DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Batman 3 Rumors confirmed... sort of

Emperor

That would indeed be perfect, having the Joker released close to the end of the movie would be quite a setup for the next movie.

SD, why not alba or biel? Ever heard about acting ability? None of them can act, which is quite a problem with a movie like Nolans Batman. It would be like casting Danny Devito as Conan...

• Community Administrator

That would indeed be perfect, having the Joker released close to the end of the movie would be quite a setup for the next movie.

SD, why not alba or biel? Ever heard about acting ability? None of them can act, which is quite a problem with a movie like Nolans Batman. It would be like casting Danny Devito as Conan...

They can act! Who says Acting Sexy isn't acting!?

Also, Danny Devito as Conah = GENIUS!!

They can act! Who says Acting Sexy isn't acting!?

Also, Danny Devito as Conah = GENIUS!!

i keep thinking he makes no sense...but then i remember that he bought a ps3 for the videogames so i feel better^^

Let's see, who would JD cast?

Penguin- Ethan Hawke (Because we might as well make Penguin a bad ass cool bastard, plus Ethan goes crazy with the best of em.)

Riddler- Johhny Depp (or for Joker, but really Heath did blow that roll right up, it's a shame to have to figure out how to replace him, besides the riddler makes more sense for Depp, because Depps more strange than crazy)

Ivy- Angelina Jolie (Hey she really is a pretty good actress)

Freeze- Brad Pitt (Because he's Brad F'n Pitt and he's almost as amazing as Tom Cruise.)

Bane-Ryan Phillape (I dig him, he's a good actor)

Catwoman-Jenna Jameson (I know you've come to expect this kind of thing from me by now right? besides why not?  she might turn in a good performance, I happen to enjoy her acting muchly  ;))

Harley Quinn-Claire Danes (Probably the best actress working today)

I'd say Tom Cruise but I'm bus...erm, he's busy, and far too important for a batman movie.  Besides after they did Katie like that it just wouldn't be cool.

JD,

'n stuff

• 4 weeks later...
"It's all B.S. ALL of it."

In a recent interview, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight writer David S. Goyer made a startling rejection of what has become generally accepted rumors concerning the financially inevitable third installment in the current Batman series (tentatively titled "The Caped Crusader.")

NO on the following ideas:

-Christopher Nolan having already signed on to direct.

-Pre-production starting as early as 2009.

-The casting of Johnny Depp as the Riddler.

-The casting of Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin.

Looks like the communication is a bit haywire right now. However, the news is probably not bleak enough to send fans jumping off cliffs as much as the rumor that Brett Ratner was looking to direct a spin-off film about the Joker. We certainly don't stand to benefit from a rushed project, so the "Lucas-esque" 3-year gap trend between films doesn't seem to be all that unreasonable. So do hold tight, be patient, and clutch your Blu Ray copies of 'The Dark Knight' when you get them. If you still find your desires unsatiated, then all I have to say is remember Joel Schumacher and the fact that Batman and Robin was rushed and what we got was an indelible stain on the art of filmmaking as a whole.

"There really isn't anything to tell." Said Goyer. "If and when (Chris is) ready to talk - we'll talk."

• 4 weeks later...
Having returned from his vacation, "The Dark Knight" director Christopher Nolan surfaced at the recent SCREAM 2008 Awards and The Los Angeles Times got to do an extensive three-part interview with him.

In the first part they ask him the questions that have been lingering ever since the "Batman Begins" sequel hit so huge. At present 'Knight' stands with a $528 million domestic and just shy of $1 billion international total. Nolan joked about such abstract numbers, saying "There's something liberating in knowing that my next film, whatever it is, isn't going to make as much money [laughter]. I don't have to try for years."

Will he do another one? "There are two things to be said. One is the emphasis on story. What's the story? Is there a story that's going to keep me emotionally invested for the couple of years that it will take to make another one? That's the overriding question. On a more superficial level, I have to ask the question: How many good third movies in a franchise can people name? [Laughs.] At the same time, in taking on the second one, we had the challenge of trying to make a great second movie, and there haven't been too many of those either. It's all about the story really. If the story is there, everything is possible."

What kind of film will he do next? "After "Batman Begins," I certainly felt like taking on something smaller, but one of the things I got such a thrill from on "The Dark Knight" was shooting on Imax and creating that massive scale and achieving that larger-than-life quality. So that's a lot of fun. I'm drawn in both directions now. So maybe what I need to do next is a very intimate, small story that happens to be photographed on a ridiculously large scale. Or vice versa [laughs]."

Archived