DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You took who to the where for what???!!! (ATTN Talavin)

Tigara

Melianna absently wandered the halls of the White Tower. It was a freeday and she didn't have to do a thing. And with Melianna, free time equals daydreaming! As anyone would expect, ter'angreal were on her mind in the worst way. As she imagined their shapes, uses, and anything she could think of about, she recived a sudden urge to be near one,  touch one, use one. The Aes Sedai didn't let her use anything that they didn't know the function of, but she wanted to try new ones.  Ones that the Aes Sedai didn't use.

She might need help, but from who. None of the Accepted she knew would take time to study ter'angreal with her, and the novices knew of her reputation enough to not go along. Her finger tapped against her lips in thought. Who to take. She passed by a window into the Warder's Yard and stopped to look out. A Tower Guard? They wouldn't know her reputation and would do a little ole' Accepted a favor for sure. She took off running down the stairs to go to the Yard.

She spied a young man nearby to the door she came from and eyed him up. He wasn't very tall, in fact she thought she was taller than he. He had all the markings of an Andoran and from his apparel, he was a Tower Guard. Perfect. She waited for him to get closer then tried to get his attention. "Pssst! You, come here please!"

Melianna Hollmen

Being a bad girl

OOC: Oops, I missed this :P

IC: It was an ordinary day in the Warders Yards. The sun was shining, the grass was green, and the water was sparking... and poor Arath had no idea what was about to happen to him. He was off duty and he was hoping for some time with Eqwina, and so he was heading over to the Tower. Arath wanted to encounter his sweet goddess, his mistress of Light, and his (hopefully) future Aes' Sedai! The day seemed brighter when he was around Eqwina, and the world a better place.

Unfortunately, he was thwarted by an Accepted who wanted some sort of assistance. Arath was not acutally promised or bonded to Eqwina, so he couldn't make the excuse that he was going to see her. And so, very sadly he would have to humor this Accepted until she was done with him. He did his best to look neutral and not show any hint of impatience. Light! Why did she have to choose him of all people to bother?

"Yes, Accepted, how can I help you?" At least he would have a legitimate reason for being inside of the White Tower...

Thank the Light, he saw her! He strode over and appeared to be neutral. She put on a very innocent, gushy tone and look, then began to work him over. "I need some help down in the basements. Would you be able to come give me a hand? There are some things I can't lift." She just sounded so helpless. Thinking back, what she said bordered on scandalous. It sounded as if she was tricking him into going somewhere inconspicuous for some snogging. She hoped he didn't think she was trying that. That would get her nowhere!

Arath fought the urge to quirk an eyebrow at her overly gushy words. They could almost be taken as flirtatious, but Arath dismissed her simply as a spacy brown-type accepted who didn't even realize what she was saying. It was a little bit of a stretch, but he prefered to think that way than the alternative. Besides, he was desperate for a way to get inside the Tower. If he had to endure a horribly boring time with a horribly strange Accepted, so be it. He nodded his consent and did his best to appear disconcerted and neutral to the situation.

He allowed himself to be led by the Accepted into the basements of the Tower and to whatever sort of vault they were venturing into. They got strange looks from some of the passing Aes' Sedai and servents, but his cloak went a long way in garunteeing their passage. A trainee would have been stopped imidiately, but he was a Tower Guard, and with his confident stride most assumed that he was suppsosed to be in the Tower. And most Sisters had better things to do with their time than to interogate a Tower Guard- the fact that his guide was an Accepted and not a Novice helped as well.

Looks were the only thing they recieved, however, and they soon made their way to the basements without issue- although the many stairs were a pain. As they came to a stop, Arath inquired: "Alright, so what do you need me to do?"

Melianna resisted the urge to merrily skip down the Halls. That would be a surefire way to arouse suspicions and if suspicion and Melianna were put in the same thought, everyone knew ter'angreal were involved somehow. She descnded the stairs with her Tower Guard following at her heels. A handful of flights of stairs later, they arrived in the basement. Meli peered around the corner and sure enough, there she was. Donyelle. The girl was a target and base of many a rumor around the Accepted Halls, and any that she was a target of, she retaliated with fury. Especially when Celeste was the source. Those girls constantly fought. It was only ever verbally, but according to rumors, it had been far more physical back in their novice days.

