DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Faile Jealous???? Who says?

Ndshacker

I think it's a pretty natural thought for him to have. It's not unusual for a person who is in love that strongly to be sort of blind about the other person's faults. You just don't want to think anything is wrong with them; to you they are perfect. And then, when the initial 'in love' feelings start to fade...

Perrin is a realist. He knew how strong a woman Faile was the minute they met. Yes, Faile is extremely jealous, but Perrin deals with it because she won't change and he can't make her. Perrin isn't going to shout out that she's the most jealous woman in the world wether he sees it or not. Admitting it was good enough. Anything else might have put him in hot water.

Perrin is a realist. He knew how strong a woman Faile was the minute they met. Yes, Faile is extremely jealous, but Perrin deals with it because she won't change and he can't make her.

I don't think the two match very well; jealousy & strenght.

In my opinion jealousy that extreme is a dangerous sign of weakness.

Perrin is correct in his assessment of himself as a slow thinker...  ;D

Hehe. That had me laughing.

You are very right, Mik. But she is both and that's the reality. Perrin, in his own way, can set her straight and with his strengths and weaknesses, they make a good pair even if the world think they are crazy to be together. I have seen many couples like Perrin and Faile and many of us are wondering how they keep from killing each other or why they would ever stay together, and they are very happy with each other.

Go Figure.

You also have to take into account the cultural differences between the two.

Faile keeps waiting for Perring to act how she thinks a man is supposed to act, the way they do in her home country. Perrin is a man of the Two Rivers and had no idea what she expected.

Things did cool down to a degree once he started yelling at Faile and ignoring Berelain.

Archived