DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A New Life (Open!)

Jagen Sedai

OOC: Sorry for the wait

IC: Ze'el hummed as he listened to the beautiful music coming from the two women. He had to say that even though he enjoyed art more than music, he was very impressed. The quality of Kami's voice was pure and the tone perfect. He breifly noted two men sitting down by him and listened into their conversation. It was rather uninteresting until the Asha'man began talking about the Taint and what it would do to a man. The dedicated beside him shivered, Ze'el was only curious- the men here seemed to avoid talking about the Taint. He was curious to meet a man that would speak freely about it.

The Asha'man told the Dedicated about how he loved phillosophy, and when the women came over, he told them to be careful in this place. It was good advice, but unfortunately for them it was a little bit late. Ze'el really had no desire to harm the woman and pseudo-woman, but he had no fantasies that they meant anything to them. A small smile danced on his face as he realized that he really was the worst sort of man. After all, he would stab you behind your back- it was far better to know the face of your enemy than to think him your friend.

Interrupting both of the other men, Ze'el addressed Kami directly. "Kami, you truely do have a lovely voice. No wonder you were desparing about not being able to use it." He smiled at the sort-of-man and continued on. "But surely your throat is a bit dry after all of that singing, perhaps you would like some tea?" Ze'el asked benevollently.

Helina looked over to Kami as the Dedicated inquired about him. As Kami played a final short piece, he even sang a little, a short song about nature. After that he went to sit with them, close to Kassian though.

"Oh, that's my cousin, Kami," Helina told the two men. "Lovely on the harp, no? I used to play, but Kami is much better than me. And I thank you for your concern, sir Asha'man, but I think we can do well. We're Saldaean woman, and no southern men should mess with us!" she laughed. The innkeep brought over another drink and she downed half of it rather quickly.

"Ah, thank you for the offer, Kassian. It's a bit hot in here too isn't it?" he produced a fan from his dress and opened it up, fanning himself. "You know fan dances are popular in Saldaea. Maybe these men would like a real dance too! How about it? Are you enjoying yourself? I'll get Helina to dance, if she's more to your tastes than I," he winked.

OOC: Alright, since I've been slow to post lately I'm going to let you three take over from here :)

IC: Ze'el supressed a smirk as he quickly realized the implications of Kami's words. Some unfortunate man would find out that he had been dancing the night away with another man! He glanced over at Helina- she was a pretty enough lass, but unfortunately Ze'el did not like any dance but the subtle dance of words and lies. He would not be dancing at all if he could help it.

"Unfortunately, I have a weapons class tomorrow... very early." Ze'el grimaced to show his opinion on the matter. "It was truely a lovely evening, but I must retire." Ze'el made his way out of the Inn after exchanging pleasentries with all of the people that had been around him. He stayed long enough to see Kami and Helina get paired up with men to dance, and he had to stop himself from laughing at the sight. Yes, perhaps Kami would be interesting...

OOC:  Just thought I'd poke in once for the fun of it ;D

Arath was looking forward to a good meal at Covai's inn after the long day.  If he had to put up with any more wool-headed idiocy from the soldiers tonight ... he wasn't sure what he'd do actually, but it wouldn't be pretty.

As he reached the door he stepped aside as Kassian swept out, a curious, amused expression on his face.  Wondering what would amuse the odd, slightly disturbing soldier, Arath stepped inside.  At first glance, all seemed normal.  A few of the local women were dancing around the common room with their lucky targets.  The one seemed very familiar though.  Surely it wasn't ... Blood and bloody ashes! thought Arath as he recognized Kami, who once again wore a dress, and was now cavorting around on the arm of a clearly oblivious Dedicated.

After suffering a slightly nauseous moment, Arath turned around again and headed back to his own home.  He suddenly found himself without an appetite.  As he walked he idly wondered whether or not he wanted the Dedicated to find out the truth.  Not learning would save the man a lot of trauma, but if he did find out, there was a great likelyhood that Kami would no longer be a problem for him anymore.

With that happy thought, Arath strode off, imagining creative ways to deal with his problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Ikki was pulled onto the dance floor by Kami and she pulled out an eloquent Saldean fan. There was still something off about her that he couldn't shake off, but perhaps it was the taint messing with his mind. One of the Soldier's wives went on stage and began a quick, cheerful tune with a simple flute and the inn burst into dance. Chairs and tables were cleared to the side and wives paired up with husbands, daughters paired up with young Blackcoats, and Kami paired up with Ikki. It was a rather festive dance with very simple steps. He caught on quickly and soon he and Kami were in sync with every other couple in the room. It had been a great long while since he had danced with anyone. In fact, it had been years.

He had last danced when he was on his way to the Black Tower from Mayene. He had stopped in an inn in a small town just out of Aringill. He had danced with a very pretty girl with red-gold hair and a considerable bosom. He wasn't exactly sure how long ago that had been, but it was at least two years ago. The music stopped and the flutist was readying for a new dance. "Care to dance again, kind lady?"

Kami nodded almost immediately to the Dedicated. Dancing was another passion of his, as free-form here as it was, and so he took hold of Ikki's hands again and followed the channeler's lead. Purely enjoying himself and ignoring the time, he followed Ikki in another two dances before they headed back to their table.

Kami picked up his drink but hesitated to sip it. He suddenly felt keenly aware of saidin, just waiting to be grasped. Trying to ignore it he took a few swallows of the drink and looked to the Dedicated.

"Thank you so much for such a wonderful night," he told him graciously. "It was definitely appreciated, and I hope you enjoyed yourself as well." He glanced over to Helena who was packing the instruments while laughing with a young Soldier. "And thank you sir Asha'man for sitting with us, and Kassian, I hope you have a good night as well. Ah, I hope to see you again, sir...?" he inquired about the Dedicated's name. He wasn't a bad looking fellow. If Kami was feeling particularly hopeful, well, he'd imagine getting a bit closer to him. As a friend, of course.