It was curious that Donyelle was alone, when suddenly she remembered that she was supposed to be on duty today with her. And here she thought it had been a freeday! It might actually be easier this way. She motioned the Tower Guard, whose name she had yet to discover, to follow her lead, then wandered around the corner. "There you are, Melianna. You're an hour late. I should report you to Larindhra Sedai for making me wait." Donyelle eyed Arath over Meli's shoulder.

"I know I'm late, but you will never guess what I heard!" The other Accepted leaned closer and looked very interested. "I heard from Jerenia, who heard from Selene, who heard from Jasmyne, who heard from Terese, who heard from Magalyn, who heard from Celeste that you've been wetting your bed every day for a week." Meli just watched the girl redden. Her cheeks were rosy naturally, so this just made them stick out that much more. Donyelle just bunched her fists and muttered "Why I aughta..." Melianna just smiled and flipped her hair out of her face. "I thought you might want to go beat her, report her, or spread rumors or something, so I brought a Tower Guard down to replace you while you went to deal with Celeste." Donyelle gave Meli a very skeptical look, then ran down the hall and up the stairs.

Meli waited until the fottsteps faded into nothing, then giggled. That was too easy. But if either finds out I lied, I better watch my back. "Um, Mr Tower Guard, I need you to be my look-out for a few minutes. If you hear anyone coming, knock on the door twice." Before he could reply, she embraced the Source, wove an unlocking weave, went in the room and closed the door behind her. A globe of light bobbed beside her and she browsed the contents of the room. Old crates covered in years of dust and other articles covered in musty cloth. All of it ter'angreal. No one knew the uses of any of them, or if they did, they were rather impractical and useless. She opened a crate and examined the strange glasslike figurines and shapes inside. She felt them over and felt a certain ecstasy that rivaled with saidar itself. She looked up and saw a very appealing looking pair of swans with their necks forming a heart sitting up on a top shelf. It was cute really. But she couldn't reach it. She didn't trust any of the crates to hold her weight. This is exactly why she had a helper.

She went back to the door and opened it up a tiny bit, then poked her head around. Her guard was still there. "Umm, could you give me a boost? I can't quite reach something."

• 1 month later...

OOC: I'm only... *cough* a month and a half behind on this one...

IC: Arath blinked in surprise as the Accepted leaned to the other girl and started whispering in her ear. Obviously she said something bad, because the other girl blushed as red as sunset and tore off towards Light-knows-where. The Accepted gave him a sickly-sweet smile and ordered him to stay where he was, and gave him instructions to knock on the door if anyone was coming. Arath wasn't stupid, and he knew that the Accepted obviously wasn't supposed to be doing whatever it was that she was doing. Arath bit back another sigh. He wouldn't report her because then he would have no excuse to be in the Tower, and no excuse to see Eqwina Sedai...

Arath was snapped out of his thoughts when the girl came back out and asked for his assistance. She didn't even wait for an answer before she tore back into the storage room and bounced on her toes impatiently. Arath supressed the urge to shoot her a dirty look, and went over to the Accepted. He grunted as he boosted her up, and did his best not to glance up- the girl was wearing a skirt after all. She apparently was able to get what she wanted, because she ordered him right back out of the room. Arath obliged, albeit a little bit irritated, and waited- patiently- outside until the Accepted decided his services were needed once more.

Meli grabbed her swans as the nice Tower Guard gave her a boost. They weren't as heavy as she thought they might be. Perhaps they were hollow inside. "Thank you very much, Mr. Tower Guard. I'll be fine for now. Go back to guarding and I'll call if I need you again." Not even looking to see if he left, her focus went straight to the pair of swans. She ran her hands across them, wiping most of the dust off onto her hands. Promptly wiping the dust off her hands onto her dress, she picked it up and began looking at it from all angles. It definitely had a look of thick, hollow porcelain.

Suddenly, she was struck with the feeling that by extending a weave of Water, or maybe one with Water in it, through the heart made by the necks, the weave would be invisible to anyone. It was mostly a feeling, but she couldn't shake it. Taking a simple flow of Water, she extended it through the heart...and it didn't look different. It didn't seem different at all. Maybe she was wrong. Or maybe the weaver can still see it? She decided to find another ter'angreal and see what it was like. Picking up a fat bronze ring with a topaz on it, she felt it and looked it over. Another feeling came to her. It was like a well, but for a single weave. Like it was stored in there. She wasn't exactly sure how to get in in there, or how to get it out once it was in. Picking up a pair of gold bells on a chain, she tried this one. The feeling was back, but stronger. She knew what this one did. With the right weave in the right bell, it could call animals and make them tame, but with the same weave in the other bell, the animals would be repelled and become really aggressive.

