs) you need to complete to get to the next stage which is a Tower Guard.  So In the mean time look at the Reqs for Trainees on the Warder Advancement page.  You can begin planning what classes you wish to take.  When you are ready to take a class just post here in the Division forum and someone or several someones will offer to train your character.

I think that covers it in a nutshell.  If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask. 

*pets Sieve* good boy! *gives a treat*  ;)

Sieve is correct and you did the right thing. As soon as your intro thread is done I will assign you a WS  :D If you have any questions, comments etc please do not hesitate to ask.

Welcome!!! :D

Crystal

Yup!  If it's been a day or two, just shoot the person in question a PM inquiring after it.  I'd not recommend asking too too too too much about it just in case they're totally aware they owe a post ('cause then they might get fire-breathing cranky!), but sometimes people forget. :)

Jain,

Intro threads do not usually get a lot of...response from others.  It is not that people don't want to join in just that most people are eager to get their characters rolling so they usually just have someone point them in the right direction then go meet the MoT.

So basically it is up to you.  You can just post having your character show up at the door of the MoT's office (don't forget to knock) or you arrange for another character to interact with your character along the way.  If so just post here asking people to come interact with your character.

Hope that helps! 

*smiles and pets Sieve* I just checked the thread, the last post on it was Monday. *smiles at Jain* I think someone is a little anxious to continue, because a day and a half is not a stand still ;D

If it goes more than  three or four days it is appropriate to poke someone. You have my express written permission to use a stick *grin* As much as we would like too ,not all of us can post every single day, so it is not uncommon to have to wait 24-48 hours for a response.

Another one of the things I will be fixing is a better outline of what to do and what to expect once your bio is approved. I do not think it’s very clear right now. As it stands you can move on while you are still doing your intro. No need to do only one RP at a time.  ;D

So never fear Jain, no one has forgotten about you :-*

Oh, alright, i think i understand.

Thanks everyone for your knowledgeable insight. Especially Sieve, you have been most helpful. I guess i am a little anxious to continue, so i'm sorry if i'm being annoying in my persistence. Though, i do have one more thing, what is a stick, what thread do i use it on, and how.

Alright, here it goes.

Excuse me Warders DR division, *thump!* I'm looking for people to interact with on my intro thread, link is at top of page. Thanks.

-Jain Farstrider

*laughs* You fit right in around here.

I scanned your thread and if you are ready for the MoT give me a poke. I have a few other threads to answer tonight before bed so I can add yours to the list. If you want to wait that is great too.  :D

I could jump have Sandre get you to the MoT at least if you want :) I havent checked in a day or so to see if you are there yet. Last I checked you were at an INN. Besides.... Sandre has to fix that nasty first impression with the Tower Guards since I am not sure being a warder is in his future... by the way hes still a trainee if you need help getting some reqs done.