DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If not for Moraine...

GrandpaG

Talk about being a part of the "pattern".

What would the series have been like if Moraine had never been born?

Lan would be dead someplace in the Blight.

Matt would be milking cows.

Perrin would be a blacksmith.

Rand would be a mad channeler like Owen.

Nynaeve would be curing people with herbs and listening to the wind.

Egwene would have died trying to touch the source.

The BA AS in New Spring would never have been defeated.

Siuan Sanche would not have had anybody to talk to as a novice.

King Laman would have had one less niece.

Thom would not have fallen in love with her.

Emonds Fielders would not know that they were descendants of Manatheren.

Feel free to add yours (fun thread).  :)

Matt would be milking cows.

Perrin would be a blacksmith.

Rand would be a mad channeler like Owen.

Or they might be dead.  Myrdraal and Trollocs attacked the Two Rivers, remember.

In fact, without Moiraine, the Two Rivers would probably be destroyed. 

The Forsaken would all be running amok. 

Merean would never have been killed. 

The Eye of the World would never have been used.

Callandor would remain in the Stone of Tear until kingdom come.

Shienar would probably have been overrun like Malkier.

The Aiel would never find their Car'a'carn, or the Forsaken would make a puppet Car'a'carn.

Things would be looking pretty grim.

As frustrating as it was that Lanfear got reborn anyway, it was nice to see that she was under someone else's control for once. ^_^

Reborn is the wrong term.  Either she was severed and got Healed or she was killed and got resurrected; neither is being reborn.

Do you think Moiraine might be coming back, too?  Somehow, I don't think her part of the story is quite finished, especially after seeing Lanfear come back.

Egwene had a dream telling that Thom would rescue Moiraine from the Aelfinn & Eelfinn.

As frustrating as it was that Lanfear got reborn anyway

Do you think Moiraine might be coming back, too?  Somehow, I don't think her part of the story is quite finished, especially after seeing Lanfear come back.

Mat have allredy decided to rescue Moiraine, with 2 companions (dont remember who, but i think Thom was one of them) Mat knows how to get to her and will do so.

Mat have allredy decided to rescue Moiraine, with 2 companions (dont remember who, but i think Thom was one of them) Mat knows how to get to her and will do so.

Mat, Thom, and Noal.

Guest Dreadlord

Rand never would of started his list !

Moiraines name wasnt first on the list-a lot of the Aiel women on the list were dead before the Lanfear incedent; Rand put Moiraines name at the top of the list.

(EDIT-Just realised, of course he wouldnt have started the list as he would never have left te Two Rivers. My mistake)

The Black Tower wouldnt exist.

The Green Man would probably still be alive.

The Aiel would be whole.

Saidin would still be tainted.

The Amayar (sp?) wouldnt have committed mass suicide, and the female Choeden Kal would still work.

By the end of KoD the weather would have killed a lot of people due to famine.

don't forget Min's viewings of her.

she said that Moiraine is the only one she's been wrong about, but she can't be wrong so Moiraine has to come back

Guest Dreadlord

Moiraines return will help Rand remember his humanity I reckon. Cant wait, that scene when Rand first sees her again is one of the bits I am looking forward to most of all

Moiraines return will help Rand remember his humanity I reckon. Cant wait, that scene when Rand first sees her again is one of the bits I am looking forward to most of all

Yeah that should be a great scene, especially since everyone will understand why Rand hasn't been able to kill women yet, because if he was able to by now, he would probabley balefire Moiraine thinking she was one of the Forsaken disguised before he realised it was her, now that would be ironic.

Oh yeah - I had forgotten all about that stuff with Mat.  Sorry - it's my first read-through of the series and I only just recently came onto these boards and off the structured discussion.

I'll be really glad when Moiraine comes back - she was one of my favorite characters before, and I'm sure she'll be even more awesome when she comes back.

The Eye of the World would never have been used.
Probably not; Aginor and Balthamel got there 'independent' of what Moiraine's group was doing, so the Green Man would probably be dead, the Eye drained, and Balthamel in charge of the Horn of Valere.

Grim, indeed.

No the Green Man would've died anyway due to the Taint.

But it would definitely have taken longer.

Without Moiraine, Nynaeve and Lan would never have fallen in love.

Without Moiraine, the last prophecy of Gitara Moroso about the Dragon Reborn would have been heard by a different Accepted. And I'd hate the idea of that Accepted being someone like Elaida.

I would enjoy the scene where Rand sees Moiraine again for the first time, he would probably think it proves the fact that he really is insane.

Without Moiraine, the last prophecy of Gitara Moroso about the Dragon Reborn would have been heard by a different Accepted. And I'd hate the idea of that Accepted being someone like Elaida

but Elaida wasn't even an accepted at the time.

maybe it could be someone else who would turn Red, but it could never be Elaida herself

Without Moiraine, the last prophecy of Gitara Moroso about the Dragon Reborn would have been heard by a different Accepted. And I'd hate the idea of that Accepted being someone like Elaida

but Elaida wasn't even an accepted at the time.

maybe it could be someone else who would turn Red, but it could never be Elaida herself

From the Encyclopaedia WoT:

As Accepted, Elaida makes life miserable for Moiraine and Siuan as first year novices. (NS,Ch3)

I know she's several years 'higher' than Moiraine and Siuan, that's why I said someone likeElaida.

Someone with her frame of mind, rather shortsighted.

Archived