By this time, she was literally bouncing with excitement. She knew what ter'angreal did! Seeing an ivory hairbrush, she wove a simple weave of Air into the small, clear gem on the end of the handle. It glowed a yellowish color. She picked it up and ran it through her hair. Her breath was lost as she looked at the sections of hair she combed. It was blonde! Her dark brown hair was a pale, golden blonde!  Trying the same weave except with Fire, she ran it though her hair on the other side of her head. It was a bright brilliant crimson! She gave off a squeal of delight!

She set the brush down on a box and barged out the door. Her guard was still there. "Stay here! I'll be right back!" Hiking her skirts up, she tore down the hall and up the stairs looking for the nearest Aes Sedai. She couldn't wait to tell someone her news!

Melianna Hollmen

The multicolored-haired girl whose going to get in trouble

OOC: Thanks a million for the post Talavin! If you like, you can post more, commenting on the situation or slinking off to see Eqwina or something. If you're busy, then no worries. ;)

• 3 months later...

Jaydena glanced down at her notes one more time, 'The Angreal is shapped like two turtles and appears to be made of a crystal like stone. However the stone can not been seen through, as is the case with most crystals. The use for this Angreal has not been discovered and anyone that touches it breaks out in hives.' She nodded and then looked at the next one on her list, putting a check next to it, to indicate that she had checked it. 'The Angreal is a ring which has no beginning and no end, much like the serpant rings we all wear but this is a interlooping braided metal of a shiny metallic material. The use of this Angreal has yet to to be discovered.' She added several more checkmarks to the list and then stood up. Jade brushed her long auburn hair out of her eyes with her hand, and then reached over to pin it back, though she wasn't entirely sure why she hadn't done that before she started working today. Lately she seemed to be as absentminded as some of the Browns she dealt with in the Tower. With a glance she checked the room for her walking slippers and noticed that they were right next to the couch where they should be. She smiled and shook her head at herself and then picked up her writing case that she had invented when she was an Accepted. Of course the original had been replaced many times of the years but it was still the same concept. The papers were set inside the wooden case and then she locked it. Inside was more paper, ink, sand, wax, and everything she needed to write letters or keep notes while away from her desk. Jade walked over to the mirror on the other side of the room and checked out her appearance, it wouldn't appear to go into the Tower looking like she had been sleeping. She didn't see any ink on her cheek and her hair looked fine despite all the pushing it aside. Her dress was a dark emerald with silver circles that intertwined going down the front seams. It would stay clean in the place she planned to go today, for it quite dirty in there. She smiled and then walked from the room, her emerald eyes looking back at her quarters as she set the wards on her rooms.

It didn't take her long to reach the part of the Halls that contained the steps leading to the basements. She was just about to walk down to the storerooms, when she saw an Accepted come running up the steps. Jade recognized her mentee and gave her a quick nod and a smile, Melianna must be coming off guard duty for the storeroom and that would mean the girls she would be dealing with would be fresh and willing to offer help moving things if she needed. The girls that had been on-duty for awhile tended to grumble under their breath when she asked for their assistance, which they shouldn't be considering who she was. Light, if they had any clue who she was, they wouldn't dare mess with her. As it was, they knew she was a Sitter for the Battle Ajah and that alone should have warned them of what she could do them. Of course not all of them would make it through the final test as it was, so she wouldn't bear a grudge. Jade continued to walk and was about to walk around Melianna for she knew that Melianna must be hungry after being on duty, when she noticed the girl wasn't veering around her and was surprised when Melianna walked right up to her and spoke in an excited voice....

Jaydena Mckanthur

• 2 weeks later...

Conveniently enough, the first Aes Sedai Meli found was Jaydena Sedai, her mentor and somewhat of an expert on angreal and ter'angreal. She rushed up to her and began babbling like the Tower was on fire.

