DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If not for Moraine...

GrandpaG

Without Moiraine, the last prophecy of Gitara Moroso about the Dragon Reborn would have been heard by a different Accepted. And I'd hate the idea of that Accepted being someone like Elaida

but Elaida wasn't even an accepted at the time.

maybe it could be someone else who would turn Red, but it could never be Elaida herself

From the Encyclopaedia WoT:

As Accepted, Elaida makes life miserable for Moiraine and Siuan as first year novices. (NS,Ch3)

Elaida was Accepted while Moiraine and Siuan were novices, true.  But Elaida was a Sister when they were Accepted.  She "helps" them prepare for the test for Sisterhood in New Spring as a Sister, IIRC.

Without Moiraine, the last prophecy of Gitara Moroso about the Dragon Reborn would have been heard by a different Accepted. And I'd hate the idea of that Accepted being someone like Elaida.

Yeah, but she'd probably misinterpret it like she has nearly all of her own Fortellings.

*Bangs head against the table*

Like Elaida!

If I see a lookalike of Elaida running around in a red dress doesn't mean I've actually seen Elaida.

I gave that quote because I knew she wasn't an accepted with them but always a step above. xP

She might have had lackeys or girls who idolize her.

*Bangs head against the table*

Like Elaida!

If I see a lookalike of Elaida running around in a red dress doesn't mean I've actually seen Elaida.

I gave that quote because I knew she wasn't an accepted with them but always a step above. xP

She might have had lackeys or girls who idolize her.

Got it.  Why you put the quote was slightly ambiguous.  Because you quoted ROB 88's post, it just seemed to me that you were disagreeing with him.  I understood the second half of that post, just wanted to clarify the first half.

Archived