DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

!!! HELP !!! ~~Inter Div Ideas~~ !!! HELP !!!

TaiDashan

Hiya Banders!

I have a Dedicated of the Black Tower named Tai'Dashan who is very close to being raised Asha'man. He likes long walks on the bea- oh wait...sorry.

Ok joking aside, I need an Inter Div RP (minimum 8 posts) to do before i can be raised. I know that Asha'man are stationed within the Band from time to time so I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to find myself there. However once there I need someone to RP with! I am fairly open for suggestions...Ok, so as long as it doesn't kill him I'm pretty much up for anything! I post at least once a day (when my threads have responses to post to :P)and so am very active on the forums. The other day I completed an 8 Post RP within 3 hours with someone that was online the same time as I was!

Ok, ok....long story short I'm looking for an RP, the more interesting the better.

A little about Tai? He is 26'ish medium build, dark hair blue eyes. Eager to be liked and is very warm and friendly and hates the shadow with a passion. He secretly wants to be a blade master (although he doesn't realize it yet hehe) and loves the sword. (hey maybe you could teach him or something! As all BT members (well most of them) the taint has made him hear voices. Well...one voice, its kind of an alter ego thing. From time to time the darker part of himself intrudes and offends his kind, good-hearted self with rude lascivious and even obscene comments. Maybe that's more than you need to know, maybe its not enough. Feel free to PM me or Post here even, with thoughts or ideas.

*Hovers over keyboard waiting for a response....* ;D

Hmm... Well, if you want InterDiv, chances are you'll end up with either me or Tigs (or both) in the thread ;D

But yeah, i have a Bander myself. Borderlander, currently trying to get some skill with a blade and bow though not much ability to speak of yet. Interested?

Absolutely! I think that would be great! Especially since Tai is looking to learn more of the sword as well, common interest you know! lol. Add me on MSN and we can work out the details. I will probably be able to post around 12.30p MST today (my lunch break :P) so I can get a thread started then if you want. If not then i should have sometime once i get home tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

1. you need to go check with the bt staff

2. generaly nudge them again if it passed a week without hearing anything in case they forgot

the bt staff will contact the band if needed (asuming they dont just have an arangement with them on these things since the bt has some people stationed in the band), either way all interdiv rp aprovals need to go internal in staff..so you only need to contact one person ;) in your case someone on bt staff and they will handle it from there and get back to you

hey, sorry if there's any problems, it's just that those of us that are active in the band right now are having trouble operating without any leadership and most of the people here are still recruits so they don't know how things are run. We're doing the best we can with what we've got.

If I may interject my own humble opinion?

No problem with what you've got going in the current RP.  Things like this, if memory serves, were part of the planning process for the alliance between the Band and the BT.  Training RPs, as such, aren't quite subject to the same rules as a normal inter-Div RP.

However, in general, all inter-Divisional RPs need to be cleared with the DLs.  The planner sends the outline to his or her DL, who approves it and sends it on to the DL of the Div in question.  It is also generally accepted to wait a week before poking somebody else, be it the DL or an Admin; staff work at DM is entirely voluntary, and staffers often have lives outside DM that require their attention.

Occasionally, one also needs to take into account technical issues.  For instance, I sent a reply to Tai on Thursday (according to the copy of the message in my Outbox), but it apparently didn't go through.

I may not reply thirty seconds after you send me something, either via e-mail or PM, but I do read what I get, so feel free to poke me.

I only received the PM at 9:07 PM on November 11th, and my Outbox shows a reply at 11:38 PM on November 13th.  Either way, a week would be 9:07 PM on Tuesday, November 18th.  The 'one week' guideline has been in place for several years, as you should well know, Christine.

I can't really provide any guidance, Blade, if nobody asks for it.  Back when I started, the Band was generally independent when it came to intra-Div roleplays, and I see no reason to change that.  Independence encourages creativity, and I can't see any reason why anybody would want somebody else to come up with all of their roleplays.

sorry quibby, not looking for a fight here, just feeling a bit overwhelmed right now since it feels like I'm kinda guiding everything here right now. Seems like if we want the Division to continue to grow and stay stable we need everyone coming up with ideas for Roleplays. When I was here 2 years ago it seemed like there were roleplays setup regularly by those in charge in the division...now that doesn't seem to be the case at all. That was what I was meaning by more proactivity. I've got a number of good ideas I'm working on for roleplays though, but for main plotline stuff such as battles and things like that we need you to be coming up with those. I'm feeling like the band could use a good battle thread sometime soon to advance the world RP.

Tai's not a Bander.  That in itself should say it all.  A non-Bander writing with Banders makes an inter-Divisional roleplay.  With the Black Tower, training RPs and such are okay, as that was part of the arrangement that was reached a couple years ago when the Black Tower allied itself with the Band.  Arrivals, though, are not training RPs, which mean that they need the approval of the DLs of all involved Divisions.

Quick note: 'intra-Div' refers to RPs that occur within the Division, which do not need approval as long as they are not going to cause major changes in the Main Line or to the Band.  'Inter-Div' refers to RPs that are between two or more divisions.  There are some arrangements that exclude certain RPs from this, similar to the one involving weapons training for the BTers.  If you desire, I can make a sticky that clearly outlines all of this.

The only RPs that the main staff ever arranged were the Red Trenches, the large inter-Div RPs, and the occasional OTS courses.  All other RPs were set up by non-staffers.  Personally, I love seeing members come in with ideas, and I'm willing to help with the carrying-out of any ideas anybody has. 

My character's as far as he's ever going to get, rank- and WS-wise, which means that I don't worry too much about actively coming up with ideas for him; things will happen when I get other players and characters in other divisions into place.

I know that what I've been saying has seemed belligerent, and I'm not actually sorry about it.  The tone of what has been said thus far has read like a declaration of war.  I know that most of you have no reason to have a personal grudge against me.  However, it's hard to remember that when I'm reading what I have read whilst hearing about someone circumventing my position without bothering to find out whether it's even necessary yet.

Quibby, it was far from a Declaration of War.  We were bored, you didn't respond when we waited to hear back from you, so we did a thread!  It has been fun, and is still fun as it is going, and we would love to see more of those, hopefully with you involved.  Your inactivity has made it awkward for us to be able to have more of these RPs.  That is all we are saying.

ah, sweet, thanks for the heads up quibby, can't wait for some battle RP's, I was getting antsy.

edit: and I didn't realize I was circumventing your position, someone told me all I needed was approval from the black tower on their side, that's what the whole point of my original post about saying we're doing the best we can with what we've got was meant to say.

*shrugs* Excrement occurs.  Technical issue.  Wasn't intentional, on your part.  My silence on this was because I was waiting on the normal process, which I mentioned earlier.