"Jaydena Sedai! Jaydena Sedai! You'll never guess what happened! I know what ter'angreal can do! First it was the swans that make water invisible, then there was the ring that stores weaves and the bells that call animals! The I used the brush with air and it made me blonde and then with fire it made me red like Jerenia! See! See! It's blonde and red! Isn't this exciting Jaydena Sedai?"

She had the colored chunks of her hair in her hands and she was showing them off to her mentor while bouncing around with excitement, expecting the aged Green Sister to join her in her very girlish act.

• 1 month later...

ooc- OMG, I am so sorry sweetie, I just realized I forgot this a couple days ago. *hugs* Please forgive me.

Jaydena glanced down at Mel and wondered if the girl had hit her head on something as she began babbling so fast that Jade couldn't understand a thing she was saying. "Jaydena Sedai! Jaydena Sedai! You'll never guess what happened! I know what ter'angreal can do! First it was the swans that make water invisible, then there was the ring that stores weaves and the bells that call animals! The I used the brush with air and it made me blonde and then with fire it made me red like Jerenia! See! See! It's blonde and red! Isn't this exciting Jaydena Sedai?" She shook her head and arched an eyebrow, trying to make sense of what the girl had said. She let her eyes wander over her mentee's hair, which was in fact a very bright red. In fact she was surprised she hadn't noticed the change earlier when Mel ran up to her. Out of all of the mess she had just said, the one thing that stuck out was the words ter'angreal. Mel was holding the colored chunks of her hair in her hands and all but jumping up and down. With shock she wondered if Meli had discovered a talent, it would be truly amazing if she could figure out what angreal were.

There were so many inside the storerooms that they had no idea their functions. In fact the one she had planned on studying today would be a good start, if she could just find it. Light the things they would learn with this child, it just boggled the mind when you considered the possibilities. Even rarer was the fact that she herself had a talent and now her mentee did as well, not exactly something that happened on a regular basis in these halls. However first she needed to find out what her mentee had been doing playing with angreal in the storeroom. Taking a deep breath to steady herself and calm her emotions, she looked at Mel, adopting the serene look and spoke, "Are you on duty today my child? Is it your turn to watch the storerooms?" She arched her eyebrow once more at Meli and waited for her to speak...

Jaydena Mckanthur

Meli calmed down as she noticed Jaydena Sedai wasn't sharing her enthusiasm. Well, of course she wasn't. Aes Sedai don't bounce up and down with excitement! She took a deep breath to calm herself as Jade Sedai asked her some very uncomfortable questions. Perhaps she wasn't supposed to be in the storeroom and perhaps she sorta gave it away. Not a good thing...

"Yes, Jaydena Sedai. It was my turn to be on duty, as was Donyelle. But ummm, she left in such a huff when I got there that....I assumed something had maybe gone wrong or fallen...maybe, so I just had to...go in and see, and then  I just knew what they did." She gave a nod after her very uncertain explaination. She really was a horrible liar, which might be a good thing if she was to become Aes Sedai, since they can't. But somehow, she just knew that Jaydena Sedai knew that Meli wasn't being honest...or at least not completely honest.

Melianna Hollmen

Horrid liar!

• 3 weeks later...

"Yes, Jaydena Sedai. It was my turn to be on duty, as was Donyelle. But ummm, she left in such a huff when I got there that....I assumed something had maybe gone wrong or fallen...maybe, so I just had to...go in and see, and then  I just knew what they did." Jaydena shook her head and arched an eyebrow at the girl, it was obvious that the girl was lying. "Meli, you have better think again about that lie, you do realize that if you have rediscovered a talent that by all accounts has been lost for so many years that no one knows how long it's been missing, there are going to be questions asked and they are going to want to know what in the Light you were doing in the storerooms. So if you in fact had permission to be guarding them you are fine, though you aren't supposed to be touching them period while guarding them. If you weren't on duty you are most likely going to get a penance for doing this at the very least. Think about why you were doing that before you tell me another lie like that. I want you to remember this my child, someday soon if the Light wills, you will walk these hallowed halls as an Aes Sedai. When you become an Aes Sedai there are certain resposibilites that go with it. One of those is that you swear an oath to tell no lie, it's a huge burden and one that people use to trust us. To know that we won't use our considerable power against them. You should already doing you best to act like a Sister and by lying you are not. Keep that in mind Meli."

