DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who else is mad at Faile

Andrew B.

exactly, he would see it as something she felt she was forced to do to get out because he wasnt there.

and we all know berelain has a white-clad brain-muddler on the way to take her off perrin so.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
exactly' date=' he would see it as something she felt she was forced to do to get out because he wasnt there.

and we all know berelain has a white-clad brain-muddler on the way to take her off perrin so.....[/quote']

*cough*Galad*coughcough* i mean...duh right :)

• 5 years later...

I don't think Rolan would have raped Faile. He did want to sleep with her and more but he wouldn't have forced her. He was just having trouble understanding why she was so resistant because in his culture it would be perfectly acceptable for the the hook up while she was gai'shan (sp?). Most of the characters in these books love to think of their culture as the "right" way and everyone else is backwards and wrong. Rolan was making his advances with Faile stronger but that was in part because Faile's refusals were getting weaker and weaker.

I do believe that given more time Faile might have given in because she really was starting to like Rolan. And if that is what it took to get her out of the Shadio camp she may have done it. For that she may feel guilty and for her small part in Rolan's death to Perrin she may feel guilty. But since she was rescued when she was she did not cheat on Perrin.

Though I don't think Perrin would leave her if she did. He would take it as his own failer for not getting to her in time. I don't agree that he should feel that way but I think he would.

Very much agree with everything you said. Not sure about Faile's refusals getting weaker. I thought she was just leading Rolan on a leash but a side-effect of that was perhaps she was getting a bit soft with him and somehow starting to like him slightly.

Person who said Faile cheated on Perrin (near the beginning of this thread)? Erm... quote page no., book, line, paragraph...? I'm 100% positive nothing 'intimate' or physical happened between them. Luckily Rolan was a nice enough guy to not force himself on her but he was a bit nasty that he wanted to marry her even though she told him he she was already married. Sheesh, trying to pick up other dudes wives... maybe it wasn't his fault since as 'dagwall' said as gai'shain, it was okay for her and him to hook up and maybe he thought her husband would abandon her now she's been captured. Ha, clearly said husband did not... :laugh:

Back to Faile though. Person who said spying is a wives job. Looking at Faile, that just fits her perfectly with her 'Cha Faile' followers/group (?). There's gonna be some secrets since she has to do the hard things Perrin the softy (that's not a bad trait) won't do e.g. she had to stab Masema/the Prophet because Perrin didn't want to kill a madman. In that way, how they both fill each other's weakness you might say, Perrin and Faile are perfect for each other. Classic saying goes 'opposites attract' and here they really do. And for most people it seems e.g. Rand/Aviendha, Rand/Elayne (not sure about Min..), Mat/Tuon, Lan/Nynaeve... they all seem fairly opposite in culture, views and personality yet they complement each other so well.

Plus, no relationship, especially in this book, is a smooth ride. There will be pitfalls, bumps, trips along the way i.e. Berelain and Perrin, Aviendha awkwardness due to uncertainty of Elayne, Mat and Tuon with her being the flipping Empress, etc. Even through all this, Perrin and Faile still love each other, support each other so yeah, they are perfect together.

(doesn't Faile spill the beans in ToM when they have that picnic anniversary? Perrin suspects about Rolan and asks her something doesn't he? And anyone know why Faile still wears that blue stone Rolan gave her...?)

Jeez, I was reading through this thread and thinking, "have these people not read the books?" Then I realize it was from 2006!!!

IN any case, I believe that this has been mostly cleared up as mentioned in the recent posts.

Anyone claiming Faile did anything inappropriate now just really really hates her.

She confirmed nothing happened between them in ToM.

As mentioned, she still holds a memento of Rolan and had that private "funeral" for those that died in the attack and helped them. She clearly didn't just "toss him aside" from her mind. It was just that she was so relieved that she was with Perrin again (her ACTUAL husband, remember) that Rolan's death was, while not idea, certainly acceptable. She certainly would rather this than Perrin die or still be a captive.

Besides, I think that her sadness is too nice for the guy. Even though he wasn't bad, he certainly doesn't deserve much mourning, trying to steal her away from Perrin, that is just not good. I thought we still disapproved of rape and adultery these days? (he didn't rape her, to his merit, but I wonder how much longer that would have been true if she hadn't been "rescued" when she did.

Archived