She nodded at this and then spoke again, "Think about it my child. Now take me to the storerooms and show me what you are up to." She walked toward the storerooms, on the way down she sent a message to one of her warders, using a gentle tug to the bond. He would find them inside the storerooms and she would have him there in case this was a trap and also to run to the Mistress of Novices to let her know what was going on. They made their way down the stairs and she embraced the source and lit a ball of light in her hand to lead the way. It has a slight shade of green to it, which was her nod to her ajah, and had been that way since she was a Novice and first started doing it. She supposed that should have been her clue that she was going to go Green but it hadn't been. When she was a Novice and Accepted she thought she was going to go Gray for sure. As an Accepted she had been all set to go Gray and all it has taken was a tea with her mentor; Kaylan Sedai, Taya Sedai, Eleanor Sedai, and Eladari Sedai. All Greens who were so sure about being Green. It was that pivotal moment that she knew that she was meant to be a Green and always had been meant to walk their path of sacrafice. Shaking her head she stepped off the stairs and they started down the hallway that led to the storerooms...

Jaydena Mckanthur

• 2 weeks later...

Meli went wide eyed as Jaydena Sedai gave her quite a stern lecture on lying. She had a good point, about the Oath against lying. It was probably in her best interest to start working on manipulating the truth now and not after she was physically inable to. She swallowed hard and then turned to lead her mentor down into the basement where the storeroom was...and hopefully her guard as well. She started to explain as they descended. "I'm very sorry for lying, Aes Sedai. Well, partially lying. I really was on duty, but I had forgotten and came late, then told Donyelle that Celeste had been spreading rumors about her so that she would leave so I could sneak in. I don`t know what came over me. I just had such an increible urge to even just touch one ter'angreal for a second. I'm very sorry."

The Tower Guard was indeed still there, guarding the door. He bowed as the wisened Green appraoched and Melianna opened the door and led her in, the green light filling the dusty room. It was all as she left it. Walking over to the crate she used as a table, she picked up the ring. "This, Jaydena Sedai, I think can hold a weave, much like a well holds saidar. This bell, with the right weave, can alter how nearby animals behave. This brish is what colored my hair so strangely." She paused and went to the swans. "And this...makes water flows invisible...somehow..." Without thinking to ask permission, she embraced the Source and sent a single flow of Water through the heart formed by the swans. "Hmm, it doesn't appear to be working. I can still see it, can't you Aes Sedai?" She suddenly realized she channeled in front of an Aes Sedai without permission. Her eyes went wide, then she squeezed them shut, fearing further punishment.

OOC: The flow would have completely disappeared to Jade as it went through the heart, just so you know. ;)

"I'm very sorry for lying, Aes Sedai. Well, partially lying. I really was on duty, but I had forgotten and came late, then told Donyelle that Celeste had been spreading rumors about her so that she would leave so I could sneak in. I don`t know what came over me. I just had such an increible urge to even just touch one ter'angreal for a second. I'm very sorry." Jaydena nodded as they walked further into the storerooms, and replied, "I am glad to hear you admit that you were lying, it doesn't matter if it's a partial oath my child, the oath rod won't even allow that, so keep that in mind, we will talk about punishment if there is to be any later. Now lead on. They reached the storeroom the girl had been in and she noticed a Tower Guard standing guard, she had never met this one before that she could remember. She nodded to the young man and then followed Mel into the storeroom that's door was sitting open.

They walked further into the room and Mel walked up to a crate and picked up a ring lyig on it. "This, Jaydena Sedai, I think can hold a weave, much like a well holds saidar. This bell, with the right weave, can alter how nearby animals behave. This brush is what colored my hair so strangely." She gazed at the three objects that her mentee had pointed too and then waited fror the girl to continue, "And this...makes water flows invisible...somehow..." Mel embraced the source in front of her and then channeled into the swans. Jade arched her eyebrow and waited for the girl to realize what she was doing, "Hmm, it doesn't appear to be working. I can still see it, can't you Aes Sedai?" She watched as the flow disappeared into the heart of the angreal, not something she had ever seen before, than she looked up at Mel who's eyes had gone wide with shock. "Yes well child we will deal with that as well later on. So what element did you channel into each of them to make them work?" She picked up the brush and gazed at it, they had never known what it did, only that it was an angreal.

Jaydena Mckanthur